• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bootyful

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    it's widely denied that beauty comes in all forms, models are generally expected to be unhealthily thin, skin in mint condition, and bone structure perfectly symmetrical- and models who pride their 'flaws' and figure have been airbrushed to 'perfection' in many advertisements. should diversity be more respected in the entertainment industry? do you feel this ideal appearance hollywood establishes through models and such is detrimental to the individual, why or why not? is there as much pressure on women to appear a certain way as there is on men? how have you been affected by the industry?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think most models look wrong, I like a bit of meat on my women

Years
  • I don't really care or pay much attention to models. Obviously if you're getting overweight then it's unhealthy, same goes for being too skinny. I like how there's been a push for regular-weight models and the industry's starting to involve women with healthier bodies, however I don't agree with them calling these particular models "real models". What about women who are skinny and can't help it? Are they not real anymore? Either way, I don't pay much attention to things like these, or how I look. I'm relatively fit so maybe that's why I don't feel pressure to lose weight or something, but generally I'd say females are more likely to be self-conscious about how they look and how everybody else perceives them than men, although that's not to say men aren't affected by the media.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I dunno not all models are like that in fact probably most are not.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I don't really know, but I think models and the like are just trying to send out some sort of 'message' to the younger folk. :/ Being THAT skinny is never a good thing. >__>

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A friend of mine who is a homosexual male wants to be a model. He's already think, but he tells me he wants to drop to 89 pounds.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • A friend of mine who is a homosexual male wants to be a model. He's already think, but he tells me he wants to drop to 89 pounds.

ಠ_ಠ

I think you should try to steer him away from that fatal goal. That's a good 40 pounds under the absolute minimum weight for anyone over the modest goal height of 5'2''.

Also, the title of this thread somehow brings flashbacks of the most recent Megaman title.

I personally think beauty is taking great strides in being recognized as coming in many forms. The question is when it becomes too much.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • My parents are always complaining about me being so skinny... maybe I should go be a model. lol

I'm 6' and weighed 115 at the start of the summer. I'm at about 130 now, because I started working out. I don't look any different afaik though.

Years
  • This is an issue that I haven't really thought about much at all since I steer clear of all fashion-related publicity, but ah heck. I think that being as skinny as the typical model can be quite unhealthy and that no one should look to a model as the ideal body type. As far as I know, most guys don't like women to be that thin anyhow. I...have probably been affected 0% by the industry, mostly since I don't even pay attention.

Years
  • Women who are stupidly skinny isn't attractive; it is horrid.

I like to hold a girl and not feel like I am about to snap her if I hold her too hard. XD

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • I don't even check out models lol. I couldn't name one except maybe Milla Jovovich but that's only because I know of her from the Resident Evil series. I probably wouldn't like the majority of them because like Fox said I enjoy a woman with some meat on her bones. I don't mean extremely curvacious or anything but personally I don't pitch a tent when I can see various bone structures on your body.

Years
  • If they're going for the 'perfect model body' then I think they're trying too hard. Sure, add some makeup nice clothes and you look good but dieting and everything for the skinny body isn't healthy and isn't the right way to do it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Aleksandra Wydrydch is the perfect model. Not too skinny, not humongous. Just. Right. And. Perfect. Oh God. (Chick in my avatar.) But as for the others, I am only seeing a problem in the unhealthy ones that don't eat. There at least needs to be some normal diet involved, but not a freaktastic one. Like. Only eating a certain blah at blah time in the blah hemisphere. I don't know.

We need more... round models. I like round girls (Affectionately referred to as "Fat chicks", though not to their faces, of course), and I don't see why most people don't share this view.

Plump girls are cuter.

It depends on what your tastes are. I personally feel uncomfortable with larger people, so...that wouldn't work out for me very well.

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • We need more... round models. I like round girls (Affectionately referred to as "Fat chicks", though not to their faces, of course), and I don't see why most people don't share this view.

Plump girls are cuter. :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Personally, I do like very thin girls... but I seriously doubt the "industry" has influenced me at all, as I don't know the name of even a single model.

I think it's mostly because I'm just as thin as most of these models myself. Would I be wrong in saying that most of you who prefer heavier women, are fat yourselves?

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Personally, I do like very thin girls... but I seriously doubt the "industry" has influenced me at all, as I don't know the name of even a single model.

I think it's mostly because I'm just as thin as most of these models myself. Would I be wrong in saying that most of you who prefer heavier women, are fat yourselves?
    5'11" and 135 pounds.

I'm a land barge. :P

But srsly.

I can't get fat. I eat about half of every dinner (Total portions, not just mine. That's not an exaggeration. I split it with a four year old, and a dieting mother) we make, and I eat three square meals a day.

And yet... you can still see my shoulder blades, and ribs.

I'm ridiculously skinny. D:

EDIT: Apparently, I'd have to gain 25 more pounds to be "overweight." I'm at a normal health, but on the lower end of the scale.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    hmmm i am a fan of horror film but i never
    thought that models are skinnier as a skelton XD
    im sorry my dad told me that joke some weeks ago

but isnt that scary ? if i had a girlfriend
    that would be soo skinny i had to fear to smash her nak if i hug her ! 0o

wtf no thanks

uh and by the way all thoose little girls who read this please dont
    lost weight cuz some random people say your ugly if you think your weight is good than it IS good so dont change you for other people BE YOU !

YAAAAY

Back