PDA

View Full Version : [Weekly Poll] N! [ #12 ]

Forever
December 19th, 2010, 04:21 AM
[CSS-DIV=background-color:#ffffff;height:440px;width:700px;-moz-border-radius:10px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 8px #b1afaf;border:black solid 1px]★★★★★★★
B/W Weekly Poll #12[css-div=margin:10px]Do you like 'N'?
N is one of the most popular characters from Black and White, even from when he was first seen in a screenshot from the games. However, there seems to be a division among Black and White fans. People either love him or think he's overrated pretty much (without even taking his storyline into consideration).

→ I love N
→ He's overrated
→ His storyline is really interesting
→ Don't really care too much about him

And how do you feel about N x Touko (B/W girl)?
Is it likely to happen, unlikely, or don't you care at all?

If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.[/css-div]★★★★★★★[/css-div]

Zorua
December 19th, 2010, 04:26 AM
He's okay. Initially, when I first saw him, I thought he was the coolest guy in the world, but I guess nowadays I don't really have much of an opinion towards him, or at least, not as much anymore. I'll make my decision whether I like him or not after I've played B/W and whatnot.

I guess he seems like a pretty cool guy for the most part, but sorta overrated. :( idk I'm not gonna say anymore here. xD

Regeneration
December 19th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I wouldn't say he's overrated. The story surrounding him is unique and interesting, something we've never ever seen before in the previous generation games. And when do you ever find male characters with such a good design in the games?

And no, I'm not one of those crazy N fan girls. :D

Zaroas
December 19th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I think N's storyline is very unique and such. All the other villians are a bit too power crazed and essentially insane, but N actually knew what he was doing and made his plan very different from the rest.

Kevin
December 19th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hm... I don't care much for N. Just another character in the games to me. But that's because I never played Black or White yet, so maybe my opinions could change later on when the U.S. versions come out.

Miss Doronjo
December 19th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Honestly? I thought N was some kind of alien at first...IDK; from his personage to his name (not everyday that people are named after a single letter. :S)

Well now as a rival, I think he's pretty cool; from the air of mystery around him, to his personality, etc. Actually, he's pretty different from the rivals at the previous games I would think.

So, I kinda like him as a character.

Forever
December 19th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Just adding in and will mention in the first post:

How do you feel about N x Touko (B/W girl)?

Do you think it's likely, unlikely or not care at all?

Regeneration
December 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
How do you feel about N x Touko (B/W girl)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Do not ship Touko with a hideous monster. ;____;

Seriously this belongs in the shipping debates thread.

インフェルノの津波
December 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I don't understand shipping, but...

N is a cool character, despite being a bit wrong in the head. Then again, Geechisu...

That's all I have to say. I never really payed attention to N in my playthrough, he was kinda cast to the side.

tkallab
December 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I don't ship.

I don't really like his name, but it's probably just a codename or Geechisu is really messed up. NOnetheless, I like him. If only he had a real name...

Bluerang1
December 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah I like N. He seems really cool. I'm a fanboy.

Kenshin5
December 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I put overrated, for me it was more of being over hyped. Yes his story line is unique, but not to the point that he should have armies of fan girls/boys. I guess greatness is in the eye of the beholder, I just don't seem him to be that great as of now.

RivalGator
December 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
When I first saw N, I was interested, but I kind of forgot about him later on. Then more stuff started coming out, like fan art and so on... I dunno, I just got more into it. I'm pretty excited to see N. He sounds really interesting. I didn't buy the game yet, I'm going to wait until it comes out in English, so I don't know much about his story yet. But I am pretty excited to see him.

Cherrim
December 19th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I have to admit, I didn't really care much for him. :( I thought he was kind of a jerk as I played (mind you I only ever skimmed his text) and I didn't think he was developed enough. I dunno, maybe he'll be better when I play in English but I've yet to understand the fandom's obsession with him. @_@

King Gumball
December 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I think he is waaaaaaayy too over rated. I dont see why so many people like him. His green hair is aweful, plus it is really long and hippie like... As for Touko and N. I hope it never ever happens. He is out of her league.

loliwin
December 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
N is pretty cool, but I need to see him speak in English to find more about his story :(

Toshiro.
December 19th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Eh, he doesn't really spark much of my interest. Maybe when I play the games he will.

Fushigidane-Chan
December 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
N was awesome. I liked his backstory, his motives, his design... everything. GameFreak really did a great job with him, in my opinion.

Erufuun
December 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
He brought me on a romantic Ferris wheel ride where he proposed to me and we lived happily ever after, the end~ :'D Or at least that's what I pictured what happened since it was in Japanese~ >w> Ooooh N, you can have me~ <333333

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I like N for several reasons one is that he looks similar to how I imagine a Character in a Story of mine. Another is his back story and his position as leader of Team Plasma despite his age :)

PsychoJigglypuff
December 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
OMG N ISH MAH LOVERRR

Nah, but I do think N is pretty cool. My opinion might change in the US release where I can actually understand what he's saying, but still.

dragon0fangz
December 20th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I like how N always has a differing pokemon team, usually from the area he is fought in.

Blue
December 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM
He seems mysterious but cool, I like him :).

Bay Alexison
December 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
From what I heard so far, I think N is the most unique character in the Pokemon games. His plans are different from the other characters in the series and I thought he was developed nicely for a Pokemon character. His backstory is also quite interesting and I liked it a lot. When I get the chance to play the English version of the games, hopefully he'll be just as good. XD

560cool.
December 20th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I love N. He is so sexy (yes I'm a guy u_u) with his hair, and his storyline is pretty cool, too.... from what I've read at least. I can't figure out what he says.
However, N x White ? Nono, never. >:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
December 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I like how N always has a differing pokemon team, usually from the area he is fought in.
This is due to his ideal to not keep Pokemon for battle, the fact that he does makes him even a better character, proves he's not as much a Hypocrite as we originally thought :)

Twiggy
December 20th, 2010, 08:43 PM
You know, there's this weird thing that makes me like N. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's his character? It's so... weird. Oh, and looks cool, too. And the storyline is gold.

fenyx4
December 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Avoiding BW storyline spoilers for the most part, but from the little I've heard about N and his storyline, he seems pretty cool and enigmatic.

I just hope he actually gets a longer name, though. (I'm under the assumption that "N" is a codename, and I do not know if his "name" is actually revealed later on in the game, or if N is his name) A single letter as a name is a bit weird, especially for Pokemon characters... The meanings that could be devised are a bit cool, though... For example:

1. "N" in mathematics tends to be symbolic of a variable, and since it can technically be used to represent any number, N could be said to represent the concept of infinity, in a way. This would link him to Kyuremu, who apparently represents the Wuji philosophy. From what I read off Wikipedia:

Wuji 無極 (literally "without ridgepole") originally meant "ultimateless; boundless; [S-HIGHLIGHT]infinite[/S-HIGHLIGHT]"

2. The only other meaning (and this is a loose one) is that in the letter N, it is composed of three lines; two are parallel lines and one is a diagonal. If you cut it down the middle, you sorta get two "V-like" symbols, one facing up and one facing down. The two parallels could represent Reshiram and Zekrom, with the diagonal, Kyuremu, "linking" them together in a sense. Again, this is a bit of a stretch...

I was thinking Nero (the main name I'm considering to use as my player name) could be N's full name; it roughly means skill in Finnish and black in Italian. But due to the connotation with "black"; it's kind of a one-sided name... :\

In any case, the simple letter "N" invites so much mystifying intrigue and is open to various interpretations. :D

Oh, and Touya x Touko FTW! N x Touko just seems...strange. But with how little I know about N, I don't even know if they could match...

TheChaosBlue
December 24th, 2010, 12:40 PM
N is a great addition to the franchise in my opinion. I commend Game Freak for doing something entirely new and making the game's storyline fresh. N's motives were good, but misguided. I can actually feel for the character and what he stands for.

The Red Chain
December 24th, 2010, 03:32 PM
May as well contribute my opinion~
I do quite like N a lot! When I first saw him I wasn't completely interested, just in the "N" part of his name.
It gave him a mysterious feel and at first I thought it was an alias and wondered why he would need that. XD

Then I learned more about him and became very interested in him as a character.
I don't have a link with him because I never really paid much attention to the actual storyline in B&W, but he's pretty awesome never the less.
Oh and I wanna hurt Geechisu in the worst way possible for torturing that poor boy when he was small. >__>

Sabrewulf238
December 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM
He seems a bit overrated to me.....so many fangirls seemed to throw themselves at his feet the second he was first revealed.

Can't tell for sure until I play the game though, I might end up liking him.

Team Fail
December 25th, 2010, 10:24 AM
He's odd, and appears at random times. I also like his English name.

Erufuun
December 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
He seems a bit overrated to me.....so many fangirls seemed to throw themselves at his feet the second he was first revealed.

Can't tell for sure until I play the game though, I might end up liking him.

NO ONE ASKED YOU, SIR.
XD
Nah, just kidding, I was impartial to him at first as well, found him very weeeeird.

Giratina ♀
December 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I like N based off of general attitude and design (fluffy long green hair = automatic win), and I know vaguely what's up with him just from lurking around on the Internet, but I'm not fangirling over him or anything. At the very least he's going to become another one of the poor, poor villains who end up getting shoved in the important role of a Giratina fanfic.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
January 23rd, 2011, 02:22 AM
I <3 N!! I adore N!! He is the Best ever designed male character for Pokemon in my opinion. I'm probably one of the biggest fan of him and Ferris Wheel Shipping!! ★

MrsNorrington
January 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM

Just gotta say, that shipping is heavily supported in the games. ^^ I love it!!!

I love N sooooo much! He's the anime love of my life. ^^

I love his design (he's so hot!), I love his love and compassion for Pokemon, how he's able to communicate with Pokemon. HIs story is so tragic though ='( I hate Geechisu...

Zephyr+
January 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
I love N, he's probably my favorite character in any Pokemon game to date, but I'm really not digging the heteronormativity in this thread. What's wrong with N/Touya? The script doesn't change depending on your gender; if there's subtext for him and Touko, then there's subtext for him and Touya. C'mon people.

Still, I really like his storyline even though I don't fully understand it. He talks to Pokemon? He was raised to be Team Plasma's king but is actually a tool of Geechis? His team changes every time you fight him due to his communing with the Pokemon in the area? He's a genuinely good person who just so happens to be a villain? Awesome. Can't wait for the game to come out in the US!

Speed
January 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's just shippers that think there's some sort of thing going on between the two, don't worry about it.

And I like N's design a lot, and I think it's pretty cool that he can talk to Pokemon. I don't know much else about him, since I don't want to spoil myself.

ISA56 2.0
January 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
N is pretty cool in my opinion. Not only is he a strong, calculating trainer, he actually CATCHES a legendary, something not even Mr. Crazy Psychopath Cyrus was capable of doing. He even beat the freaking Elite Four with it! He'd be an awesome Pokemon Trainer if Geechisu hadn't messed with him as a child. Makes me hate Geechisu even more:(

Oh, and N+Touya? No.

GlitchCity
January 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
I just want to give him a hug, his storyline is pretty darn good. Plus he has his own castle which is a major plus for me :D

PlatinumDude
January 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
I like how N changes his team completely each time you battle him. His storyline is cool, too.

Zhinc
January 25th, 2011, 10:57 AM
OMGITSNEVERYBODYCOMEANDWORSHIPNAO
Ahem. (: I'm really curious to actually see the plot play out. I'm really liking N so far...it kinda makes me feel like a villian, capturing Pokemon when he's trying to protect them and all. ):

And all the fan-art I see for the ship is cute, but I dunno...I usually don't support any sort of shipping involving the player characters because they're too young in my mind and...they kinda lack a personality? I mean, they're the player. They're given an ambiguous personality. So I don't really believe in shipping the player characters with anyone. But, yeah, the art is really cute. (:

chaos11011
January 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I like N because he's a Nuzlocker

N is cool, in a way he reminds me of Steven from Emerald using both fossils. Though he reminds me of Cyrus just appearing everywhere.

Plus he has green hair, so he can get away with saying "Screw the rules, I have green hair" all the time.

Rawrinism
January 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM

I think it's alright, even with the male dude.

But N seems interesting, although I don't know much about him, I guess I'll judge him when I get Black. ^_^

shinyabsol1
January 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
N is sort of interesting, but in the end, he's just another guy in a Pokemon game to me. He's just there to annoy me and give me experience during the game...

Lynnth
February 1st, 2011, 02:14 AM
I really like N. He became one of my favourite Pokemon characters the first time I saw his official art, and all the fanart I've accumulated of him has not diminished my interest of him at all.

From what I've read about him, he comes across as a really interesting character, certainly more 3D than most of the other Pokemon villains.

As for NxWhite? I'm more of an NxBlack supporter. NxCheren is fine as well.

johnkapid
February 1st, 2011, 02:39 AM
Well, It's just the storyline's great!

TehPsychicTypeMaster
February 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
I like N's character design, backstory and his whole purpose in the game. It's about time they made something new and fresh.

olih
February 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
N is pretty awesome. Especially since he seems so "nice" to Pokemon, despite being Team Plasma leader. All the other Team leaders have been so mean to Pokemon it got boring. ("Ok, I get it already Cyrus you hate your Golbat now will you please shut up????!!!!") Anyways, he has a Metzel Sponge on his belt. No idea what that is but is sounds awesome. To find out about the Metzel Sponge, read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N