• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N! [ #12 ]

Do you like 'N'?

• Total voters

Bay

Years
    From what I heard so far, I think N is the most unique character in the Pokemon games. His plans are different from the other characters in the series and I thought he was developed nicely for a Pokemon character. His backstory is also quite interesting and I liked it a lot. When I get the chance to play the English version of the games, hopefully he'll be just as good. XD

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I love N. He is so sexy (yes I'm a guy u_u) with his hair, and his storyline is pretty cool, too.... from what I've read at least. I can't figure out what he says.
    However, N x White ? Nono, never. >:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You know, there's this weird thing that makes me like N. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's his character? It's so... weird. Oh, and looks cool, too. And the storyline is gold.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    That (insert noun here) Is So N...

Avoiding BW storyline spoilers for the most part, but from the little I've heard about N and his storyline, he seems pretty cool and enigmatic.

I just hope he actually gets a longer name, though. (I'm under the assumption that "N" is a codename, and I do not know if his "name" is actually revealed later on in the game, or if N is his name) A single letter as a name is a bit weird, especially for Pokemon characters... The meanings that could be devised are a bit cool, though... For example:

1. "N" in mathematics tends to be symbolic of a variable, and since it can technically be used to represent any number, N could be said to represent the concept of infinity, in a way. This would link him to Kyuremu, who apparently represents the Wuji philosophy. From what I read off Wikipedia:

Wuji article on Wikipedia said:
    Wuji 無極 (literally "without ridgepole") originally meant "ultimateless; boundless; [S-HIGHLIGHT]infinite[/S-HIGHLIGHT]"

2. The only other meaning (and this is a loose one) is that in the letter N, it is composed of three lines; two are parallel lines and one is a diagonal. If you cut it down the middle, you sorta get two "V-like" symbols, one facing up and one facing down. The two parallels could represent Reshiram and Zekrom, with the diagonal, Kyuremu, "linking" them together in a sense. Again, this is a bit of a stretch...

I was thinking Nero (the main name I'm considering to use as my player name) could be N's full name; it roughly means skill in Finnish and black in Italian. But due to the connotation with "black"; it's kind of a one-sided name... :\

In any case, the simple letter "N" invites so much mystifying intrigue and is open to various interpretations. :D

Oh, and Touya x Touko FTW! N x Touko just seems...strange. But with how little I know about N, I don't even know if they could match...

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    N is a great addition to the franchise in my opinion. I commend Game Freak for doing something entirely new and making the game's storyline fresh. N's motives were good, but misguided. I can actually feel for the character and what he stands for.

The Red Chain

I do quite like N a lot! When I first saw him I wasn't completely interested, just in the "N" part of his name.
    It gave him a mysterious feel and at first I thought it was an alias and wondered why he would need that. XD

Then I learned more about him and became very interested in him as a character.
    I don't have a link with him because I never really paid much attention to the actual storyline in B&W, but he's pretty awesome never the less.
    Oh and I wanna hurt Geechisu in the worst way possible for torturing that poor boy when he was small. >__>

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    He seems a bit overrated to me.....so many fangirls seemed to throw themselves at his feet the second he was first revealed.

Can't tell for sure until I play the game though, I might end up liking him.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    He seems a bit overrated to me.....so many fangirls seemed to throw themselves at his feet the second he was first revealed.

Can't tell for sure until I play the game though, I might end up liking him.

NO ONE ASKED YOU, SIR.
    XD
    Nah, just kidding, I was impartial to him at first as well, found him very weeeeird.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I like N based off of general attitude and design (fluffy long green hair = automatic win), and I know vaguely what's up with him just from lurking around on the Internet, but I'm not fangirling over him or anything. At the very least he's going to become another one of the poor, poor villains who end up getting shoved in the important role of a Giratina fanfic.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I <3 N!! I adore N!! He is the Best ever designed male character for Pokemon in my opinion. I'm probably one of the biggest fan of him and Ferris Wheel Shipping!!

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Just adding in and will mention in the first post:

How do you feel about N x Touko (B/W girl)?

Do you think it's likely, unlikely or not care at all?

Just gotta say, that shipping is heavily supported in the games. ^^ I love it!!!

I love N sooooo much! He's the anime love of my life. ^^

I love his design (he's so hot!), I love his love and compassion for Pokemon, how he's able to communicate with Pokemon. HIs story is so tragic though ='( I hate Geechisu...

Years
    I love N, he's probably my favorite character in any Pokemon game to date, but I'm really not digging the heteronormativity in this thread. What's wrong with N/Touya? The script doesn't change depending on your gender; if there's subtext for him and Touko, then there's subtext for him and Touya. C'mon people.

Still, I really like his storyline even though I don't fully understand it. He talks to Pokemon? He was raised to be Team Plasma's king but is actually a tool of Geechis? His team changes every time you fight him due to his communing with the Pokemon in the area? He's a genuinely good person who just so happens to be a villain? Awesome. Can't wait for the game to come out in the US!

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    It's just shippers that think there's some sort of thing going on between the two, don't worry about it.

And I like N's design a lot, and I think it's pretty cool that he can talk to Pokemon. I don't know much else about him, since I don't want to spoil myself.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    N is pretty cool in my opinion. Not only is he a strong, calculating trainer, he actually CATCHES a legendary, something not even Mr. Crazy Psychopath Cyrus was capable of doing. He even beat the freaking Elite Four with it! He'd be an awesome Pokemon Trainer if Geechisu hadn't messed with him as a child. Makes me hate Geechisu even more:(

Oh, and N+Touya? No.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I just want to give him a hug, his storyline is pretty darn good. Plus he has his own castle which is a major plus for me :D

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    OMGITSNEVERYBODYCOMEANDWORSHIPNAO
    Ahem. (: I'm really curious to actually see the plot play out. I'm really liking N so far...it kinda makes me feel like a villian, capturing Pokemon when he's trying to protect them and all. ):

And all the fan-art I see for the ship is cute, but I dunno...I usually don't support any sort of shipping involving the player characters because they're too young in my mind and...they kinda lack a personality? I mean, they're the player. They're given an ambiguous personality. So I don't really believe in shipping the player characters with anyone. But, yeah, the art is really cute. (:

Back