• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #6] On the Big Screen!

Which is your favorite?

• Pokémon the First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Pokémon the Movie 2000 - The Power of One

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Pokémon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unown

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Pokémon 4Ever - Celebi: Voice of the Forest

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Pokémon Heroes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Jirachi: Wish Maker

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Destiny Deoxys

• Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

• The Rise of Darkrai

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Giratina and the Sky Warrior

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Zoroark: Master of Illusions

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • I think you know where I'm going with this.

MUVEES-1.png

This week's poll is about Ash and his friends' adventures on the big screen! The movies are arguably the Pokemon anime at it's best. So far we've seen a whopping 13 Pokemon movies, with a 14th one currently in production. 12 of said movies have premiered in English, with the 13th set to appear on Cartoon Network in February. So, which one's your favorite? With so many magnificent choices, I know it must be hard for you to choose. This week you get multiple votes! Whoopee!

If you have any suggestions for poll ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Multiple votes? I'm loving this already but I only picked my top 4. Pokemon movie 2000 was one of my top favorite movies that my family and I use to watch every movie night back when I was little and I still love that movie. Heroes was also a really good movie that my mother and I enjoyed. The movie felt very emotional at the end and I still cry every time when I watch it. It was such a great movie. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my number 1 favorite. I have watched it recently but I think the main reason why my family and I love it so much because of the fact it was a bit educational when it talked about the tree and I love how they went to the past during the first part of the movie. Next is the Rise of Darkrai. The only movie I liked in DP. It was pretty good and had enjoyed it.

Years
  • I don't know what I would have done if there weren't multiple choices.
    I like so many of them that it is rather hard for me to decide my favourite one. I really liked the first movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back. The scene where Ash turned into stone was just so emotional. ;_; Celebi: Voice of the Forest was another movie I just loved! The concept of the movie was great with the story being as good as ever.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew... That movie had the best storyline according to me. All the stuff about Lucario first disgusting Sir Aaron and then learning about the truth was just, plain amazing. The story touched me to a great extent. Another movie which I liked for the story was The Rise of Darkrai. I liked how the movie portrayed a Pokemon which the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games had deemed evil. The story had some nice twists which made the movie pretty thrilling.

I think I would have typed more but my fingers have declared war on me. :<

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Pokemon 2000. despite the horrible title, i liked how ash stepped up and plus lugia was epic. The rise of darkrai is a close second because it has some real emotion in it

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Heroes was amazing for me. I don't know why I love it, I just do.
    Close second is Lucario & The Mystery Of Mew.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I basically liked all of them except for movies 3-5 XD Pretty closely , though.

Oh dear, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is on top. XP

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • gmmm
    I loved
    1 - The brother my brother scene, ok i loved most to all of it
    2 - Just epic, really shows who ash is
    4 - who wouldnt? young oak. the every scene with celebi
    6 - Where they interduced the best music ever. and the ending is just wonderful
    7 - i sorta liked this one
    8 - ashhaving those powers wow!, and just plain epic movie
    9-12 : Not my favorites...
    13 - havent seen

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hard choice? Yeah, right! Pokemon Heroes was my absolute favorite!
    Here's my opinions on movies one through twelve:

1 - I liked this movie, especially the song Brother my Brother. The scene where Ash died (not turned to stone! Where are you people getting that idea from?!) was one of the best, or at least emotional. I loved Mew! So cute :3

2 - This is one I haven't seen very much, but I have recently. It was an okay movie, Lugia had a weird voice and I saw a Dragonair flying with its wings that looked like ears. I had no idea it could fly until that movie. I loved Slowpoke, especially his "I need pants" line.

3 - This was a very cute movie, though embarassing to watch. Especially when someone walks in on one of the scenes where Entei's like "I. AM. PAPA!" I loved how in the credits Molly got a real Teddiursa (WOOT! Teddiursa!), and a mother.

4 - Celebi was amazing, and I loved how Ash met Prof. Oak when Oak was a child. Also Oak knew all about it but never mentioned that. I don't really like how Tyranitar was all cute until he was turned evil by a Dark Ball. I think it's the reason why we think of Tyranitar as this huge, psychotic creature. He was so cute and innocent before that.

5 - I. Loved. This. Movie. Latios and Latias were just epic, along with everything else. I'm sad about what happens to Latios but it's extremely cute how Latias has a crush on Ash! Plus, I think Lyra is based off of Latias's human form (who was also that artist girl, right?), as they look a lot alike (from what I remember).

6 - Uh, Jirachi Wishmaker, right? Sadly this is the only [english] movie I have not seen...

7 - I love how advanced this city was in here, and I loved how Munchlax was always eating something (nothing new, right?) The Deoxys were cool, and seemed a little psychotic as they kidnapped everyone (which makes me like them more) and Rayquaza was just cool.

8 - This is my second favorite movie. It had a really nice storyline, many IV gen pokemon were revealed and other things just made me love it. It was extremely sad when Lucario died. Ash needs to use his aura power more, he's only used it in the Riolu episode since this movie.

9 - This was so cute, and many more IV gen pokemon were revealed. Manaphy was extremely cute, especially how it thought May was its mother.

10 - This was also a good movie. All of these things with how Darkrai is actually a good pokemon, but everyone thinks he's evil just because he's...Darkrai. The battle between Dialga and Palkia was cool and I liked how they stopped it.

11 - Not the best movie, but okay. Shaymin was a royal b!%@& but cute at the same time. Though the personality change with the form change was a little annoying. Giratina was cool and I liked how they connected the story with the previous movie.

12 - This was cool with all of the time travel and such. Arceus had a weird voice but it was an interesting story.

I got a little lazy towards the end but, oh well. Can't type a lot forever.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It has been years since I have seen any of the movies but I went with Mewtwo Strikes Back(pssh Star Wars wanna be) and Power of the One.

1. It features one of the most beastly pokemon of all time Mewtwo and it's predecessor Mew which it is derived from. The movie seemed to have whole hatred for humans and I am superior feel about it. Which is of course spurred on by TR.

2. Just the battle between the Three Kanto birds and Lugia alone made it epic. A talking Slowking OMG!!!!

3. Girl was a whiny brat and thought Ash's mom was hers. Boo hoo.

4. Celebi and Suicune featured was alright. Professor Oak as Sammy too cool!

5. AshXLatias anyone?

6. I can't say I remember watching this one tbh.

7. Deoxys vs. Rayquaza at the beginning was interesting to say the least.

8-9 - I don't really remember much about these two. I kind of remember Jack and Kyogre then some pirate guy. Other then that I am dumbfounded.

10-13 - Have yet to watch any of them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Lucario and the Mystery of Mew because it was touching in the end. The same goes for Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea and Destiny Deoxys.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Mewtwo Strikes Back, The Power of One, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, get my votes.

If I had to pick just one, it would be the first movie.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen it, especially due to how often I watched it when it first released in the states. Heck, even before that my friend Yulie brought over the Japanese VHS tape, and we used to watch it. Subs or no subs, I thought it was awesome. xD;

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The third movie is the best for me. It had a lot of action and battles that I really loved in a PKMN Movie.

The second movie I voted was the 11th movie, 'cause SHaymin and Giratina were there, two of my favorite PKMN xD

So yah, I only voted two movies only... :P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Mewtwo Strikes Back:
    Who doesn't love this movie? It is the first after all wasn't it? The storyline was pretty awsome, the whole Clone thing was very interesting. I wish they could have kept the Ambertwo scene it was really, really cute. Mew, Mew, Mew, Mew~~~~ Probably what made me like Mew so much, it was epic and cute in this movie, loved the bit where it's playing on the windmill thingee.

The Power Of One:
    Another one of my favourites, Lugia was awsome, the three birds were awsome. Also, I must say that the Shamouti Prophecy at the start of the movie was an awsome way to start the film. Also, "Lugia's song" is a pure masterpeice.

Spell Of The Unown:
    One of my all time favourite, and I must say - in my opinion the best storyline so far. The whole relationship between her and her father was amazing. Entei was pretty awsome too, it was really sad when he saved them all from the unown, I nearly cried. The scene when Entei took Delia was kinda funny too, poor ash, he tried to run after them. I also really loved the battles between Teenage Molly and Brock and Pre-teen Molly and Misty. Teenage molly seemed pretty fit ;DThe credits were pretty cool too, Molly getting a teddiursa and seeing her mother again was really awsome.

Celebi: Voice Of The Forest:
    Not the greatest of all the movies, but still quite a great movie. Storyline was a bit Meh, I did like celebi in the movie though, really cute. Suicune was pretty epic too if you ask me, I liked how it could purify lakes. Also that masked maruder or what ever his name is was pretty cool, not a fail like other team rocket members. The Dark ball looked awsome too. We also got to see Oak's

Heroes - Latias and Latios:
    Another one of my favourites. The opening to the movie was interesting with anne and oakley stealing the book, leaving behind that card xD And the full theme of master quest with Ash racing against the guy with the wailmer and Misty, poor Ash was taken off track by Latias. I also felt like there was quite an amazing bond between the lati's. Anne and Oakley were pretty cool for villains too. The kiss at the end when Latias kisses Ash was really cool too, probably Ash's first kiss.

Jirachi - Wish Maker:
    Honestly, one of the most boring movies ever... The whole Max x Jirachi was a little cute but I don't think there was that much of a bond.The groudon looked pretty epic though, but thats it.

Destiny Deoxys:
    This movie wasn't that bad. The storyline was a bit of a "Meh..." I liked the whole advanced city, including the battle tower. I didn't really understand the connection between Rayquaza and Deoxys, I just seemed that rayquaza was stuck in at the last minute as some sort of advertisment for emerald. It was cool to see a Gen 4 pokémon too, munchlax was pretty funny trying to get the bottle into the bin. Although Pulse and minum were pretty cute, I thought they were kinda just a rip-off of the Pichu brothers.

Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew:
    Another one of my favourites, im pretty sure everyone loves this movie. The storyline involving Lucario and Sir Aaron was done amazingly, I nearly cried at the end when Lucario died. Mew was soooo cute in the movie (<3) it was sooooo cute and I loved how they took good use of mew's move transform so it could transform into any pokémon, the scene where all the pokémon were playing in the attic looked so fun.

Pokémon Ranger And The Temple Of The Sea:
    Also a big favourite of mine. The manaphy plot was handled pretty well, I loved the bond that developed between Manaphy and May, it thought she was it's mummy. :3 Captain Phantom was pretty funny, including at the end when we found out he was really just wearing a mecha suit all along. The opening was pretty amazing, the whole water pokémon show thingee looks soooo funnnn!!!!

Im not sure If I should comment on the last four, I've watched them all but I don't think enough, I saw the raw version of movie 13 but I think i'll wait for the dubbed version.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I thought this would be harder for me considering I liked a majority of them, but Pokémon Heroes comes out on top for me. It's the only movie that almost had me to tears near the end when I first saw it and had a good plot to go with it.

Pokémon 4Ever would probably come out to be a close second though.

Years
  • My favorite has to be Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. I didn't even mind that it was so long, I enjoyed every minute of it. The music was beautiful, and I'm glad that we got to hear the tunes plenty of times again in DP. Battle Frontier is my favorite saga, it really helped me get hyped for Diamond and Pearl. This movie did that as well.

And let's not forget Super Saiyan Ash.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Destiny Deoxys and Pokemon Heroes are fighting against one another for the number one spot.
    2nd place- Pokemon 2000
    3rd place- Pokemon 4ever

But I have to say, the best part of a Pokemon Movie was the Pokemon remixed Openings. I dont think they do that anymore, I could be wrong, I havent kept up with the movies lately.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    1: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    2: Pokemon Heroes
    3: The Rise of Darkrai
    4: Jirachi Wish Maker

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I voted for three of them (I've yet to actually see Jirachi: Wish Maker, but I've seen the others):

Number 1 by far:
    Pokémon Heroes
    Well, firstly, I love Latios and Latias. Even though I currently don't play the games as I've lost my enjoyment of them, I love Lati@s and was really happy at how they showed it in the latest episode of Sinnoh League Victors. It also had Aerodactyl in, which was another reason to like it. The plot wasn't bad, the introduction bit with the water race has got to be one of my favourites, and Latios' sacrifice was probably one of the saddest moments I've seen in the anime. So, overall, this is my favourite. I highly doubt any one movie will ever change that.

Joint No.2:
    Destiny Deoxys
    This is the only other one I've watched twice (the first movie doesn't count, as I'd only seen it in bits until I watched it online, so that's one watch). I liked Rayquaza's epic battle(s) with Deoxys, and how just as the researchers thought it'd been taken out, it came back and almost murdered Deoxys. The bit with the Walrein and Sealeo scaring that blue-haired boy was kinda scary too, so it was believable that that'd put him off pokémon. Munchlax was probably my favourite character though. Minun and Plusle were cute, but Munchlax was absolutely adorable. When he evolved, I was so happy - I couldn't have it that I didn't know whether or not he'd survived. Ash's n00bish defeat, whilst emphasising a plot point, was a low point. I mean, seriously, he's absolutely god-like at battling when he wants to be, and his pokémon are tough, so surely he could've turned that around and given them a good fight? Although I guess he's meant to be too kind, worried about the blue-haired-kid-whose-name-escapes-me. The way they brought back in the second Deoxys was good too.

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    This one was just a nice movie. The bad-guys weren't too bad, we got to see a good Pokémon Ranger, and possibly one of the cutest legendaries, if not one of the cutest pokémon altogether, getting a lot of screen time. For once, whilst Ash fought the bad-guy along with Ranger (Jack, was it? I'll call him that), another character, May, had a much more central role - Manaphy for some reason thought she'd laid the egg she hatched from. Kinda weird, but sweet too. The whole bit with them zooming through the water with some magical powers was a bit odd, but it was quite pretty. And a quick cameo from Kyogre at least partially balanced out that Groudon was a more major plot-point (as far as I know) of one of the previous movies.

Let it be known that I don't dislike any of the pokémon movies, except for the third one, which I didn't watch all the way through as it didn't make sense, these are just my favourites.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Pokemon Movie 2: I loved how Ash saved the World, the music and action, every thing about this one was epic.

Pokemon movie 11: Good animation, loved Pearlshipping hints and the bond between Ash and the Pokemon was pretty funny.

Pokemon movie 8: Another movie with a good storyline adding aura to Ash was awesome too.

Over all, these are my top favorites.

Back