PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Who's your favorite gym leader?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
So who's your favorite gym leader in Unova/Isshu and why?

King Gumball
February 5th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Poll please :3 :3 :3

Erm... this is hard because they are all pretty cool. I like all of the women this time around, and some of the guys.

My favourite is probably Fuuro http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2b/VSFuuro.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:VSFuuro.png), but it changes XD Chili, Aloe, Iris and Kamitsure are some of the others I like heaps.

As for the badges I love http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/c0/Legend_Badge.png/50px-Legend_Badge.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Legend_Badge.png) the legend badge the most <3 The name is really cool as is the design.

PlatinumDude
February 5th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Kamitsure is one of my favorite Gym leaders because she's sexy. I also like Cilan and Iris because they're traveling with Ash in the anime.

Kamitsure-chan
February 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
So far, I'm only going by looks, since I haven't played the game yet (obviously), and my answer for this has to be currently Kamitsure~~~. She's hot. >.>

February 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah she's pretty great alright :)
I like Iris a lot too due to her appearance in the anime :)

Draga
February 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Gotta be Shaga, for he is manly! http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/livethisdanceforever/Pokemon%20Sprite%20meme/BW_Shaga_Sprite.png

GlitchCity
February 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Furou. The incarnation of Winona. Flying types are for the win, and I love gym leaders who uses flying types.

Manila Luzon
February 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
This should be badge discussion as well n.n

Anyway my favorite gym leader has to be her; http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b3/VSIris.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f8/Spr_BW_Iris.png

And of course her badge; http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/Legend_Badge.png

I think it's just the fact that I like Dragons, and that she's in the anime >>

Lexxy
February 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Fuuro of course C:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c8/Spr_BW_Fuuro.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2b/VSFuuro.png
And her badge:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/9c/Jet_Badge.png/50px-Jet_Badge.png
^
also my favorite badge

February 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Can you guys not mention badges now, there will be a separate thread made for that discussion soon ;)
Anyways I like the Lenora and Skyla too...actually I like all the female gym leaders they just seem more cool than the guys this gen :)

GaXeL
February 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Fuuro cause she's hot, nuff said
Btw, is her badge a feather? I can't tell

Pokemaster483
February 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm going with Fuuro as well, but Aloe comes in second because she has sweet hair.

February 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I would imagine Dent being the most popular but apparently Iris is...

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
February 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Elesa, Skyla and Brycen are my favourites.

I can't decide whether or not I like the first three lol.

King Gumball
February 7th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Yay a poll ^.^ Thanks Forever/Kaori.

/votes for Skyla <3

The Red Chain
February 7th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Cilan/Dento, Skyla/Fuuro, and Iris. <33

I have adored Dento since the moment I saw him. His personality, especially in the anime, was the icing on the cake. I love that showy stylishness, yet that understanding level-headed gentleness he has. It makes for one interesting and almost admirable personality.

Fuuro I love just for looks and cheery attitude right now. Her looks are simply adorable, and I can't wait to see her in the anime!

Iris... I was so mixed on thoughts when I first saw her. What really put me off I think was her hair, but that bother went away fast and I really started to like her. :3 Her in-game overworld and battle sprite are sooooo cuteeee. <33 Oh and her personality in the anime makes her one fun heroine, and she really brings them together as a trio. She reminds me a lot of Misty, but a little less spunky.. that's a plus for me. ^^

Kaori
February 7th, 2011, 04:25 AM
My definite favorites would be Cilan, Elesa and Skyla (Jap. Names; Dento, Kamitsure and Fuuro). Not only do they challenge you with three of my favorite Pokémon types--Grass, Flying and Electric, but their designs itself are just amazing. n_n It's hard to choose out of the three for my favorite as a whole, but to judge on the kind of challenge they put on, I wouldn't be able to do so yet.

Esper
February 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/91/VSAloe.png

I liked the way her gym was set up. From what I could gather from the game she seemed like the kind of gym leader the games were supposed to have, ones that gave you puzzles and battles. Other games felt like they just gave you puzzles to solve as a hindrance. I also like the design of her VS sprite which is easily one of the best they made this time around.

Crimson5M
February 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Skyla, Iris and Clay.
I like Skyla because her design is great in other words she's hot, and I like her gym puzzle. Iris because, well, her appearances in the anime, and Clay because he's a super awesome cowboy ground type Gym Leader. How many of THOSE have we had?

dithyrambos
February 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I voted for my top three, which are Iris, Skyla, and Elesa. And of those three, my number one pick is......

http://i.imgur.com/UWNBi.png
IRIS!

I really love her character design, and I was touched by her story in the anime.

Fourth favorite gym leader is "Mama". :D

Abyss★
February 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Cilan, by far. I just love him in the anime. Though Iris is great too, an unusual character.

Bluerang1
February 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Lenora - first mainstream African American person in the game, I like her concept and feel, I like that she's supposedly a hard Leader to face.

Burgh - Hate the new name but love the guy. A artsy New Yorkan, awesome.

Elesa - HOT!!! And great robotic model concept, still love that.

Skyla - I just like her English name though I'm liking her more now. She's cute.

Iris - Who doesn't love Iris? O_o

Sabrewulf238
February 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM
From not having played the game yet, my favourite gym leader is Lenora. Awesome name and she looks like a tough cookie too. :)

I don't really dislike any of them though, I probably have the least opinion on Drayden...could be because I'm getting White.

RYOUKI
February 8th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Never played it, but I definitely like Iris. I mean, she's voiced by Aoi Yuki!

Oh and Elesa and Skyla also comes in close. ;D

PiPVoda
February 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Elesa, Clay, and Skyla ftw. I love their teams, their gym type, and they seem to have the most unique set-ups of all the gym leaders.

February 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I'm beginning to like Skyla more due to her typing specialty her name and the fact that she reminds me of Orihime from Bleach...

PiPVoda
February 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I'm beginning to like Skyla more due to her typing specialty her name and the fact that she reminds me of Orihime from Bleach...
Wonder why I never thought about that! The middle gyms (like 4th,5th, and 6th) are always the coolest in my opinion.

Forever
March 15th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Skyla. I'm not sure why other than the design, because her dialogue isn't that interesting tbh, whereas other gym leaders have much more interesting dialogue. Though I guess my second favourite is Iris, because she looks awesome and she's strong, only thing I don't like about her is her Pokemon lol.

lamby101
March 15th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I liked Iris, she seemed to have a lot of character which is cool.

I also liked her gym set out the most so that probably influenced my decision slightly.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 15th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Kamitsure (Elesa), Fuuro (Skyla), Iris. I like them because of their designs. X3

Kaori
March 15th, 2011, 03:15 AM
My favorite Gym Leader is a tie between Elesa and Skyla. Both designs, strength and role in the games of the two characters are pretty interesting and I've noticed instead of just staying inside their gyms waiting for us to challenge them, they actually come out and take part in the plot. It's either figuring out a problem out of their own (or even being somewhat in the plot with Team Plasma, but in this case that was Clay), and I find that better than having them stay in their gym while you explore the town or city and level up to a decent level to challenge them at. This goes for most of the gyms in Unova and not only those two, however.

Elesa not only comes out of her gym to help Bianca's dad realize it is normal for a trainer to want to figure out what they can be in the future, but she also ends up meeting Alder, the Elite Champion and contacts Clay to open out the bridge to head on towards the next city. Little roles such as this for them aren't that big a deal, but it's still nice rather than to have being zipped through the game.

Overall, those two would be my favorites. Cilan is also pretty cool out of the trio from the first gym but I believe Elesa and Skyla give more of a challenge and plot throughout the city and town I've gone through, which is only to be expected since Cilan (or the other two, depending on the starter you choose) are only the first members of all eight gyms you challenge.

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Elesa, Lenora and Drayden.

I like Lenora because her gym is in a museum/library and I like to read. A lot.

Elesa and Drayden because they're so sexy ;)

Saryka
March 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM
My favourite is Lenora, although I'm not quite sure why. I like her design; I think she looks like she would be such a sassy person. XD; Her dialogue doesn't suggest such (actually her dialogue's kinda boring), but I like to think that she would be.

I also like Elesa, she's got one of the coolest Gym Leader designs in Unova and possibly in all the generations.

Eclaircise
March 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I would have to say Skyla..because she awesome in the anime and her gym is fun in the games and she deals with flying types which are my favorite types

Eurydice
March 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Elesa/kamitsure would be my favorite gym leader she is really cool and hot

Panoz
March 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Skyla just because her name means b**ch in Greek

iRoyBoy
March 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
My personal favorite would have to be Chili. I like his firy go get em aditude, and I love his hair for some odd reason >3>.

My second favorite would have to be Iris just because she a tiny little girl that run the final gym...Who can't love that!

I'd have to say my least favorite is Burhg or Skyla. Burhg's sprite just...bugs me, I dunno why. And Skyla reminds me of a megaman rip off with her clothes. Her gloves especialy. That and I beat her gym with my Galvantula in three hits.

solarowl
March 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
My personal favorite would have to be Chili. I like his firy go get em aditude, and I love his hair for some odd reason >3>.

My second favorite would have to be Iris just because she a tiny little girl that run the final gym...Who can't love that!

I'd have to say my least favorite is Burhg or Skyla. Burhg's sprite just...bugs me, I dunno why. And Skyla reminds me of a megaman rip off with her clothes. Her gloves especialy. That and I beat her gym with my Galvantula in three hits.

I love Chili's hair for some reason too. XD
My favorite would be Elesa. Her design was awesome, and I love her Emolga and Zebstrika. Her gym was so cool, with the mini-coasters and everything.
Close second would be Skyla, I've liked her since the start before I even played Black or White. I like the cannons in her gym, though I got lost once. XD

Drew
March 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Kamitsure. :D

If only for her character design, together with the fact that I love electric types.

(Pardon the usage of her Japanese name.. I dunno her English name. Is it Elesa? o_O -going off the poll-)

Ivlis
March 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Elesa, Skyla, and the waiter trio are way up there on my list for obvious fanservicey reasons. : / Skyla and the waiter trio, providing fanservice with a ~smile~.

ALSO Clay for being a total badass during the plot.

Pwnyta Jockey
March 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I like Clay as my fave due his ownership of land as well as his influence towards the Unova region as a whole. Just looking at his operation going on in his gym implies wealth. Clay apparently owns Twist Mountain which I hated navigating but is cool in itself.

Also able to Sandstorm boost his Pokemon. Shame he has the ugly frog.

Honest
March 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Iris! She's just so... hyper. Or seems like it, anyway. I haven't seen the anime at all, so I wouldn't know for sure. But she's cute. And Iris itself is a cool name. =D

Yusshin
March 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I have Black, so no Iris for me (Drayden ugh), but she's my favourite just because of her attitude. You see her many times in the game outside the gym, and she's always so adamant and cheerful. Naive, too.

Second would be Elesa. I didn't like Skyla too much.

Sarcastic Prince
March 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Iris, 'cause she's very energetic and her dialogues are interesting.
Her design is awesome too.

pokegirlsam
March 16th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Its gotta be Elesa aka Kamitsure :3 <3
I love the way her gym is and how she act's and poses and the fact that she's a Model!

Second is Skyla love her name and design! ♥

インフェルノの津波
March 16th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I think Elesa, Skyla and um...Iris.

Iris is the sole reason I chose White kehehehe..

But just because they're pretty well thought out, unlike...the males. Just, ugh.

Hikamaru
March 19th, 2011, 02:16 AM
My fave Gym Leaders are Cilan, Chili & Cress (they're triplets). Also Elesa (she resembles Lady Gaga) and Iris (she's a traveling companion of Ash in the anime).

JP
March 19th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Also Elesa (she resembles Lady Gaga)

Oh jeez, you almost ruined my image of Elesa with that comparison.

My favorite is by far Elesa. She's got an awesome design, with those headphones and cables! She's an electric-type trainer, which is an A+ in my book.

Following her, Burgh and Skyla are pretty awesome as well.

Danzo
March 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Clay.

I do not know why

April 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
So after playing White I found myself liking Clay and the Ice gym leaders the most (and I didn't really pay attention to them before hand) you actually get to know these two better I feel than the rest of the gym leader (well Lenora is the same as we saw her a lot in this game)

SaiScott
April 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'd say the dragon one because it's puzzle was the hardest xD

shengar
April 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Burgh, for he is a quite eccentric man. Not to mention that his outfit is also good.
and Drayden for his supreme badass-epic-beard.

Weavile05
April 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Clay...
...Is my least favorite. He pushes me and Cheren around and can be downright offensive.
Brycen on the other hand, I liked. But he has an... interesting.... outfit for an ice type gym leader.

April 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Clay...
...Is my least favorite. He pushes me and Cheren around and can be downright offensive.
Brycen on the other hand, I liked. But he has an... interesting.... outfit for an ice type gym leader.
Brycen's clothes reminded me of Candice's as they both don't look like they are good against the cold...actually most of the ice E4 and Gym leaders don't look like they are dressed to fight in the cold (except for Percy)

Zerkrom The Hedgehog
April 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I agree + she is u know the first well girl in a while who has an attitude in the anime
(looking back at all the girls thae all had an attitude) I <3 Iris :D Axew is mi favoriate any way!

blakeg
April 7th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Cilan Cress and Chili because the concept of their battle is somewhat original and their gym has an atcual puzzle (kinda) unlike the first gyms of the other games.

Aloe for having an interesting puzzle and being sort of difficuly without being a hindrance.

Artsy's gym was pretty strange but looked cool.

Generally I dont like the later gyms in pokemon games because by then im levels ahead and have no real difficulty.

SonGohan
April 7th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Elesa all the way because she uses my favorite type of Pokemon(electric) and also one I might be adding to my team(Emolga). Not to mention the fact that she is a model and I luvs me some models.

Fire Walker
April 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Clay. Epic type, epic name, epic gym, epic everything. He's also not too bad on the eyes... just kidding. He's gross. But I do love ground type.

miakalina
April 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
My favorite Gym Leader would be Iris. I love Dragon type Pokemon and Iris is adorable. :pink_nod:

xeenx77
April 8th, 2011, 12:42 AM
The 6th gym leader is pretty cool.