• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Hoenn!! (OOC Thread)

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
Adventures in Hoenn!! OOC Thread

Have a question? Concerns? Suggestions or Ideas? This is the place for all of those things.
You can also figure out the current location and chapter the RP is in as well as all the trainers' bio's/info.​

Want a trainer card for you bio? Then Click Here (Sadly it isn't working right now though)

Current Chapter:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Chapter 1: Littleroot

[S-HIGHLIGHT]
Chapter 2: Route 101
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Trainer Bio's:

Zelphiam Azreth (HunterZero)
Spoiler:

Mark Villagas (First Snow)
Spoiler:

Kara Thornse (Oranje)
Spoiler:

Kyle Harriet (Fumiaka)
Spoiler:

Eishiba Lancorde (eishiba)
Spoiler:

Issac Deladius (jasonwolf)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Ummm, I have invested a goood amount of time on a post that I have been saving.... may I know when the next chapters gonna start? Or even better, is it okay if Kyle encountered a Zigzagoon? He wont try to catch it or anything, I just wanted to know so I dont get chewed out.

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
The next chapter will be up tomorrow and Zigzagoon will be in it. You'll even have a chance to catch it if you want.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Ok, so I haven't ever done an RP in a forum before so like I thought there was 6 people and only four have posted. Is there a time limit for posting your own? What happens if they don't post?

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
There isn't a time limit. The first chapter has been up for awhile and the majority has posted, so I figured I would keep you guys moving. The others can catch up. Depending on the chapter I may wait longer or shorter. But don't worry about posting in a "time-limit"...because there never is one.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
There isn't a time limit. The first chapter has been up for awhile and the majority has posted, so I figured I would keep you guys moving. The others can catch up. Depending on the chapter I may wait longer or shorter. But don't worry about posting in a "time-limit"...because there never is one.

This is in regard to your chapter 2. I suppose I post the questions here. When you say we catch a pokemon depending on how worthy the post is, do you mean how detailed and well written?

Second question, you said we couldn't find an item, battle a trainer, and catch a pokemon at the same time. Should we stick with just one of those actions per post or can a post contain a random trainer battle and a wild pokemon encounter, or 2 of the 3 stated?

Third, I don't think battles were explained. So how do they work? Random trainers? Even battles with another member?

Sorry for so many questions. Just wanted to better understand your specific rules.

Abyss★

=w=
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2011
I'm sorry for bothering, but it seems like I took on more than I could handle. I'm sorry and I'm withdrawing from this RP.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name: Issac Deladius
Looks: overall physical description: Despite his young age Issac has some traits of people much older than himself. first of all his hair has turned a mysterious silvery gray, second he has slight wrinkles coming away from the sides of his eyes, and lastly he determined scowl which makes him look at least ten years older. it is also easy to see the youth in him. his eyes glow like light shining through a rain cloud, and the smirk he shows off to tell how he is feeling holds him to his childhood.

he wears a pair of black jeans with lots of loops and pockets and a dull green colored T-shirt. over this he wears his gray and black hooded jacket. he wears a pair of black hiking boots accented with little bits of dull green. around his waist is a brown leather belt with quite the collection of pouches. a leather necklace hangs down in front of his shirt. at the end of the leather string is a pewter figure that Issac can not identify. he also carries a black and dull green satchel which holds his other items.

Personality: Issac seems like a smart, strong, and focused trainer on the outside, but once you get to know him he a really different guy. Issac is really deeply troubled by alot of the things going on in the world around him. some how he has put the burden of the world on his shoulders. he'll go into something like a fit where he begins getting overly serious and loses his sense of humor. he also gets very confused and sometimes he begins raging about some of the tiniest matters. when he gets into one of these fits everyone should stand clear, but few relize that he can only take car of it himself.

when it comes to battling Issac has learned how to do it with his father and always follows his fathers stratagey. to stratagize based on every feature. Issac takes in every detail he can think of then uses them to his advantage. he also can become overconfident with his plans and then 'crash' when they fail.

History: Issac was actually born in the kanto region, but his family had to move when his mom began working at the mossdeep space center. his dad a proffesional trainer stayed home with Issac in littleroot. as a kid Issac took interest in both of his parents work, but leaned more towards his father's. he received his Trapinch from his father during a vacation to Hoenn desert. Issac seemed to be an average child. he had a few friends and he was a good kid.

Trainer or Coordinator?: Trainer

Starter Choice: Trapinch (i got permission)
nickname: Ace

Last edited:

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
This is in regard to your chapter 2. I suppose I post the questions here. When you say we catch a pokemon depending on how worthy the post is, do you mean how detailed and well written?

Second question, you said we couldn't find an item, battle a trainer, and catch a pokemon at the same time. Should we stick with just one of those actions per post or can a post contain a random trainer battle and a wild pokemon encounter, or 2 of the 3 stated?

Third, I don't think battles were explained. So how do they work? Random trainers? Even battles with another member?

Sorry for so many questions. Just wanted to better understand your specific rules.

I apologize for not explaining pokemon battles. You will just battle a random made up character plus the pokemon they have, the story of the battle, etc.

When I say worthy, your guess is correct. The detail makes all the difference. You can't just meet a pokemon in the wild and just throw a pokeball. There has to be some sort of conflict; the rarer the pokemon the bigger the conflict.

I would like for you to stick to a single subject per chapter be it a pokemon battle or wild pokemon encounter... I will let you find an item in addition on the ground or a trainer gives one to you for example if the item is small like a potion. If it is something bigger like a Moon Stone or Razor Fang, then I would like for the finding of that item to be the "subject" of the chapter therefore have the entire chapter towards the trainer finding the item.
This is really to help prevent too much going on at the same time in a short amount of time.

I really hope this makes more sense. I apologize to all members for not explaining myself very cleary.

jasonwolf:The sign-up is pretty decent besides the first word in each sentence not being capitalized. I'll add your profile tomorrow, but you can go ahead and start. Accepted.

Abyss: I'm really sorry to hear. I'll take you off the list.

This is just a reminder that Chapter is up on the main thread if you haven't seen it yet. I'll be updating everything tomorrow if anybody has the chance to post in the next day.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I apologize for not explaining pokemon battles. You will just battle a random made up character plus the pokemon they have, the story of the battle, etc.

When I say worthy, your guess is correct. The detail makes all the difference. You can't just meet a pokemon in the wild and just throw a pokeball. There has to be some sort of conflict; the rarer the pokemon the bigger the conflict.

I would like for you to stick to a single subject per chapter be it a pokemon battle or wild pokemon encounter... I will let you find an item in addition on the ground or a trainer gives one to you for example if the item is small like a potion. If it is something bigger like a Moon Stone or Razor Fang, then I would like for the finding of that item to be the "subject" of the chapter therefore have the entire chapter towards the trainer finding the item.
This is really to help prevent too much going on at the same time in a short amount of time.

I really hope this makes more sense. I apologize to all members for not explaining myself very cleary.

jasonwolf:The sign-up is pretty decent besides the first word in each sentence not being capitalized. I'll add your profile tomorrow, but you can go ahead and start. Accepted.

Abyss: I'm really sorry to hear. I'll take you off the list.

This is just a reminder that Chapter is up on the main thread if you haven't seen it yet. I'll be updating everything tomorrow if anybody has the chance to post in the next day.

So I just make up a battle? Sounds interesting. This gives me an idea.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
actually i was planning on changing the name and the description (look). also should i just give a made up reason for why my char didn't do anything the first day?

one last important thing i won't be able to go on friday afternoon, saturday, or sunday

Last edited:

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
So I just make up a battle? Sounds interesting. This gives me an idea.

Yep, the freedom is all yours :)

actually i was planning on changing the name and the description (look). also should i just give a made up reason for why my char didn't do anything the first day?

one last important thing i won't be able to go on friday afternoon, saturday, or sunday

Fixing your profile is no trouble. Just start on Chapter 2. Why didn't you see Professor Birch with the other trainers? .....well I'll just leave that up to you :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Did everyone else quit? lol. I haven't posted cause I was hoping atleast one other person would post first so I could post and be able to talk about everyone else in it.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
Years
I hope this thread hasn't died, if it hasnt here is my SU form:

Name:
Corey (No last name)

Looks: Short for his age, 5ft 3in, slender build and longer than average arms. He has medium length brown hair that is rather thick and has a tuft of hair that sticks up on the right side of his fringe. Also, he usually spikes his hair up at the back, but sometimes forgets.
His eyes are a shade of dark blue, like the ocean, and has an average sized mouth and nose, but his lips are quite big.

Personality: Corey is a very outgoing person and cannot stand being indoors, even if it is too cold, too wet or too hot you will most likely see him out playing soccer with his friends or out for a jog. He loves meeting new people however he does get shy around older people or people around the same age as him, and this can lead to him being seperated from his social group.

He has self confidence but isn't always the one to be loud and boast about his achievements. His best achievement so far has to be a triathlon 2nd place at Slateport when he was 10. The person who beaten him was his older brother Simon, and he has never let Corey hear the end of it.

He has quick reactions and so can solve puzzles really quickly and can think on his feat really well. You could say, however, that this was a flaw because his older brother has always barged right into things without thinking and has always come out on top, always besting Corey. This doesn't help Corey's self confidence much as whenever Simons around Corey usually stays quiet and ignores whatever is said about him.

However when with people who he is comfortable with he can be a really good friend and can actually be rather humourous. His friendship group, for that matter, is rather big, but it is only his closest friends when he behaves like this. He is also a very caring person and because of this he is very popular with the girls. He has had a few girlfriends but nothing serious but all the girls like him, not in a love way, but in a friend way, this is because they liked being sympathised for and they think he is cute. This never gets to him though, because he is still rather quiet and thinks that they only say that to ake him fell better.

History: Corey was born in Petleburg City but has lived all his life in Littleroot Town. when he was just 4 he befriended an injured Wurmple and brought it home in secret because his Mum an Dad didn't like Bug pokemon. It was in his room where he nursed it back to health and the two of them bonded really well, they were inseperable. That was untill his older brother grassed him up to his Mum and Dad, they then kicked the Wurmple out and told Corey that he was not to leave the house unless he was acompanied by his older brother, Simon. This ban only lated untill he was 6 when he started attending the trainer school in Rustboro City.

In his first year there he made loads of friends, these were to be his closest friends for the rest of his life. He passes all of his end of year tests with flying colours, and was even asked to come in during Summer break to help teach the Summer school students, his parents agreed for him, but he didn't want to do it because he was too shy. By Lunchtime on the first day he wanted no more of it, so he ran out and hid behind the building, where he stayed untill his parents came to pick him up at the end of the day. He never went back to Summer School.

He became a fully qualified trainer when he was 10, and like all his friends, were about to recieve their starter Pokemon. Well at least he was going to untill his older brother bullied him out of it, his teachers were devastated, they saw so much potential in him, deep down Corey knew that his brother bullied him because he didnt want Corey to be better than him.

But now that he's 15 and that his brother has left home and has nothing more to do with the family, Corey is now free. He has asked the Prof. in town if he is aloud to obtain a starter Pokemon. He is yet to hear a reply.

Trainer or Coordinator: Trainer.

Starter:Minun (if im allowed)

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I hope this thread hasn't died, if it hasnt here is my SU form:

Name:
Corey (No last name)

Looks: Short for his age, 5ft 3in, slender build and longer than average arms. He has medium length brown hair that is rather thick and has a tuft of hair that sticks up on the right side of his fringe. Also, he usually spikes his hair up at the back, but sometimes forgets.
His eyes are a shade of dark blue, like the ocean, and has an average sized mouth and nose, but his lips are quite big.

Personality: Corey is a very outgoing person and cannot stand being indoors, even if it is too cold, too wet or too hot you will most likely see him out playing soccer with his friends or out for a jog. He loves meeting new people however he does get shy around older people or people around the same age as him, and this can lead to him being seperated from his social group.

He has self confidence but isn't always the one to be loud and boast about his achievements. His best achievement so far has to be a triathlon 2nd place at Slateport when he was 10. The person who beaten him was his older brother Simon, and he has never let Corey hear the end of it.

He has quick reactions and so can solve puzzles really quickly and can think on his feat really well. You could say, however, that this was a flaw because his older brother has always barged right into things without thinking and has always come out on top, always besting Corey. This doesn't help Corey's self confidence much as whenever Simons around Corey usually stays quiet and ignores whatever is said about him.

However when with people who he is comfortable with he can be a really good friend and can actually be rather humourous. His friendship group, for that matter, is rather big, but it is only his closest friends when he behaves like this. He is also a very caring person and because of this he is very popular with the girls. He has had a few girlfriends but nothing serious but all the girls like him, not in a love way, but in a friend way, this is because they liked being sympathised for and they think he is cute. This never gets to him though, because he is still rather quiet and thinks that they only say that to ake him fell better.

History: Corey was born in Petleburg City but has lived all his life in Littleroot Town. when he was just 4 he befriended an injured Wurmple and brought it home in secret because his Mum an Dad didn't like Bug pokemon. It was in his room where he nursed it back to health and the two of them bonded really well, they were inseperable. That was untill his older brother grassed him up to his Mum and Dad, they then kicked the Wurmple out and told Corey that he was not to leave the house unless he was acompanied by his older brother, Simon. This ban only lated untill he was 6 when he started attending the trainer school in Rustboro City.

In his first year there he made loads of friends, these were to be his closest friends for the rest of his life. He passes all of his end of year tests with flying colours, and was even asked to come in during Summer break to help teach the Summer school students, his parents agreed for him, but he didn't want to do it because he was too shy. By Lunchtime on the first day he wanted no more of it, so he ran out and hid behind the building, where he stayed untill his parents came to pick him up at the end of the day. He never went back to Summer School.

He became a fully qualified trainer when he was 10, and like all his friends, were about to recieve their starter Pokemon. Well at least he was going to untill his older brother bullied him out of it, his teachers were devastated, they saw so much potential in him, deep down Corey knew that his brother bullied him because he didnt want Corey to be better than him.

But now that he's 15 and that his brother has left home and has nothing more to do with the family, Corey is now free. He has asked the Prof. in town if he is aloud to obtain a starter Pokemon. He is yet to hear a reply.

Trainer or Coordinator: Trainer.

Starter:Minun (if im allowed)

The way this RP is going it may not last. No one checks it or gets on it very often. I guess everyone grew board with this already. I'm waiting for the next chapter.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
Years
The way this RP is going it may not last. No one checks it or gets on it very often. I guess everyone grew board with this already. I'm waiting for the next chapter.

Aww thats too bad, I thought this was going to be quite a nice RP. Oh well i'll just have to find another one.

Mute608

Stay Frosty
Years
I hope this hasn't died off :/ I'm going to check up on the members to see if they're inactive or if they just don't check up on the rp. I'll try to save it.

pulpitar you can have Mudkip since that is currently without a trainer I believe. You can start on chapter 1 or just skip over to chapter two.

This is a terrible time for me to be more inactive, but I have a crazy amount of things to do for school this week. I'm sorry guys! :( later this weekend I'll be on to do massive updating.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Aww thats too bad, I thought this was going to be quite a nice RP. Oh well i'll just have to find another one.

If this one dies you can be in mine. Ill start one if this doesn't go for long. I have all sorts of ideas and things to make a fun RP. Just need people who could post just once a week.

I hope this hasn't died off :/ I'm going to check up on the members to see if they're inactive or if they just don't check up on the rp. I'll try to save it.

pulpitar you can have Mudkip since that is currently without a trainer I believe. You can start on chapter 1 or just skip over to chapter two.

This is a terrible time for me to be more inactive, but I have a crazy amount of things to do for school this week. I'm sorry guys! :( later this weekend I'll be on to do massive updating.

Haha, its got me worried cause there was no posts for over a week.

Back