• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you lived in the Pokemon world would you join any of the team organizations?

Years
  • Such as Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma, or even possibly create your own?

I'd make my own team but instead of stealing Pokemon I'd capture strong Pokemon to help others.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd form my own organization, and involve them in mostly research and making money through legal means. So, I guess more like a corporation than an evil team, where I would be CEO. That way I don't attract the attention of preteen traveling trainers because I don't want my organization being shut down by a kid - that would wound my pride and ego, lol

But if I could create an organization without fear of consequences, I wouldn't hesitate to have my group exploit Pokemon for profit :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd join Team Rocket for a bit for the experience and further training of my Pokes but I'd resign and go out on my own eventually.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'd join Team Rocket for a bit for the experience and further training of my Pokes but I'd resign and go out on my own eventually.

If you've read the manga at all, you get the feeling that Team Rocket isn't just something you 'resign' from, due to how evil they are. Lol.

As much as I think it would be cool for a game option, I know that if I lived there I would never want to join a team like that. Breaking any rules makes me nervous enough, let alone breaking laws. I'm too good a person. :(

This is an interesting thread!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

If you've read the manga at all, you get the feeling that Team Rocket isn't just something you 'resign' from, due to how evil they are. Lol.

If they wouldn't let me resign I'd find a way to either get myself fired or flee from their ranks while on the job as I don't like the idea of being with them forever as even being evil gets boring eventually, at least for me anyways.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • The truth is that the only organization that I like is Team Rocket, others are very rare or very stupid imo. XD
    I would enter into Team Rocket and try to be gaining promotion as well as followers and at a certain point, start a revolution which would create my own organization: Black Fang any resemblance to Fire Emblem is mere coincidence : P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'd join Team Aqua... but after the events of RSE. Mainly because I think that after the near-destruction of the region, Aqua and Magma reformed and became people working for the protection of the environment rather than eco-terrorists.

Idk it's a nice thought. I'd do marine biology or something cool.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Team Rocket seems pretty evil, so I think if I'd join, it'd either be team Aqua or Magma. I love water, and Kyogre over Groudon, but I like the designs of team Magma a lot, so it's a hard decision haha. I'm not sure what I would be doing though.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'd really consider Team Aqua. I can so rock that bandana. Besides that, I like water and water Pokemon. Though, they do remind me of pirates.

On the other hand, Team Rocket just gives off that whole power-feel, where they control the most regions out of the anime/game/manga. And getting stronger with them is unquestionable.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Team Plasma I guess,I'm mostly fascinated by N because it's not like every Pokemon game you see the leader with such a kind heart towards Pokemon,yet a madman against Pokemon being trapped in poke balls,I would also start my own helping young trainers to learn how to be at peace with Pokemon in a knight of the round table sort of way

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to join a team organization because without me knowing it, they could have evil motives, like Team Plasma or Rocket.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • I'd consider joining a team, but it'd depend on what my position would be, as well as how much they paid me. I'd probably be working in a department that would be out to catch them in acts of corporate fraud, but if I was offered enough money I'd quite happily work for them instead. I'd want to be somewhere near the top though, and I wouldn't be a hands-on sort of person; leave that work to the grunts and whatnot. I'd be more interested in managing finances or doing research.

The only team I wouldn't join is Plasma, because they're ridiculously naive and hypocritical. I'd quite like to be a part of Galactic though; Cyrus was the boss that interested me the most.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I'd join team plasma, team rocket or team galactic. Team plasma because they have good intentions, Team rocket because.. idk and team galactic because they have they best clothes (the commanders, at least. xD;;)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I wouldn't join or form any Pokemon organisation. I get the impression that the kind of people in the Pokemon world who join organisations do so because they're not really competent enough to make it on their own lol, so even if I were to create my own I couldn't count on anyone who joined it, which would make the whole exercise rather pointless.

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    I'd join Team Aqua... but after the events of RSE. Mainly because I think that after the near-destruction of the region, Aqua and Magma reformed and became people working for the protection of the environment rather than eco-terrorists.
    This, but with Team Magma. Setting up Pokemon Reserves to protect rare pokemon from capture, studying volcanology, fighting forest fires. Seems nice. And -personal preference- I like their outfit better than Aqua's. I'm not really an evil sort of person, so if it was an evil team, I don't think I would be able to join.

Although I wonder how, theoretically, people were supposed to join teams such as Team Rocket? >.> Was there some sort of screening process to find only those who were truly 'bad' enough and to keep out undercover agents from infiltrating its ranks? /overthinkingit

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Although I wonder how, theoretically, people were supposed to join teams such as Team Rocket? >.> Was there some sort of screening process to find only those who were truly 'bad' enough and to keep out undercover agents from infiltrating its ranks? /overthinkingit

Imagine a dark, smoky room lined with Rocket Grunts. The trainees that wished to join Team Rocket are thrust into a dim spotlight, silhouettes the only thing in their line of vision. There are only 3 of them, of course - the ones that were left from the vicious tests beforehand. Everyone else either dropped out, or never made it through. The tests of how much one can endure were still branded on their minds, only strengthening their resolve to join Team Rocket. Everyone in this organization had gone through this much, was this strong.

Suddenly, they jump at the sound of three thumps, and Pokemon sliding across the tiled floor into their vision. Pachirisu. Jigglypuff. Azurill. The recruits could make out the bruises and wounds covering each Pokemon, and the ropes that bound them still, chafing against them as they weakly struggled. A silhouette separated itself from the rest, and stepped into the light. Giovanni. His face held no mercy, no warmth. He held three knives.

"Kill them." He murmured, the knives making a cold steel sound as they slid across the floor. Instantly one of the recruits went white. He dry heaved, looking between the knife and the helpless creature in front of him. He couldn't take the trusting look in Azurill's eyes, the misguided belief that humans are good and that it will be saved. He whimpered. Scrambled backwards. Ran to where he thought he remembered the door. He couldn't do it. He never saw the light of day again.

The other two weren't shocked in the least. They had joined Team Rocket for this purpose, they would do anything for the cause. Their hands gripped their weapons as they carried out what they were ordered to do.

They were welcomed into Team Rocket.

That's how...I would imagine it anyway.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'd probably form a vigilante group that took out people/organizations that were harming the world in some way or another. A chaotic good type of group.

Back