• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

knows not what it means

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    A life of high intellect, understanding of complicated mathematics and scientific theories, spend your time reading ~deep philosophical~ writings and other activities on an equally intellectual level. But you won't get any enjoyment from spending time with anyone else around you, they're far too dumb to understand you; and for this scenario I forbid you to go off and join a geek society YOU MUST BE ALONE.

A life of fun and stupidity, probably can't read, probably don't understand anything that requires a shred of intelligence; but you'll be surrounded by friends, you'll never have a dull moment, even though your idea of fun would probably be nothing more than throwing eggs at McDonalds.

PICK ONE

Years
  • Not the easiest of decisions actually. I would lean towards the first option though because **** humans - they are overrated anyway. Plus I think I would have a greater chance at world conquest by picking the first option.

Years
  • I'd have to go with the first option. I despise most in person social interactions and I don't want to even think about what life would be like without being able to read.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Definitely the first one. Sure I'd shrivel up and go insane from lack of social contact with other people, but I love to read and be smart and be able to say "Shut up I know more than you have the mental capacity too." I love science and philosophy and stuff so it's be amazing to know more about that, maths is eh but I wouldn't mind being able to understand all the complex number equations and things!

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • 2nd Option. As much as the thought ruling the world delights me as Drakow mentioned. I will never experience happiness if I choose the 1st option. Considering I am happiest with my friends. Not to mention it would expand my pathetic ego into a giant manical one where I would think myself better than everyone and kill everyone for leaving me alone. I wouldn't put that above me.

TL;DR Ignorence is bliss and at least I have the chance of being able to get a girl/guy with 2nd Option.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    First option, but with a twist:

and for this scenario I forbid you to go off and join a geek society YOU MUST BE ALONE.
    Screw your rules, I have better things to do with my intellect. I'm going to join the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and proceed to become one of the most published academics since Paul Erdős. If anything, I'd think that the members of the NAS would be among the few smart enough to understand me.

The rest of you can either be mindless hedonists or ivory-tower hermits. I choose to do something useful with my new life.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'd go with the first one.. but I'm not sure. I'm in love with someone right now.. and I value my intellect. But I also value him and wouldn't want to leave him. However one thing he loves about me is my intellect, so if I were to go with #2, I would fear that he wouldn't love me for me anymore.. I'd be a completely different person.
    So it'd be a hard choice.. but if I was actually an intellect, I would be able to appreciate him being around me.. though you'd have to define "alone." Because as it stands now we're all actually truly "alone" when you think about it.
    Either way I would love to inspire people. Life is about reaching higher to me.. and my personal values and goals mean a lot to me. So even if I couldn't reach my boyfriend emotionally.. I hope I would be able to inspire him and still be part of his life. I know he would never lower himself to throwing eggs at a public building.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Erm I'd rather be happy/loved than smart. So the second option. Although I do enjoy being intelligent I would not want to be alone with no friends or anything. I honestly don't understand why ANYONE would pick the first option. Having no friends, no company and being a loner for your entire life? How would you feel accomplished if you don't have anyone to congratulate you or hug you or appreciate you? In real life I would never look up to/talk to someone who purposefully doesn't interact with their own race and has the attitude that everyone is too dumb to be around :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I choose the second option. I value happiness over everything else. That is what matters. People make me happy, being with people, talking with people, living with people. Life isn't meant to be lived alone, or we wouldn't have families.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm already not a bright tool in the shed and I'm all about fun. Let's go with the second option. Maybe I could be happier that way.

Years
  • I'll be the egghead. Of course, because I'm so smart I find a loophole to the rules and can freely engage in geek society and have all the intelligent camaraderie I want. And really, only jerks feel like everyone else around them is too stupid to be worth talking to. I'm not a jerk so I'd have no trouble with my "lesser" friends even if I did follow the rules. Of course, the idea that intelligence is linear like IQ is a little silly in the first place.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Honestly? the second option. I want to be dumb.

...not so much for the 'having friends' part, I'm not so eager about it, but there are a lot of times in my life that I wished I was dumber, and the reason wasn't to socialize. I often meddle with things someone normally wouldn't, you see. So yeah.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I would pick the second. To me, humanity is NOT overrated, and I would be far happier with my friends doing dumb stuff that alone in some ivory tower studying my life away. Besides, I don't think I have the kind of personality that would find the loneliness bearable. The only thing that makes me want to pick the first option is that I could probably contribute a lot the advancement of medicine and science, but I would go nuts before I got anywhere. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Ignorance is bliss. I feel like the second option would end up with you almost like reliving your childhood for the rest of your life, and honestly being a kid was pretty fun. Besides, I like people aaaand I'd rather not lose the ones I have for the sake of knowing things.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The second option sounds a lot more carefree and blissfully ignorant. I agree with a lot of other people. It'll be almost like reliving your childhood. I don't like having a superior mindset like that. Everyone is dumb and therefore they don't deserve to be in my presence. That seems like I'll lead an incredibly lonely life, and although I love being in solitude, I don't like being in solitude for an extended period of time. I need human interaction.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • 2nd option every single time oh my God. For me, I don't really see the point in doing something if you're not going to enjoy it unless it's absolutely needed. And I have a choice here. I mean sure it'd be nice to be intelligent, but I've gotta ask myself, what's the point if the life built around that intelligence isn't a fun one?

...lol i'd go into one of my huge tl;dr posts but i gotta get off now. maybe tomorrow.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    As much as I'd like to be the smartest geek in the whole Milky Way galaxy, I'd rather have my friends by my side than being a lone in a dark, dusty library. Even when you're not that smart, as long as you've got your friends by your side, you can achieve something in life. Just look at Forrest Gump!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Second one by far! Friendship is one of the most important things to me and I'd never give it up for anything. Friends is what helps me to make my decisions and encourages me on the choices I make.
    I'd love to live without a care in the world instead of put up with the stress that intelligence may bring.
    But yeah... friendship over anything.

Back