• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Experience in B/W

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
  • What was the most difficult in-game obstacle that you came across in Black or White? Why?

Of course, by 'obstacle' I am referring to in-game events or challenges. These include, but are not limited to; struggling with a gym leader, new experience formula ruining your monoPokémon run, or trying to catch a certain Pokémon. In other words: discuss the hardest in-game experience in your opinion.

Personally, I believe that Black and White, compared to the other games of the franchise, had relatively a straight-forward plot and it wasn't too difficult. For example, gym leaders are quite easy to beat because type advantages can be found right next to the town if you hadn't already picked up a Pokémon with a type advantage(Pan-sear/sage/pour before the first gym; Timburr/Sawk/Throwh for the second; Darumaka for Burgh, and this list goes on). So gym leaders weren't really a challenge for me.

The elite 4 wasn't too difficult either - carrying a dark type Pokémon helped be defeat two of the members; and my other Pokémon combined toppled the remaining ones. N wasn't easy, but I could manage. What I really found difficult, probably the most difficult in-game experience, was trying to beat Ghetsis's underlevelled Hydreigon. I had so much trouble with it; even boasting various Pokémon with type advantages. After the third or fourth attempt of battling him, I eventually managed to wear it down enough to use Struggle which eventuated with a win in my favour.

sorry if there's already been a thread like this, i cauldn't find it on the first or second page.

Years
  • I'm not super far in the game, so I am sure that my opinion will change. For me the most difficult obstacle is Chargestone Cave. It just goes on and on and on! And the wild Pokemon are relentless. Then when you finally get to the bottom you have to fight tons of team Plasma trainers.

I've only been through it once, but when I go through it this time around I will definitely be carrying lots of PP/HP pots.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Beating the first 4 gym leaders, training a team to face Alder when my options were very limited at the time, capturing the musketeer trio, and of course fighting Cynthia once I got my guys to be around level 80 each. Man was Cynthia tough though.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
  • I have to say the 5th gym leader, for some reason I struggled against him. I also had trouble training all of my pokemon because I had a lot of dragon types so they were hard to train, and right when you beat the fist story mode all of the trainer's pokemon after that point reached high levels so I would struggle getting my pokemon to reach that level.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I'd have to say that the following trainers are the most difficult ones for me:

1. Lenora
    2. Cynthia

For Lenora, you have to do quite a bit of grinding before the battle. Cynthia... well, she's always been insanely tough. The fact that she changed her team for B/W doesn't help. (Braviary over Togekiss, and Eelektross over Roserade). UGH, two Pokemon with no weaknesses!!!

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
  • I'd have to say that the following trainers are the most difficult ones for me:

1. Lenora
    2. Cynthia

For Lenora, you have to do quite a bit of grinding before the battle. Cynthia... well, she's always been insanely tough. The fact that she changed her team for B/W doesn't help. (Braviary over Togekiss, and Eelektross over Roserade). UGH, two Pokemon with no weaknesses!!!

Yes I agree those are two tough trainers, I lost against Cynthia 23 times in a row, I would just restart every time I would lose.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I needed to level a bit with Lenora (battled with Dewott, iirc) and Bugsy was slightly challenging.

Surprisingly, Elesa was easy for Dewott...a Water type. o_O

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
    Years
  • Burgh, most definitely. I had my dewott. And more recently ghetsis. I used all my revives wearing out hydreigons dragon pulsed killed it with a razor shell from a lvl 62 dewott, thinking i had one, and out came bisharb. I knew i was taking my chances with hydro pump and pwooosh, health goes down, CRITICAL HIT. i was close to losing too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I had a hard time with Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I was planning on PP-stalling out Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast with Full Restores, but a Dragon Pulse scored a critical and KOed Samurott (who I planned to use to defeat Hydreigon). I had to finish Hydreigon with Scolipede instead.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Black: N was hard! Even though I was much stronger than him, he can still beat me! All of his Pokemon moves had some supereffective moves which I can't avoid! It took almost 3 to 4 hours for me to be able to beat him... He's a tough cookie! >_<

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • My hardest experience in the game is finding both tynamo in Chargestone Cave and Crygonal in Twist Mountain (really 1%); these two POkemon took me over an hour to find.

:t354:TG

Finding Tynamo was very difficult for me in my first run through, and eventually I just gave up.
    On my current run though I decided to train Emolga because I knew I wasn't going to see Tynamo - and I end up catching six.

Am I the only one who found Skyla hard ?
    maybe cause half of my team were weak against her

I found her quite easy; very easy in fact. She was, if you will, a breeze.Though I have to admit I always carry around an Electric pokémon.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Am I the only one who found Skyla hard ?
    maybe cause half of my team were weak against her

I found Skyla to be the easiest tbh o.o
    Or maybe it's coz I had a Gigalith and a Zebstrika on my team

OT: Catching a Thundurus was a pain for me.
    Didnt realise about the bulletin boards until someone told me -.-

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • When I first played it, I was aware that there was no V.S seeker or phone calls to rematch trainers. But then later on in the game, I really wished that there was some kind of rematch system. Leveling up my team, even with the lucky egg, was a challenge. But it made the game entertaining.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmm my hardest was probably facing Lenora for the first time, lol :( Lots of grinding needed!

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    The longest most boring experience on B/W was Twist mountain. It was definitely the most annoying but after going through it I was soooo relieved.

Back