• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Experience in B/W

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ghetsis all day err'day. I've played through the game twice and both times I had a difficult time beating him. The first playthrough, my Pokémon were ~level 50 and clearly I was a tad underleveled when going up against his Hydreigon. Thennn the second time I tried a party with ~level 55s and I *still* found him tough. Don't mess around with Ghetsis and his stupid underleveled but still ridiculous Hydreigon.

Years
    For me, the most difficult part in the game was fighting Lenora. Her Watchog is simply EVIL XD, specially if you want to challenge her with a Munna and Oshawott. But after he lerned revenge, all was a lot easier :D.​

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My first run-through of the game Ghethis actually wasn't that hard. It was Elesa that was hard for me my first time through the game (and most other times really).

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    My first run-through of the game Ghethis actually wasn't that hard. It was Elesa that was hard for me my first time through the game (and most other times really).

But... there's Sandile in the desert... which will KO her Zebstrika, and it also renders her Emolga's virtually useless... and their is Rock Tomb in the desert so you can KO them very easily.

Niriate

Rivalist
    Years
    Sofar, I've had the most trouble with Lenora (Her Watchog just destroys you if you don't have a soaker for Retaliation) and the fight with Cheren after beating Skyla.

The fight with Cheren was extremely annoying since I beat Skyla with relative ease. Keep in mind that this is with my Grass mono-type team. I beat Skyla's Unfezant no problem, but Cheren's Unfezant was so annoying because of Detect, Roost and Taunt. Had to Revive my Ferroseed after he took out all my other teammembers to finally get him down.

Elesa is just annoying, not especially hard. Double-team spam on her Emolga's

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I have three:

1: Going through that damn Twist mountain for the first time, i mean wow that place took some time off my hands...
    2: Going through victory road as well. I kept getting confused on which ledge a need to jump over, either out of grabbing an item, or for the sake of hoping for the best.
    3: Elite Four Second Round...god...my pokemon were so beaten up...the first time I challenged them after the main game, thier AI was definitely improved.

Years
    Elesa turned out to be the hardest for me. O__O
    Ghetsis and N were both fairly easy for me.

I actually found N and Ghetsis to be hard, they defeated my precious Reshiram at some point.

I swept Elesa's entire team with a female Zebstrika knowing Attract.

I've been hearing a lot of people criticizing Lenora, her Watchog hits and hits really hard!

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    i've heard it said about Ghetsis's Hydreigon again and again but i beat him first time with a defensive Serperior (Substitute, Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade and Leftovers). N however...was a different matter. i was carrying three fire types at the time, so his Archeops ripped me to shreds time and time again.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I would have to say trying to beat the 5th gym leader, Clay, during my second run through. Though I did start off with Oshawott, I still found him to be pretty difficult because his Excadrill knew some good attacks. But I still beat him on like my 3rd-5th try or something. I really had to change my strategy.
    Second I had difficulty training for the elite 4. I trained on Audinos so it just took a few days...

Other than that, those were the only difficulties I had. The game was over all really easy, because like someone said the Pokemon that had a type advantage against the gym leaders were usually nearby, so beating them shouldn't be too difficult, unless you're like me and only catch Pokemon you really want so by the time you beat the game you pretty much only have 6-8 Pokemon with you. XD
    And training with Audinos made the game pretty easy too.

Years
    Lenora and Ghetsis, it took me like 6 tries to beat Ghetsis, it was the Hydreigon (hope I spelt that right) I actually hate Ghetsis now and I hope his Hydreigon eats him or something >:D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Shauntal - the first, second, third, fourth and eventual fifth attempt at defeating her when playing through the E4 - was easily the hardest experience in B/W. Ghestis was a close second, but definitely second... managed to beat him the first time around, although he did decimate most of my tea. But Shauntal was just weirdly strong, and it was only when I started fighting her last did I even come close to defeating her. Weird.

Years
    I would have to say trying to beat the 5th gym leader, Clay, during my second run through. Though I did start off with Oshawott, I still found him to be pretty difficult because his Excadrill knew some good attacks. But I still beat him on like my 3rd-5th try or something. I really had to change my strategy.
    Second I had difficulty training for the elite 4. I trained on Audinos so it just took a few days...

Other than that, those were the only difficulties I had. The game was over all really easy, because like someone said the Pokemon that had a type advantage against the gym leaders were usually nearby, so beating them shouldn't be too difficult, unless you're like me and only catch Pokemon you really want so by the time you beat the game you pretty much only have 6-8 Pokemon with you. XD
    And training with Audinos made the game pretty easy too.

I chose Oshawott as well and I had absolutely no trouble against Clay.

My Samurott swept his whole team.

I've heard of some of you guys complaining about Ghetsis, his Hydreigon really packs a punch! I was lucky to have beat him the first time (At least I now have my own Hydreigon too)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Some of the Gym Leaders were tough, oh! and the Elite Four aaaaand the post-storyline trainers with Level 60+ Pokémon.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Catching Tynamo (my friend bred it for me, but still I'd love to encounter one myself), and I think the Excadrill of Clay, which was a bit of a pain to beat.

Years
    I honestly hated the Twisted Mountain. It is obviously an obstacle, as with any special area between cities, but this area seemed pretty useless and poorly designed, IMO. Of course each region needs its own mountain, but with the way Twisted Mountain was designed, it seemed like a person just created piles of dirt and rock and built platforms and caves atop it, because of its maze-like experience.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    For me the 4th Gym was and still is the most difficult part of the game :P those Emolga's Volt Switching >:C

Years
    For me the 4th Gym was and still is the most difficult part of the game :P those Emolga's Volt Switching >:C

I actually had very little difficulty against her (mainly because I was high level) and my Zebstrika managed to knock out her entire team (I'm serious!).

Back