PDA

View Full Version : Should I get GMail?

YAS1
December 30th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I have others, but I've looked at GMail and you get 1gb of mail storage. I've heard lots of bad things about GMail. So, can somebody tell me if I should get GMail or not??

aRedMoon
December 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I like it. It may not be the most "secure" but who really cares if Google people are reading your stuff? It's not like they know you.

Pincushion
December 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Meh, Gmail is pethetic, get MSN whee

aRedMoon
December 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
GMail has speed, something Hotmail/MSN doesn't. :P

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Get it.It's tough to get,cause of you need a invite.I currently have 4 invites avalible. try to get it..

Brittany
December 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I have it, I like it.
Now I never have to delete any of the spam I recieve! :P

I don't really have any problems with it. Free, fast, large, and secure enough for me. Even in the Google people could read my mail, I wouldn't care.

Imakuni?
December 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
if you need an invite, holla.

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 04:29 PM
I invited him to mine,Sweeties!.

Kairi
December 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I though invites weren’t supposed to be the topic, c’mon guys.

You can have infinite really by inviting yourself, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to be generous with them. If I used webmail, I’d use it. A lot of storage, speed, can’t ask for much else. Have pondered using some of my invites actually, cause Outlook /Express bugs me. >P

aRedMoon
December 30th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Abby, Abby, why use Outlook (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird)?

And you people make me sad. Sarah said no talk of invites, but yet you all talk about it anyways. -.-

The REAL :P
December 30th, 2004, 05:55 PM
It's better than Outlook. :/

Cool Cr@cker
December 30th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Outlook is just a Client..
GMAIl Is really good..YOu can even use it to chat!

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 08:00 PM
You can?Where is that feature?

Anarchytekt
December 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM
You can sign-up to passport and use your gmail ID to login to msn msngr. Read the "MSN Help" thread by Cool Cr@cker in this forum. I'm too lazy to get you the link lol.
EDIT : I just thought maybe I should give the link.:) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26244

Spectrum
December 30th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Yes, that's true. You can assign a Passport to your Gmail account by making an account here (http://www.passport.com). Using that Passport, you can access features such as MSN Messenger.

As for Gmail, it's good enough for me. After all, who wouldn't want 1000MB of space (even though you'll probably never use it all)? xD

aRedMoon
December 31st, 2004, 01:50 AM
I had nearly 50 MB used up before I emptied my trash. :-/

Yahoo would've ate me alive.

Shinin
December 31st, 2004, 05:55 AM
I have AOL. With AOL, there is no limit to how much mail you can hold (I think). And it has a lot of cool stuff.

*Chikorita*
December 31st, 2004, 07:01 AM
I think you should get Gmail from all the good things these people have told you. I personally use Hotmail, which only has 250 MB of storage, but it doesn't matter to me becuase I just talk with MSN messenger instead. =P So get Gmail. XD

Shining Arcanine
December 31st, 2004, 09:51 PM
I have an account and it is rather nice. If someone is offering you a gmail invitation my advice is to take it.

loony
January 1st, 2005, 09:51 AM
yea i have gmail to its good if ya get a invite use it because gmail is good:D

YAS1
January 1st, 2005, 12:14 PM
I already took an invite on another website and saw some other people giving away "high quality" invites. What are these? Are they better than the regular invites?

Carlito-san
January 1st, 2005, 12:45 PM
Are they making you do anything for them?And I sent you a invite.

Geometric-sama
January 7th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Gmail is the best. Fast. Very very fast. And I love the spam filter, it doesn't let ANY spam get through to me at all.

Anarchytekt
January 7th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I already took an invite on another website and saw some other people giving away "high quality" invites. What are these? Are they better than the regular invites?
I know of a friend of mine who has a "VIP" account on gmail. Probably those friends of yours were talking about that. In VIP accounts you get 3GB storage instead of one, and 5 invites every week.

Geometric-sama
January 7th, 2005, 03:33 AM
And how do you get these "VIP" accounts?

Anarchytekt
January 8th, 2005, 07:33 AM
The employees at gmail get VIP accounts and they can choose whether to invite people to gmail accts or to gmail VIP accts. I think that's how it goes. I maybe wrong though.

Pazuzu
January 10th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Pfffffff....
Gmail...
If ya can read some german then you should get GMX (www.gmx.de (http://www.gmx.de))
1 Gig space, spam filter, pop, webmail, free

The best free mail provider in germany (pc test magazine).

loony
January 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
mm i gonna try that one scizz:Di can read some german:D

Thomas
January 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I use Gmail (Thanks to Jkaizer) and I think it is awsome. It is really fast and is set up really good. The only thing I dont know how to do is to edit like color of text and font and junk...do I just use html?