• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only humans left

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    All animals (including insects, etc, so technically every living creature other than humans) have suddenly disappeared from earth. There's just humans left. How would you react? What would you do? How would you adjust to not being able to eat animals - would you resort to eating humans in order to eat meat? How do you think this world affect the world, economically and socially?

Yoshikko inspired the eating habits part of this question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think I'd be able to survive and it wouldn't be much of a difference now than how I live already. My clothes will probably change, but other than that, I don't think I'd have a problem. I have no idea how it will affect the world as a whole, but my world wouldn't change. I'd just convert to veganism - and I'm already halfway there. I'd be a little bit on a high horse with my attitude towards the meat eaters, since I'd love to see how they react to a world without meat, and make some snarky jokes and comments about it, but other than that, I doubt it would cause a huge reaction from me.

Does this include fish? I mean, they don't breathe per se, do they?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    How am I going to eat exactly? I'm not turning a vegetarian, I'd rather turn to eating one if there are no more animals left, if that's how I have to get by my food. This post is gonna get an edit later, I just needed to say this first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    How am I going to eat exactly? I'm not turning a vegetarian, I'd rather turn to eating one if there are no more animals left, if that's how I have to get by my food. This post is gonna get an edit later, I just needed to say this first.
    Looks like you won't be eating then, and then you'll end up dying of starvation! All because you couldn't eat a flower! How silly!!!!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would be devastated for multiple reasons.

1. I love meat, and I can see a lot of people acting like how Nick said he would, but worse - making fun of the people who just had their lifestyle drastically changed, not understanding their emotions, lol. I hate it when people are like that so I might be driven to murder isolation.

2. I love animals in general. My cat just died? All dogs in the world are gone? I would be so incredibly upset over that, lol.

Years
  • Many crops no longer have pollinators. Many ecosystems collapse. Massive starvation results.

But aside from that I'd be pretty cool with a vegan diet and would help guide and console the poor, confused masses toward their now-unavoidable fate of a meat-free diet.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I ADORE animals, I can't have one day without seeing an animal, but if all the animals suddenly dissapeared one day without warning, I would have three choices:
    1. Find out just exactly what the heck happened to all the animals.
    2. Build robot animals to replace the regular ones, since I like robots and love animals, combining the two would be awesome.
    3. Commit suicide, as I cannot live without animals keeping me company when I am lonely.
    Also, humans are animals themselves, and with no animals, there would be no humans, and without humans, Earth would be like Mars, a desolate lifeless rock.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    If would be awful. I love animals and if I could never see them again except in pictures it would be very depressing.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Welp. I don't WANT to be a vegan, but now that I have no other choice, so I guess I better get used to liking carrots. :< I certainly would miss my pets though. ;__; But eating wise, I would definitely NOT resort to eating another person.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This would be awful. I love dogs and don't want to see them disappear. I also don't like the concept of eating my friends for food because I like to eat the meat of other animals.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How would it affect me personally? I'd have to cut omelettes out of my diet. Apart from that, no difference.
    Patchipoopoo said:
    I'd love to see how they react to a world without meat
    oh god yes

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • My life would be absolute heck xd Because I practically live on meat. I guess I'd get used to the whole vegetarian diet and all and life wouldn't be the same. Either way, I would didn't go cannibal just to eat meat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I would adapt. But I don't think it would work very well without pollinators. But I'd try my hardest, you know? There's got to be enough food buried in this country to survive. Buuuuuuuuuut, if it wasn't mass starvation, then I would happily adopt a vegan diet. I would be sad though, because I've always wanted a dog. My own dog. u .u

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

• Or chaos ensues and it becomes an eat or be eaten world, and then you'll end up being eaten! All because you couldn't eat another human! How silly!!!!!

Pffft, win.

I'd personally convert to vegatarianism. I don't think I have the guts to resort to cannibalism. I don't think the human race would handle becoming full vegans very gracefully though. I'm sorry to say that many vegatarian foods do not come without consequences, however minor they are. Stacked on a species-wide scale though, we'd probably encounter some drama. <__<;

*Cough* I'd feel especially bad for the men. <____>

Years
  • Cannibalism in this day and age would see diseases spread so fast that the human race wouldn't live very long. I would predict a zombie apocalypse. :P

I could handle being a vegetarian, that would be fine. But I'd struggle immensely to be a vegan.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't think there'd be much time to worry about it. If all the animals and insects disappeared, the entire eco-system would shut down and we'd all die lol.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    WE ARE LEGEND

Fine, I can cope with being a vegetarian. Thank God we got soya for an alternative. I would prefer to die of starvation rather than cannibalize, though. But wait, vegetarians? that's the least of our worries. The whole ecosystem balance has gone whoosies.

Ack I just saw Andy's post

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
  • Truthfully, I would probably go crazy from lack of meat, I would be the new Jack of Blades lol. And anyone that says they can go without meat for the rest of their lives is crazy, but let me explain before all you vegetarians go nuts on me. If the whole worlds food source is gone, then obviously humans will turn on each other, we are a destructive race after all, and start becoming cannibals, which means that they would have to fight each other to the death to eat the other. Now the body requires proteins to build muscles, a lot of proteins, and even though there are some plants and veggies that give proteins, the amount isn't anywhere near the required amount to successfully build a lot of muscle. So basically the vegetarians would be the firsts to go because they wouldn't have enough strength to fight off the hordes of muscle bound carnivorous people(Think zombies, except faster, smarter, and capable of ripping your heart out with one strike) 0.0.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Well I was once a vegetarian so the eating part won't really matter BUUTTT THE ANIMALS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE ANIMALS D: I CAN'T LIVEEEEE WITHOUT THEMMM ;w;

Back