• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Handwriting

Years
  • You have to do it sometime in your life, even if you don't want to. And as a writer this thread is relevant to my interests. 8)

What's your handwriting like?

Not that I intend this to be a list poll, but here are ideas if you need them: Neat or sloppy? Large or small? Cursive or print? Handwriting quirks? Samples to post? Post your whole answer in an image instead?? I'll allow it as long as it's 4 words/25 characters in your image. :D

---

As for mine, I've been writing in print since I left 5th grade, the last grade where cursive was compulsory. That year was a pain in my butt, as my cursive is AWFUL. Was even back then when I was actually using it. -_-;

Overall I'd say my handwriting is usually small and pretty neat -- I don't think I've had complaints about people not being able to read it besides it being too tiny. It's gotten bigger since I left school, but I can write super small if I don't have a lot of paper to work with. I tend to write my Qs really weird as I don't know how it's supposed to be written in print, so they turn out like cursive qs. I also cross my 7s.

This image isn't the best example as it's several years old now and it's a little bit sloppier than I usually write, but I don't have my scanner hooked up nor do I have a decent camera so this image will have to do.
    (Also, the meme is not the point of this thread. Just the only example I have.)

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
  • I am feeling I'm going to need to change to print, because everybody says my letter is so tiny and laid-over ...
    I wrote this on tablet,so this is a little bigger and messier but still it should give you an outline ...
    https://i.imgur.com/HPFMW.png
    I admit I did tidy it up a little bit ...
    So,i'm seriously thinking of changing to print,since next year I'm entering Hi School, and around here if the teacher doesn't get it,you get zero ...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Mine is like if print, cursive, and chicken scratch had a demented child that writes N's like P's. It's not terrible, but it's not beautiful to say the least.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    My handwriting's weird. As in, it's not always the same. Sometimes I write down some letters differently, and sometimes I italic everything I write.

This habit was most likely developed from my younger days, when I was forced to change my handwriting because it was really sloppy, and was taught a lot of different styles.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Ahaha, this was so much fun. :3 Fyi, the meme I drew at the bottom got cut off by the scanner, but fortunately, no text did. Phew! xD

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • According to my dad, my handwriting looks like chicken scratch, though he, and several other people, can still read it. I think it looks like that because I phased out of print writing in third grade when I wrote in cursive, but went back to print in middle school, when my print writing remained relatively the same.

Years
  • I work with computers, I have most of my life, my degrees have been in computing and as a result... my handwriting is shocking.

I do try to make it legible to some people but normally can't be bothered.​

Years
  • I have attached a writing sample to this post. I warn you though, my handwriting is atrocious. Ever since year 4 or something where they forced us to join up our letters, my handwriting became terrible.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Apologies for the legal-ese of it, but my revision notes were the first thing to hand. It's a pretty accurate representation of my handwriting: a pragmatic combination of print and joined-up words, legible... but only just, like Will I blame computers! I can make it neater if I try, but occasions like that are a rarity. Oh well...

AND PHOTOBUCKET, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT FLIPPING IT! Grr...

Last edited:

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Spoiler:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Spoiler:

and..
    Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I honestly don't like my handwriting, but it isn't that bad compared to others I've seen in my year group. xD; It's quite sloppy, and depending on my mood or position is probably going to effect how big I write.

Years
  • Spoiler:

and..
    Spoiler:

YES! SIGMA AND PI BONDS! THE OVERLORD APPROVES OF THIS CHEMISTRY!

Nice handwriting by the way.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Handwriting

Handwriting

Isn't that just awesome. It has my name on it!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Hoo boy. Well, I honestly don't write much in terms of handwriting. As it turns out, I have difficulty writing much more than a short paragraph at a time without needing to stop for a rest because my wrist starts hurting. Given, it starts with only needing a few moments, but at the point I've written a page my wrist gets sore enough that resting no longer helps much. I think it's because of how I hold my pencil. When I /do/ write though I write in print (but with cursive k, g, and capital m.), and my handwriting is relatively big and easy to read. (Fits neatly on lined paper.)

Seeing as I use a word processor for most writing I do outside of small stuff though I guess you could say my "handwriting" is 'Franklin Gothic'~. Jokes aside though, my writing is relatively neat most of the time. I swear I'm one of the only people I know who doesn't have any problem writing big. lD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Aww... cute topic.

I've been told both good and bad things about my handwriting. It does look like a 2nd grader wrote it, but it looks like a neat 2nd grader wrote it.

Handwriting

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Mines pretty scruffy at the moment, but here's a picture of it:
    Spoiler:

I usually write like that, when I'm in a rush.

Back