• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy

What one?

• Final fantasy 1

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Final fantasy 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final fantasy 3

• Final fantasy 4

• Final fantasy 5

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Final fantasy 6

• Final fantasy 7

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Final fantasy 8

• Final fantasy 9

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Final fantasy 10

• Final fantasy 10-2

• Final fantasy 11

• Total voters

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
  • My favorite is nine...for several reasons.
    First: It is the first Final Fantasy game I've played...(other than Legends and Adventures)

Second: I love the characters! kuja, Zidane and Garnett rock! Eiko is so cute, and Vivi is so cool!

Third: It is fun!

I know most people prefer 7 over 9, but that is because they played 7 first. If you played 9 first, you probably would like it more, just because the graphics are better. But I like 7 too.. Sephiroth all the way!

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Im sure there was a thread like this before.
    Ayways my favourite is Final Fantasy 8, I like the characters, the storyline, the battles, the GF's and the card game!

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    The tetra master card game in 9 was cool, but I prefer the card game in FF8.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • 9 the most...

a) most hiliarous of all FF... fun to pick out how the FF9 characters mock the previous final fantasies ("No Cloud or Squall shall overcome us!")

b) plot's quality remains rather consistent all the way through, unlike FF8 which suddenly makes no sense right from disc3 and beyond. Not as good as FF7's, but good enough

c) every character is certainly *different* except for the possibility of Garnet/Eiko. Everyone contributes in a different fashion to the team, unlike FF7/8/6/5(and etc) where everyone is pretty much the same and hardly any different... just plug in the same materias for everyone, and everyone in FF7 is the same besides the limit break. Same goes for 6 and 8, and FF5 is just *exactly* identical pretty much...

d) a reasonable amount of sidequests to accomplish

e) takes a rather strange turn in terms of those who complain about difficulty... yes there are no super-difficult weapons/monsters to beat up near the end of the game, but FF9's difficulty lies in some of the optional bosses that are actually in the early part of the game so you can't super-train yourself to beat the living daylights out of them... I doubt that anyone can say the optional boss in Alexandria in disc2 is "pushover." Paper Storm is just...

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • My fave if FF 7 simply because it has the greatest storyline and the greatest characters and enemys, it may not have the best graphics but thats not what makes a game in my opinion.

I prefer the card game in FF 9 and i love playing the card games its really fun ^_^.

I like the music in FF games, as thats what there usually is as they dont talk (except ff10 onwards) and all there were speach boxes.

Final Fantays have to be my fave RPG's of all time they are just great, and FF7 was the firs turn based RPG i everplayed i love it!

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
  • Naruto-Kun said:
    I like the music in FF games, as thats what there usually is as they dont talk (except ff10 onwards) and all there were speach boxes.

I agree the music is cool! I love One-Winged Angel and the battle music and stuff.. I have a mix cd of random music from FF7,8, and 9. It is so cool!(Also the randomness of Simple and Clean from KH. That was a great song too.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Final Fantasy VII
    Storyline, characters, extras, etc.
    I liked them all.

I liked FFIX alot, but 3/4 of the game felt like I was promoting nothing. Just running around doing stuff. To me, it felt like a side mission. Optional.

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • I Have a few FF sound tracks, i cant find what i want usually so i gave up.
    Does anyone know a good place to find them all??

I agree with Pokemaster Jonathan FF 7 is the best but i like all final fantasy's But the one that i am least impressed with is FF 10-2 it didnt fill as much of a FF than i would of hoped.

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
  • My fav was X because you get to control Bahamut and he was cool too. They had limit breaks for all the aeons too. But the downfall of it was the leveling up by the spheres my hands almost fell off trying to max the stats! took me like 8 hours just to do 150 strength points.

a good place for ff tracks is bluelaguna.net y dun u try it?

Pokemon Master #1

BILLIE fanboy.
    Years
  • Favorite Final Fantasy Game.

I do find a problem with this poll.It doesn't have my favorite Final Fantasy game on it.Anyway, my favorite FF game is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.Why?The reason is the connectivity with the Game Boy Advance, and awesome graphics.I am however displeased that Square Enix doesn't make many games for the Gamecube.If only they made another game equal or better then Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles for Gamecube.If they did then I would buy it right away.

Years
  • I like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the gameboyadvance the most because thats the only one I've played.
    *sweatdrops*
    okay I know that is super bad but its pretty fun until you beat four totenmas.then it gets sorta boring.

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • Pokemon Master #1 said:
    I do find a problem with this poll.It doesn't have my favorite Final Fantasy game on it.Anyway, my favorite FF game is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.Why?The reason is the connectivity with the Game Boy Advance, and awesome graphics.I am however displeased that Square Enix doesn't make many games for the Gamecube.If only they made another game equal or better then Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles for Gamecube.If they did then I would buy it right away.

I knew i forgot one game sorry about that!

SulcataIxlude

Ibrojiini Hii'shan
    Years
  • My most favorite FF was FF Five. =) I love the different job classes, the consept of different dimensions, the bosses (who could resist the splendor of X-death, or even Gilgamesh?), and just overall was fun to play. I also love Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1, but it's not on the poll, so I couldn't vote for it. =P

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
  • Naruto-Kun said:
    I Have a few FF sound tracks, i cant find what i want usually so i gave up.
    Does anyone know a good place to find them all??

I'm not sure.. I downloaded all my music off the internet and burned it onto a cd...I'm sure they have them somewhere, like on E-Bay, or try checking an official site, or your local Suncoast may have them.

Years
  • Mine is FFVII. I know its the typical answer but "this is the first FF game i played." I think the first one you play must always be one of your faves right?

Anyway it was the first time i ever encountered such beauty, imagination, and depth in a video game ever. I quickly dropped all the platformers I'd been playing til then for FFVII and immersed myself in it, playing it over and over until I finally let myself beat it two years later.

To me, the graphics of FFVII are perfect. In my mind, there is no need to take any steps up from FFVII: the emotions of the characters were plain to me, even in their cubey form. At least, the blocky bodies of the in game FFVII crew showed more emotion to me than FFVIII or anything.
    The music is also top-notch, maybe mostly cause of the nostalgia value. I can listen to this soundtrack over and over and not get tired of it, and for me thats saying something. Anxious Hearts is my top fave of the whole thing, but nearly any song from its soundtrack will make me emotional (Ahead on Our Way, Valley of the Fallen Stars, Turks Theme, Infiltrating Shinra Tower, and Mako Reactor are faves).
    But above all this, I think it was the storyline and characters that I really fell in love with, like no other video game character ever I liked them. I guess playing a game thats around 50 hrs several times will do that to you. They're all interesting characters with depth and personality, and even the ones I hated at first grew on me until I just appreciated the whole cast (still couldnt get myself to like hojo though >.>).
    The depth of the world of FF is still unmatched in my opinion. I thought it was deep in the beginning, when you were just in Midgar. When you finally leave midgar are first on the world map and you suddenly realize that you haven't even yet scratched the surface of the game, that's probably when i fell in love with it.
    Anyway I could probably talk about this game for ages, but i think I'll stop. Oh, and there hasnt been an FF yet that I have particularly hated, just that FFVII stands out to me above all. And although it was my first, I did go back and play FFIV and up.
    I'm looking forward to playing through the FFVII international version (in japanese) which I will soon purchase.

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • deathbyalice said:

I'm not sure.. I downloaded all my music off the internet and burned it onto a cd...I'm sure they have them somewhere, like on E-Bay, or try checking an official site, or your local Suncoast may have them.

Ill give that a look into thank you ^_^.
    Also what is the new FF 7 game coming out?? Not the dirge of cerberus but the one coming to psp, does anyone know?

Back