• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a journal/diary?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Do you have a journal or diary? What kind of stuff do you typically write in it if you do?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • PC is my diary

No, but it's not because of any anti-femininity notions like some others would be. I just don't have the attention span, which is also the reason I don't have a hack completed, and I don't like books and movies.

I have done it a couple times in the past, but a couple weeks was how long I got through with it before I started to write down mundane banal **** like "today I went outside!". So not really a fan of diaries or journals.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Tried to, but got to like the third day then I didn't want to spend much time writing in it :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I tried to have a personal journal or diary several times but I never wrote in them past a few days soooo I'm one of those who tried but failed at it haha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Every once in a while I'll try keeping one, but I always lose the notebook or get bored or remember there's no point in doing so because I like venting at people rather than at paper. The last few times I've tried to do fic journals but eventually I remember I'm useless at writing so I quit. So no. I'm much too disorganized in the mind to do so.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I keep one. I write in it daily, though only a few entries are actually worth reading (compared to "Slept, ate, nothing. Goodnight."). I've done so for a little over 2 years.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I had one when I was 15 and another when I was 17, both journals I have lost now given how often I move nowadays so finding them again would take forever if it wasn't outright impossible by now.

Years
  • Not anymore. It's not something I'd remember to do, ever.

I used to update my Livejoural on a somewhat regular basis, until about 2009. That was when I had less to update about do to a bunch of irl crap. I don't even read it anymore; I'd probably be embarrassed, tbh.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't do it because I'm too paranoid that someone would find it and read it and would be insulted by it. My family and some of my friends are really nosy, so I try to keep myself in a place that I'm comfortable with them knowing about.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I have a lot of my mind. I was considering writing some kind of journal to jot them down but then I became paranoid about what would happen if anyone was to ever find it.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Personally I don't think I have. I guess it's more inside my head because I'm one of those who seems to have 10 different personalities inside their heads talking to each other all the time. It'd be a bit difficult to jot down. However I do know a sister who has had around 95 journals and still counting. But that's due to the fact she never commits. Each one has a first page written on detailing her new start with this journal, and each one has nothing more then that.

I don't think any of my friends would have one either, it's something that has come and gone with the rise of social networking. I guess for some people updating Facebook could be considered a journal.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My livejournal.. sort of. I use it mostly for dreams.
    I should post some of my PC posts in my LJ sometime.. because with PC's servers acting the way they've been for the past couple of years... >_> I do not trust.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    No, no, no, no, no, no. I've never been one for a physical, tangible diary. Or journal, whatever you call it. I never understood what to do with them. I tried to keep one once; it never got more than the one entry, "Dear Diary, what do I write in this? I had a good day? Bye - Love, Christopher." I was just never able to decide what to write about, i'm good with writing whatever comes to my mind but not in my own personal diary, no. I had a brief Livejournal phase in 2009 but like my tangible diary, I didn't update it.
    I prefer to use my Tumblr for venting my emotions, either that or the lovely people around me who really don't want to hear about my day but do anyway!

Years
  • I have notebooks that I write whatever I feel like in them, mostly freewrites and ideas and snippets or things for my writing. They generally don't act like diaries though since I don't write down my feelings or how my day went or things like that. There wouldn't be much to write if I did that.

Back