• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Game?

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Here we go. It's a typical question (which I don't know why it hasn't been made, being so common, but anyway). I guess everybody has that one perfect game, that one unforgettable, that one you would probably play once and again... So let us know which is that ONE game!

I know there are lots of people who can't decide only one. Well, you can choose as many games as you want. But, to make this more enjoyable, it would be nice if you explain why it is (or they are) your favourite game(s).

So, your games is...?

Last edited:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Lux Pain-The story and characters were awesome and the gameplay was interesting.

Kingdom Hearts 2-I loved every minute of this game! I got it when it came out when I was a freshman in Hihgschool and beat it in 3 days. I could not put it down!

Megaman Battle Network 3-This game was amazing. It was just so much fun and I enjoy it so much!!

TY

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Best RTS game in my life, easy to hack and its just so good... could be better if EA really finished it...

Battlefied 3: Nothing is so good as flying in Jets, doing barrel rolls xD

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
One of the most difficult questions. Long list is long, but I have favorites from different genres. It's difficult picking the most favorite, as it changes depending on what I'm currently playing.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My first Zelda game, and while I have played Ocarine of Time too, this one will be my all time favorite. Link's Awakening a close 2nd.
Metal Gear Solid 3 - I loved the first part, but this game is just awesome. From the music to the story to the actual gameplay. Can't wait to replay it's HD remaster.
Final Fantasy Tactics - My first SRPG, and the one I played most. I'm not really fond of the Advance series.
Final Fantasy IV - Far from my first FF game (IX was my first), but I recently started really liking this part. Music's awesome, characters are cool and the story is okay (not really the best thing about this game)
Dynasty Warriors 7 - I love hack'n'slash. I love Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Perfect game for me, especially this part which has a great story mode.
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - I love hack'n'slash. I love Gundam. Perfect game for me, once again. It was also the game that made me watch Gundam. I wasn't really fond of mecha until I played this game.
Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage - I love beat'em ups. I love Hokuto no Ken. Perfect game for me. Can't wait for the sequel.
Pokemon obviously - One of my first RPGs and I've been playing them for 12 years.
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 - It's difficult choosing my favorite SRW game, but I'd say Alpha 3 since it's got great cast and of course Mizuho!
SD Gundam G Generation Wars - I love SRW, so a SRW-like game with all Mobile Suits from all Gundam shows was really cool.
Bayonetta - Wacky story with a witch that has guns on her feet. Sold.
Call of Duty 2 - Even though I've been playing CoD since part one, the second game is my favorite and I've played it countless times. (Note: the only CoD after 2 I played was Black Ops, not really a FPS player)
Dead Island co-op - I love Romero's zombie movies, so this game was perfect for me. It featured them good old classic zombies. And of course those infected ones that had to run (hate running zombies). But the main charm of this game is it's co-op. Nothing better than killin' some zombies with your friends.
Tekken 6 - I've been a Tekken fan since PS1 era, so each new game is a must play for me.
Street Fighter x Tekken - I've also played Street Fighter since II, but I wasn't really fond of IV. I like this one only because it's a crossover.
Inazuma Eleven - RPG + Football. Weird combo, but I love the game, even though I avoid other normal football games.
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan - Cool music, cool characters, cool gameplay.
Bust-a-Move 2 - Probably my first rhythm game. It was one of the hardest games for me as a kid. But when I grew up, it was pretty easy. Great music.
Phoenix Wright - Great gameplay, great story, great music.
Megaman X - My first Megaman game.
Alundra 2 - Mostly nostalgia, since I haven't played it recently, but I really loved this game as a kid.
Breath of Fire IV - One of my favorite RPG games. Couldn't beat those plains as kid, and there were no walkthroughs back then.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam - Gundam action game with 79/Zeta story? Sold.
Persona 3 - One of the best RPGs I've played on PS2
Plok - Best platformer I've played on SNES as a kid. Couldn't beat it back then.
Donkey Kong Country 2 - I love the whole trilogy, but I guess this one's my favorite.
Tetris for GB - Who doesn't love this

And I ended up tl;dr.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Minecra\ft

Minecraft is awesome, I like minecraft. I am on it now. :)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
This is a difficult question to someone like me as I haven't found that ONE favorite game, but rather have numerous games that I would consider a favorite. I would only consider a game a favorite of mine if I enjoyed playing it start to finish, one that I actually aim to beat completely and I would have liked to play it all-over again. I'll just list some games that I consider a favorite recently.

1. Wario Land 4: I think it's worth noting that, despite what I have said above, more and more I realize that this could be that one game. Wario Land is a cohesive series with solid games, and Wario Land 4 is no exception. In fact, I could argue it's the best in the series. Wario Land 4 isn't your average platformer, as there are no pitfalls or even that many enemies, and the only way to die is when you lose your life (which is pretty rare actually unless it's super hard) and when you don't make it back in time. No, Wario Land 4 is a platformer mixed with puzzles and a sense of exploration, where the main goal is to collect treasure in a large level and then making it back to where you started after activating a bomb at the end which is necessary. The amount of secrets and stuff to do in one level alone is huge, and takes about 15 minutes MINIMUM if you do try to collect everything you see.

The level design is genius. There are only 18 levels in the game, but they're all exceptionally different and huge that it doesn't matter, and even when you play them at a higher difficulty the items are actually in a different place, so it's like playing a whole new level. The visuals of these levels are also expertly done, like how one of the level is like playing inside a volcano and the background consist of lavas slowly flowing on rocks, and there are also effects that makes the level seems like it's boiling. But once you activate the bomb, the level turns from a volcano to a snow mountain. All the lava is now frozen and even the enemies changed. It's things like this that makes you appreciate the design decision in the game. Another thing about the level design is that the enemies aren't just randomly placed and that they are there for a purpose, be it for annoying you, damaging you or the best part...helping you. The level design is so good that it tells you to use your enemies to your advantage, be it by making them power you up (a lot of them do that) or just using them as an object.

I can go on and on about the level design but it really isn't the only thing this game has. The game is full of charm, and it really screams Wario, especially the music. Like when you activate the bomb, Wario screams to hurry up and the timer start where the music starts slow and gloomy adding to the tension, but then gets faster and a lot tense.. Also not only is the music good, but it fits with the atmosphere and level so well, which a lot of platformers lack. (Like Donkey Kong Country for example. Amazing music, but not my choice for a game starring DK, so I actually hate it.) The Arabian Night level for example, where the level itself introduces to a gloomy arabian village at night with big buildings, and the music just fits so much with the atmosphere.

The game isn't linear either, far from that. After you complete the first chamber, you unlock 4 other chambers, each with a set theme and 4 levels and a boss. But just because each chamber has a specific theme for it, doesn't take away from the variety of the level. For example, the Sapphire chamber, which is set on the horror theme, has a ghostly village level, an arabian land level, a volcano level and a haunted hotel level and the Ruby chamber (mechanism) has a factory level, a frozen lab level, a toxic filled wasteland level and a pinball zone level. Each of the bosses and levels correspond with the chamber's theme without being too similar.

I just adore this game, Wario controls great, the levels are fun to play and explore and there's so much you can do in it. I don't know why I can't just openly say "THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER" because there's literally not a single thing I don't like about it. It's that great.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Made me realize my love for the stealth genre, especially when you actually try to hide and sneak instead of just playing it like a shooter and kill everybody, which you get punished heavily for later on the game anyway. It makes you appreciate the level design in the game. First of all, the story and gameplay compliment each other like bread and butter. This is probably one of the few games where I actually felt the story added something to the gameplay, and it's not exclusive to MGS3 alone and rather the whole series. The gameplay itself is smooth and Snake controls well, and the story adds to the tension that I feel is necessary for stealth. I've many things to say but don't want to make a short essay like for Wario Land 4.

3. Rhythm Heaven Fever: Game is just full of charm, I love it. It's simple, but challenging and addictive. Really love this one, haha.

SSJ4Ash

Saiyan Poke-Master
Years
All of the Ratchet and Clank games: I love blowing stuff up.
Gods Eater Burst and Lord of Arcana: Both very good Hack&Slash RPGs
Most DBZ games: Love combat.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This was an incredibly hard decision but after a lot of thought I've narrowed it down to three games. In no special order: Digimon World, Grandia & Ape Escape 2.

Grandia, as anyone who knows me will know, is my all-time favourite game. It's simply amazing in every way. The story is enticing and thrilling, the concept is wonderful, the battle system is unique and yet very well thought out, the characters are fantastic, the combat/magic system works perfectly, the experience system is a lot of fun to work around and try to master, the item system works just as brilliantly, the game is full of emotion (it made me cry several times :x) and most of all, the game manages to last for absolutely countless hours of gameplay due to having such a long and detailed story, and yet even after you've been playing for the 20th day straight you still can't put down the controller. It doesn't have huge replay value, but it is a game I play through every few years for the nostalgia factor, and because it's simply such an amazing game. Also the pixley wannabe-anime-style graphics are adorable. x]

Digimon World is just a vast a diverse game with countless different things to do and you can replay it 1000 times without ever getting bored. There's the excitement of finding and raising new Digimon, completing the intricate story lines to make each individual Digimon join the city, playing the battle arena, item hunting, fishing, playing with your Digimon, and countless other activities to do, all the while remaining a firm challenge as the game gets harder alongside you.

Ape Escape 2 is such an incredibly fun game. It's one of those games that you don't have to think too hard about (until you start chasing after the secret monkeys, then you have to think very hard :p), and yet it's just so much fun to play. There's so many different weapons to collect and use keeping the game incredibly fresh with each new level, there's great fun in replaying old levels after meeting the monkey quota to clear them fully and then do time trails on them, there's a huge amount of different monkey types that you come across in the game meaning you always have to keep on your toes, the levels are very well thought out and exciting to play, the secret monkeys are an amazing addition, the Freaky Monkey 5 are hilarious and great bosses, Spectre is a wonderful bad guy, the methods of obtaining some monkeys are a heck of a lot of fun, the quirky monkeys that put up a real challenge when you go after them keep the game difficult and exciting, and there are so many different types of levels and collectables and anything you can think of that this game is just utterly amazing. Whether you want to use a remote control car (or tissues/sushi if you unlock them xD) to drive out monkeys, lure them in with a bananarang, beat them with a stun club or even collide into them with your dash hoop, there's so much fun to have when catching monkeys in Ape Escape. What really makes number 2 stand out though is the mini-games - I could spend hours playing Monkey Football, let alone the rest of the game. xD Ahh, I'll never forget you Shiho <3

Honourable mentions that were soooo close to making the list include H.E.D.Z (shame about all the glitches or this'd be #1 for sure, it's my favourite game to play and you can play it countless times but it's such an old game that the huge number of glitches spoils it), Borderlands (an amazing game with unlimited replay value, I just resent having to pay for bonus areas), Grandia 2 (simply not as good as Grandia 1), all Ratchet & Clank games (#3 in particular), Crash Team Racing (not quite enough content to make the top 3), all the Ape Escape games (they were all seriously amazing but number 2 was best <3) and many, many more that I haven't remembered for some reason or another. x]

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
My favorite games would have to be:

Gungrave - Merciless gun-slinging action and lively gun battles. The game is fun and quite addictive, along with the cel-shaded graphics, distinct art, and story and by Trigun creator Yasuhiro Naito. It all adds in so well.

Dig Dug/Mr. Driller series - This series has some of the most addicting gameplay I've ever experienced. Much different than most games today.

Super Bomberman series - A set of five games great to play with friends.

Dragon Ball Z 2/ Budokai 2 - I loved this game the most out of the three. Mostly for the story mode, updated gameplay, and pretty nice cel-shaded graphics. It's good to just come from school and just settle down with a match or two.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is probably the first thing that comes to mind. It's such a great game, and it's timeless. The prequel was really enjoyable too, but TTYD was absolutely amazing. I just love playing as a paper version of Mario, and the graphics are great for how simple the game structure is. There's tons of humour, and a lot of diversity in terms of people and places. There were lots of badges and stuff to collect. Hopefully Sticker Star will be a good addition to the series :D

The Mega Man Zero series' games were so cool, and they still are. Tons of features, great story, great graphics (especially for the GBA) and re-playability.

Pokémon Gold, Silver, & Crystal... everything was just perfect.. I don't have much else to say. Gold was my first Pokémon game and its successors haven't lived up to it (aside from HG/SS, of course), in my opinion. Timeless.

Tales of Symphonia; although I don't remember much from the game as it was years ago, my main memory from this game was that it was epic.

Monster Hunter Tri is also a beautiful game. It's so immersive and the monsters are just awesome. I love everything about this game... would have been AWESOME if it was on PS3/360 (better online play, better graphics, faster engine, etc.)

Skyrim; I'm just overwhelmed by how much stuff is in this game, and the fact that you can mod it on the PC, adding even more gameplay. You can have a handful of playthroughs using different mods, and it will feel like an entirely different game.

There are waayyy more, but my post would be huge to describe them all. Some honourable mentions (well, stuff I'm too lazy to describe) are Final Fantasy V, Phoenix Wright, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and A2, the Mega Man Battle Network series, etc.

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
Years
It's easy for me. While I like a lot of games, there is only one that I never get tired of: Final Fantasy VI. The plot is great, it features an awesome villain who, IMO, is the greatest of the series (Sephiroth being a close second). There is a nice blend of humor and seriousness to the storyline. It features a large array of playable characters (14 total), each one with a unique skill. It also features a major plot shift that makes the game even more exciting.

To any person who likes Final Fantasy and has not played it before, I highly suggest you try it. It won't disappoint!

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
Years
My favorite game of all time was Way of the Samurai for Ps2 but I couldn't really have a chance to finish it as I could only see my friend a certain amount of time a year. My other favorite was Digimon world 3 for Ps1, it was one of my favorites when I finished clearing Yellow and needed a break from my gameboy.

Years
In my time I have played 1000s of games but only a few Make me go "Wow!"

The first (and most Important) has to be Pokemon Silver (Gold and Crystal) Pokemon started when I was a small kid so I have been a follower from the start but I was to young when it first started and missed out on Red and Blue. then one Christmas I got a Gameboy Colour Pokmeon special edition and Pokemon Silver, it was the first video game I ever played and it is still the best.

Next I have the FIFA Series,
While I have been a fan of Football my whole life I never really started playing FIFA until FIFA 10 and every day I will play FIFA no matter how many problems there are in it, to me it is great!

As an XBOX360 Gamer I feel the need to say Halo.
One of the most important Video Game franchises in the world (Also one of the best)

There are a few that I played with friends on Split-Screen that still stand out to me:
Worms 4: Mayhem
TimeSplitters Future Perfect
007 Nightfire.

Honest

Hi!
Years
1)Resident Evil 4 - My first and favorite horror game. It introduced me to the whole franchise, and now I'm in love.

2)Dead Space 2 - I'll admit, I haven't played the first yet. But the whole storyline with the Markers is ridiculously interesting.

3)Pokemon - I've loved Pokemon all my life. So of course it's on this list!

NatureKeeper

• GBA: Pokemon LeafGreen - Being a younger fan, this game was my childhood. That's why most of the nostalgia in SoulSilver was actually due to Kanto.
  • PS2: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - It had this magical appeal that was lacking in GTA3 and Vice City- and to be frank the only reason I bought the PS2.
  • DS: Pokemon SoulSilver - See LeafGreen, plus I love the deeper integration of the Touch Screen.
  • Wii: I had an uninteresting library for this console, so nothing really interested me but maybe MKWii.
  • 3DS: (So far) Mario Kart 7, I have never truly enjoyed Mario Kart before this. Though the online could do with some fixing, mine doesn't connect for some reason.
  • All-Time: Pokemon LeafGreen. What wouldn't I do for another copy...

Last edited:

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
Excluding Pokemon? Let's see...

Minecraft: I've played Minecraft for a few years now and it never gets old. I'm apart of a few communities and it's really a good time.

Spyro the Dragon: Ah, the memories. I've played the series as a child and fell in love.

Last edited:
Years
I sat thinking about this for a while, and I didn't want to come up with a list of games so I tried narrowing it down to just one. If I had to pick just one, I would say that my favorite video game is Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (for Genesis/Mega Drive, depending on where you're from).

This is one of the first games that I can remember playing from about the age of 4, even if I wasn't very good at it back then. I think I worked at it until I was about 8 or 9 when I finally beat it for the first time. Even to this day, I'll fire up my emulator to play Sonic 2 at least twice a month. I think that it is quite the achievement that a game still has replay value nearly 20 years after it was released. I think the simplicity and it being so easy to pick up and play made me a fan of it in the first place, and kept me coming back.

Second and third on my list would probably be the Pokemon games and the NHL series, respectively.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Out of the favorite games, I have a list:

Crash Team Racing: without a doubt my most favorite game ever. I really loved this game as a kid, and I've improved so much over the years.

Megaman Battle Network series: Capcom should have never killed this off. Starforce just flat out sucks, because I preferred 2d over 3d.

Bomberman Series: I remember loving these games as a kid. Favorite out of the series is Super Bomberman 2 by a long shot.

Zelda the Minish Cap: first Zelda game I ever bought, and I loved it. This is what got me inspired into the Zelda series.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm just gonna make a quick Top 5 if you don't mind!

5. Super Mario Bros 3
This was my first favorite game, if that makes sense. I remember liking it cause I was 3...and it was 3...yeah it's good logic at that age, k? But this game is still lots of fun to play. I played it on SNES at my maw maw's house, and I currently have the GBA port and the NES version on Virtual Console. Fun stuff, no matter what!

4. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
This is what my childhood was all about, haha. It was my first Kirby game and still is my favorite in the series. It's tons of fun, the level designs are great, the music is awesome, and I love fusing powers together. I remember renting this game because there was nothing else that interested me and I was mindblown. I told my best friend "Dude, you gotta play this! I know it's crazy, but it's a pink blob that can fly, spit, and take enemy powers and fuse them with others!" lol We were so addicted to this game. I did end up getting my own copy, btw. :)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
This is my favorite Zelda game everrrr even before I played it. I remember just reading trophies in Melee about this game and I had already created Hyrule in my mind without playing the game...it just seemed so dark and interesting. When I finally played the game in...2004...lol...I was still in awe, despite the game being pretty dated at the time. I think it aged well though. But yeah, amazing game that I really don't need to explain further. Overrated as well, but for a damn good reason.

2. Pokemon Emerald Version
Pokemon is my favorite series, I'm sure I've said that plenty of times haha. But this game is one I can come back to any time and never seem to get bored of. I already loved Sapphire, and Emerald came in and just cranked the amp up to 11 and made it so much better. All them double battles! Yum.

1. Mother 3
Fantastic game. Addicting gameplay, witty dialogue, spectacular detail for a GBA game, wonderful music, and the story...anyone that's played it will know what I'm talking about. It is a crying shame this game wasn't released outside Japan, it really is. :(

k bye!

Back