• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Game?

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
  • 1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    I have not played a game with a world as living, as breathing, and as immersive as this. I've played a lot of modern games, and the newer Zelda games, but Majora's Mask was a game that really left an impression. It's also very underrated.
    But understandable; most people played Majora's Mask as kids, and that game required a more mature mind in order to fully understand and appreciate it.
    2. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
    One of the most impressive games I have ever played. As the title says, it really was quite a strange journey. The adventure lasts as long as 80 hours and beyond, an impressive amount of time for a game on the DS. I just wish that more people played this game.
    3. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I've completed alone, and boy was it awesome. Many people found the ocean to be annoying, but I loved it! I spent many hours getting all the sculptures, charting the sea, and completing the main quest.
    4. Pokemon Platiumn
    Even though Pearl was my first game, Platiumn vastly improved it. I played through it and loved every bit of it. I think it also had the best music of all games so far.
    5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    I think this game was awesome. I don't get why people call this a wannabe-Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time clone, but this game was a masterpiece. It has my favorite songs out of any Zelda games. I admit that it was absurdly easy, though.

Honorable mentions:
    The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
    Morrowind was a really really awesome game, but to be honest, I couldn't play it without mods.
    Fallout 3
    This would've definitely beaten out Fallout NV if it weren't for the fact that my PC isn't exactly fit for gaming, and I don't got any other gaming console. A notable amount of Fallout 3's appeal comes from the great setting. It's really difficult to enjoy that setting when you have the graphic settings at a painfully low resolution. It also kept crashing, which also really took it out of my true favorite list.
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    I love Ocarina of Time, it was a great game, but once the Nostalgia Goggles are off, it's easy to see that although it is great, it is also flawed and very archaic compared to the later games. It's still a good game, nonetheless.
    Monster Hunter Tri
    The best game on the Wii! Well, besides Skyward Sword. The only problem I had with this game was that it got repetitive after a couple of missions, and the slow start is a no-no.

Last edited:

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • Where to start, these aren't really in a specific order mainly because all games have something special to it's fans and makes them want to come back to several of their games.

1. Okami- Quite clearly one of the best Zelda clones you will probably ever find. The environment is very immersive, the audio quality is just near perfect, the art style is great, there really is just little to hate about it. Don't know what else I need to say about it, must have for a Zelda fan.

2. Zelda the Wind Waker- I find to be a pretty critisized Zelda game at times mainly though it's art style. I love it personally. And also tossed aside for the boat concept when a Zelda game is suppose to be immersive and trying to place a sense of atmosphere (AKA your not suppose to be going through the game as quick as possible, your suppose to be taking your time to enjoy everything that the game is given to you). Ranting aside, it's one of my favorite Zelda games and quite possibly one of my favorite games. So much to explore and do giving a sense of adventure and environment. Dungeons were fun, music was great, game-play was pretty fun, and I don't think anyone can deny the moments of finding Hyrule under the sea and discovering Princess Zelda as well, all with very fitting music playing.

3. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete- An incredibly overlooked masterpiece. Very, very few people probably actually know about it or know what I'm talking about. It almost captured what a JRPG was meant to do perfectly. The music is just simply incredible and fits the setting very well. The story got pretty deep but also took a nice mixture of comedy to go along with it. The characters actually did that annoying cliche of "troubled past" very well, .... which is saying something coming from me. Though the plot element comes into effect at certain parts, it was hidden through their very colorful personalities and caused some very nice moments within the game. It just felt it simply took everything that's good about a JRPG and placed it into one game while leaving out exactly what annoys me so much about them.

4. Pokemon Black- It's my favorite Pokemon game as of now. The music is some of the best within a Pokemon game. I literally want to live on Skynarrow Bridge. xD It also has some of my personal favorite Pokemon. Some that include Excadrill, Serperior, Reshiram, The three Musketeer legendaries including Keldeo the student, Emoga, Cinccino, Kyurem, Swoobat (yeah, I said it, I like Swoobat xD) Joltik, Axew, and really just too many to name. I also loved how the story actually felt present, and don't even get me started with the ending to all of it. It's just so... touching ;_; Also, it feels like the engine is just really at it's peak making almost all the stats/moves actually feel like it's worth something giving it loads of variety. For once, it feels like I can pretty much use every Pokemon that the game gave to us in a team if I wanted to.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • The more I think about it, the more I come back to Paper Mario. Now, I've only played through the game two times. Once on N64 and a second on Virtual Console. I just find that it has an atmosphere that I haven't been able to find in a game since. It's not just nostalgia, as I've played it more recently... but I do feel it brings me back to a time when I enjoyed gaming a lot more than I do now.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • As much as I hate Black Ops its hilarious to do combat training on recruit and kill them 100 times before they kill you ha. But now to be serious. I'm not into those fantasy games so I would have to say Midnight Club Los Angeles and Battlefield 3 even tho I don't own the game but still play it.

Dr. Fizzle

Soda Lovin' Professor
    Years
  • Mario Kart 64: I love the game, love trolling my friends in the game! Try playing Toads Turnpike on extra!
    Zelda Twilight Princess: The first Zelda game I finished, without any help, and the graphics were pretty amazing.

TY

Forgot to add Midnight Club: Los Angeles...
    Bodykits usually suck on it, but the vinyl customization is perfectly epic :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'll try to keep it short...

My favorite game of all time is for PC's, its Sim City 4 - I love all the various features of the game. BTW Sim City 4 is a city building game, I'm addicted to it. Everything from trying recreate real-world cities, lots of transportation options, and one area called U-Drive-It. It also has the option of downloading lots of new buildings/vehicles/terrain mods to change the aspect of the game. I tried all the other Sim City games and only the original and this version are the ones I loved the most

Another game I can't get enough of is Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. It is the very first game I played (way back in 1994 or 1995, with my grandma too). I still remember all the great memories of coming back from school, finishing homework, and playing the game. The main story of the game is lots of aliens (known as woolies) have stolen all the yarn balls from earth, and the main player (Bubsy, an anthromorphic bob cat) has to retrieve them back. My grandma and I still play the game, but not on the original SNES anymore (don't know what happened to it) I found it in a SNES emulator, and SNES USB controller.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I'm still a fan of the GTA series games, I played all of them. Not sure what more to say about it, other than it rocks, has great Grunge music too.

And like with many others on here, I cannot forget the Pokemon games. I try to play them all, but I don't have Nintendo DS, and the computer that works great for emulation (which is in my grandma's room) has no internet. I still love playing Leaf Green and Sapphire.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Favorite game huh?

1. Yoshi's Island- I remember the times I played this over & over & over again back on SNES. It was amazing. I loved the gameplay, the replay value of it & everything. I once had the DS version of it but it got stolen before I even got past World 1 :(
    2. Star Fox: Assault/Adventure- I put these two together for one reason. KRYSTAL! I absolutely love Krystal. Adventure was an amazing game, but Assault, for me, was my favorite due to choosing her for Multiplayer! Adventure=Amazing Game, Assault=Krystal time! ;)
    3. Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl- This is probably my most played game in the history of my gaming life. lol I've played Melee a bunch of times, with Fox of course. I love how fast pace action Melee is & everything about it is just perfect. However, Brawl has more to do, if they ever combine the Melee mechanics & the stuff they have in Brawl, this SSB game would be my absolute #1 of all time!
    4. Mario Kart Franchise- Absolute my best game ever. I'm a diehard NASCAR fan, so I was born to simply be involved with anything racing haha. Anyway, Mario Kart is just real enjoyable. The only kart game I never really completely spent over a month playing of is probably the original one, from SNES. I had it when it was new, but the Yoshi's Island game had my attention way more. I love Mario Kart Wii & 7 with a passion, but Double Dash was by far the easiest Kart racing game I have ever played. I wish they would combine the choices in Mario Kart Wii with the option to do Double Dash or solo kart/bike racing. Would amazing
    5. Battlefield Franchise- If this was a year ago, this game would be #1. Simply because I've spent so much time with the battlefield franchise, keeping myself on the top 50 on the leaderboard for kills & scores in Bad Company 2 on the Xbox 360, it was like everything else in life just didn't matter. All in all, I had great friends & nothing ever feels better than winning....& boosting up your K/D with spawn trapping of course! That's all I can say about that. It was a huge heartbreak what Microsoft did to my gamertag, because I had to let it go after my Gold expired. Thus could no longer pay US $ to play online & had to make a new one. (Which I did make the 2nd account to a level 50 in it, right before I sold my 360 entirely).

Back