View Full Version : Don't think too hard, Patrick.

January 15th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Do you like to ponder things more than you have to, or do you prefer to just get the thing done and move on?

Noah Ridgewood
January 15th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I ponder things much more than I have to.

Sweets Witch
January 15th, 2013, 10:58 PM
There are a good portion of things that I take at face value, but if I'm in the middle of watching a really good show I find myself overthinking it every second I'm not watching it. My Twitter's full of such ramblings.

January 15th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I ponder on things a lot. Sometimes to the point that I leave what I'm pondering about to the last minute and everything is a shamble. Sometimes it's good though. It allows me to map out the positive and the negatives, the advantages and disadvantages of the things I have to do, so I know while I'm doing it, what I need to focus on and how I need to approach certain things.

January 16th, 2013, 4:34 AM
If it's really important to my life, I would. Like how will this things help change my life(religious stuff) or what would my next art will be.

Nearsighted king of Ice
January 16th, 2013, 6:35 AM
I tend to over think things, I don't know why...and thanks to that I tend to get answers wrong.

January 16th, 2013, 6:38 AM
I don't really think of things I just do it anyway.

January 16th, 2013, 6:41 AM
Like Nathan, I ponder a lot. So much to the point that I simply worry about it. When that happens, I just sit there by myself with no distractions and think clearly, hoping those thoughts get themselves together.

January 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I don't think about things too much, but there are times when I overthink.

January 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I tend to overthink things, it tends to drive me crazy, as I dont like to make decisions quickly, thinking they will be the wrong decisions.

January 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I try not to ponder about things more that I have to but that's a lot easier said than done. Sometimes I succeed, but many times I do not.

January 16th, 2013, 3:08 PM
I overthink stuff and end up being stressed over stupid things. I:

January 16th, 2013, 4:51 PM
I really do overthink things. I tend to think a lot about (worst possible) scenarios and solutions to them.. It's a pretty bad habit as it gets me stressed, worried, and drained!

January 16th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Far too much. Bad things tend to stew in my mind, which makes it worse. It's so bad my boss points it out. "You over-think things and then you worry too much!!" Story of my life, really. :( I really wish I could just move on, but noooo.

Shining Raichu
January 18th, 2013, 6:11 AM
I ponder on things a lot in that I extract everything negative I possibly can from it and worry about every one of those aspects.

I got promoted yesterday and I spent two hours worrying about the potential negatives that could come from it :P

January 19th, 2013, 9:12 PM
It depends on the situation. Usually, I move on in an instant, but when I'm alone and I have nothing to do, I ponder over it for quite some time. Then after that, I forget about it completely.

It's like a routine for me.

January 20th, 2013, 7:44 AM
I overthink stuff all the time, and it gets people pretty frusturated at me when I'm taking forever to finish something.

January 20th, 2013, 4:43 PM
I have the habit of wanting to make sure I absolutely will not regret a decision, along with making sure I plan for every possible outcome (that I can think of) of something, so yeah...I definitely tend to overthink things.

Does lead to quite a bit of anxiety at times. After all these years, I would have thought I'd have learned not to do that so much, but alas. :P

January 20th, 2013, 4:58 PM
I used to be a real cautious kid, thinking and overthinking everything before I set everything to motion. For reasons beyond my comprehension, lately I've been more "act first, ask questions later"-ish. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've grown weary of hyperobserving things to the point where I'm just being loony. Granted, it's not a good way to think, not always, anyway. It cost me a friend this week, as a matter of fact. And yerp, I'm not happy.

January 21st, 2013, 9:14 AM
I am highly risk averse, and I like planning things down to the tiniest of details before I act...IF I act. Half the time I convince myself that it isn't worth acting upon...which, of course, is the point of the exercise much of the time. Regret is a complete waste of time, so I prefer to ensure I don't regret anything by making damn sure that if I'm going to do something, it is worth doing...or not worth doing, as the case may be.

In an abstract sense, I like contemplating things as well - brooding, most would call it, although I'd like to think I've moved beyond my broody teen stage and that I'm just reflective - so I spend more time thinking than doing as often as not. I'm a dreadfully dull individual.

January 23rd, 2013, 4:21 PM
I tend to think a lot about stuff and think it through to make sure I get the desired result xD

Ephemeral Euphoria
January 23rd, 2013, 4:23 PM
Son, I ponder things constantly even as I'm typing up this post. You can never be too prepared for anything.

January 24th, 2013, 6:19 PM
I usually ponder over the different outcomes of a situation, but nothing else really.

Mr Cat Dog
January 28th, 2013, 4:07 AM
Nope. Once I've made up my mind to something, I'm strangely committed to it and move on to the next decision I need to make. When I was younger I'd probably think more about stuff that didn't really need it, but now I just haven't got the time. Gotta keep on truckin'!

January 28th, 2013, 3:22 PM
I ponder things much more than I have to.

Pretty much this. Not everything by far but some things usually, it can even be distressful sometimes.