• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Songs that make you cry.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yay for new threads!

What's a song that's made you cry? Whether it's made you cry in the past, or it makes you cry now.

This is really the only example I can think of that's made me cry. I'm not sure why. I remember listening to it for the first time and just crying. For about fifteen or so listens, every time it got to (about) the 2:26 mark, it made me start to cry.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The only one I can think of, even today I can't seem to finish listening to, is Pantera's Cemetary Gates. Ever since Dimebad Darrel was shot and killed on stage, don't know why but the way it sounds like - I have to stop listening to it, my eyes will start filling up with tears.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    This one gets me every time. I lost a really close friend that I had a huge crush on when I was a freshman and college and this song makes me think of her ;-;

Last Kiss by Pearl Jam

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The only song that really makes me cry nowadays is Pickup Truck by Kings of Leon. Reminds me of a relationship I had with someone and reminds me of the mistakes I made during it, and he always said that song was how he felt about us. It's not a particularly sad song, but with the backstory, that's what gets me. Just reminds me of old times. I have it on my phone, but never listen to it. I used to never skip it because it made me happy. It only brings me sadness now.

Years
  • Only two tracks made my cry in my entire life. Surprisingly they were from Pokemon and that were:

Spoiler:

And

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This song still reminds me of a guy I met long time ago. And the situation was so heart-wrenching so I don't really feel good when I listen to this song. It still makes me feel sad. Doesn't help that it's a really beautiful Swedish song too ^^

Spoiler:

Years
  • There's been a few songs that made me cry for a little while after I first heard them, mostly due to them being emotionally charged and making me nostalgic and all that...not so much anymore though, unless I'm being extremely nostalgic whenever I listen to them.

There is still one song that will make me cry regardless, however...

Spoiler:

That song, that exact video. Didn't even matter that I didn't understand the language at all - I bawled when I was first shown this (and looking up translations just made it worse). It's the one song that will still make me cry every time I listen to it. Or sometimes even think it.

TY

There are two songs that did that to me (i was really depressed and it released my emotions really hard) and those are:

Anna Yvette - ScarS
    OverHertz - Into The Embers

Years
  • Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole

Spoiler:

There are a lot of memories and feelings that this song brings up. And it's a beautiful song. It doesn't help my eyes stay dry to know that he died before his time. It's one of those things that make you think about what you've lost and what you have and the past and the future and yeah. Just plucks at my heartstrings.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020

how a real man cries.
    it doesn't sound like much, i know, but listen to the end. to the last 30 seconds.

Years
  • This one gets me every time. I lost a really close friend that I had a huge crush on when I was a freshman and college and this song makes me think of her ;-;
    Last Kiss by Pearl Jam

Oh wow.. I too have cried to this. ;( Haha.

A couple would be;
    Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Stay Together for the Kids - Blink 182
    Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Wake me up when September Ends - Green Day
    Gone Away - The Offspring
    Adams Song - Blink 182
    With Me -Sum 41

There is more, but these are the ones I listened to the most. Music has really helped me get through some tough events in my life.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I don't even know why but this song always used to get to me haha. It's one of those songs that you can really hear his passion and sadness in it, combined with the story of the lyrics... it's just touching I guess. It's a song I've always adored due to the pretty guitar and his spectacular voice, but it's always meant a lot to me for reasons that I just can't work out haha.

Shangahyando

The odd one.
    Years
  • Nightwish- Angels Fall First.

No URLs before 15 psts :| It's here: /watch?v=n6TYwXhJpLY

Every time I hear it I cry like a little kid. Its text isn't really complicated, but very moving.
    Song about losing a close person. Very sad and personal thing Lines
    "Not relieved by thougts of Shangri-La
    Nor enlightened by lessons of Christ"
    show that any faith (I mean religion), neighter live conception can't comfort in that moment... oh Lord, why angels fall first?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Everything about "The I Love You Song" from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is pretty much designed to make me cry. The melody, the harmonies, the sheer emotional heft, the lyrics... everything. It's the only song that can do this in me, but it's a doozy in that regard.

Back