• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sky High: Flying-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • O84y4rH.png

for_the_flying_types_by_lynxgriffin-d61i0pz.jpg

Flying Type Pokemon are all over. A lot of powerful Pokemon have this as their second type and it comes in handy a lot. They are immune to moves like Earthquake and resist all the fighting moves that people seem to love using in battling. Also, they have access to the most useful HM. Fly. I hope you enjoy this club and participate! Thanks :3

Rules:
    1. Follow All PC's and Pokemon Clubs' Rules.
    2. Do not Troll, Spam or Harass any other members.
    3. Try and stay as active as possible!
    4. Everyone can choose a partner Pokemon!
    5. Have fun!

Sign-Up Form:
    Username:
    Partner Pokemon:
    Reason for Joining:
    Answer the Current Topic:

List of Flying-Type Pokemon:

charizard.png
    butterfree.png
    pidgey.png
    pidgeotto.png
    pidgeot.png
    spearow.png
    fearow.png
    zubat.png
    golbat.png
    crobat.png
    farfetchd.png
    doduo.png
    dodrio.png
    scyther.png
    gyarados.png
    aerodactyl.png
    articuno.png
    zapdos.png
    moltres.png
    dragonite.png
    ledyba.png
    ledian.png
    togetic.png
    togekiss.png
    natu.png
    xatu.png
    hoppip.png
    skiploom.png
    jumpluff.png
    yanma.png
    yanmega.png
    murkrow.png
    honchkrow.png
    gligar.png
    gliscor.png
    delibird.png
    mantyke.png
    mantine.png
    skarmory.png
    lugia.png
    ho-oh.png
    beautifly.png
    taillow.png
    swellow.png
    wingull.png
    pelipper.png
    masquerain.png
    ninjask.png
    Spr_5b_127.png
    swablu.png
    altaria.png
    tropius.png
    salamence.png
    rayquaza.png
    starly.png
    staravia.png
    staraptor.png
    mothim.png
    combee.png
    vespiquen.png
    drifloon.png
    drifblim.png
    chatot.png
    rotom-fan.png
    shaymin-sky.png
    pidove.png
    tranquill.png
    unfezant.png
    woobat.png
    swoobat.png
    sigilyph.png
    archen.png
    archeops.png
    ducklett.png
    swanna.png
    emolga.png
    rufflet.png
    braviary.png
    vullaby.png
    mandibuzz.png
    tornadus-incarnate.png
    tornadus-therian.png
    landorus-incarnate.png
    landorus-therian.png
    thundurus-incarnate.png
    thundurus-therian.png
    fletchling.png
    fletchinder-png.3870
    talonflame_by_chrischai7990-d6i1lyd.png
    scratch_vivillon_pokemon_sprite_by_ozone_o3-d68o7uk.png
    hawlucha.png
    714.gif
    noivern_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6pq1h6.png
    Yveltal.png

Members List:
    -Puddle -
    018.gif

-Olli -
    016.gif

-Wicked3Ds -
    169.gif

-CloysterOyster -
    715.png

-AoTora -
    468.gif

-Kameken -
    715.png

-Flushed -
    415.gif

-Hikamaru -
    587.png

-Superstrength79 -
    083.gif

-Sheep -
    334.gif

Userbars:
    JHm3zTn.png

Current Topic(s):
    What is your Favorite Flying Type Pokemon and Why?
    Do you use Flying Type Pokemon competitively?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Yay Flying types!

Username: Olli
    Partner Pokemon: Pidgey!
    Reason for Joining: Hands down one of my favourite typings. To be fair, most of the cause of that is probably from Pidgey's team effort, but I always use the starter birds, and I've always loved them, and coupling that together with all the other Flying types I've used during my time playing Pokemon, it's safe to say that this typing is high up there on my favourites list. They may often be relatively weak, and fall off the further you get into the game, but my team just feels incomplete without one. And seriously, Fly is one of the most important HM's to have ever been introduced, it'd suck to not have someone who can use it. Generally, I usually always have a spot reserved for Flying types, even if it may usually be occupied by the starter birds :p

Been telling this story a million times, but eh. Pidgey's always been my favourite, both for Flying types and between all Pokemon. Well maybe Charmander might've been my favourite in the 10 minutes that went before I caught my first Pidgey. But it's the first Pokemon I remember catching and training to level 100, and I quickly grew attached to it in whatever playthrough this might've been (pretty sure it was the first in which I ever actually beat the game). There may not be much special about it, but I've just always really liked it, and the fact that it was the first one I ever remember catching just solidified that bond. So I guess there isn't much of a specific reason, considering it honestly isn't that strong coimpared to a lot of other Flying types. But yeah :p

also bird jesus

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Username: Wicked3DS
    Partner Pokemon: Crobat
    Reason for Joining: There are a lot of cool Flying-type Pokémon, so I like them a lot.
    Answer the Current Topic: Gosh, there's too many. Probably between Crobat and Charizard, honestly. Moltres is my favorite Flying-type legendary (and favorite legendary overall).

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Name: CloysterOyster
    Partner Pokemon: Noivern
    Reason for joining: Flying Pokemon got me around places when I was younger. Gotta love them.
    Answer the current topic: Can't say I have a favorite Flying-type, but I do fancy the Kanto legendary birds and Lugia and Ho-Oh as well.

Here is all 3 of my Flying monotype teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: AoTora
    Partner Pokemon: Togekiss!
    Reason for Joining: It's my second favourite type right after normal one :) I love to use fly a lot ~ so as soon as I get it in game I keep it till the end ^_^
    Answer the Current Topic:

What is your favourite flying type and why? Togekiss! Why? I honestly don't know - but I've used it a lot lately -I like it's design and I like metronome lol but yeah it's fun to use and I love normal/flying type combination ~ I also love Togekiss's ability. Close after him are Staraptor, Swoobat and Swanna ^_^

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Username: Kameken
    Partner Pokemon: Noivern
    Reason for Joining: There's a certain grace and feel to flying types that makes them seem more special than types like dragon or water. They're capable of speeding past many threats, taking out fighting types handily, and even becoming invulnerable when flying at their peak, something not many can boast. Even when flying type is a burden, it can be quickly removed with a smartly placed roost.

Noivern is a quick, sleek, and well designed flyer, and my main noivern, Bills, has helped me get through more than his fair share of losing battles.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Username: Flushed
    Partner Pokemon: Combee
    Reason for Joining: It's about time I join a club.
    Answer the Current Topic: Combee lol. It's adorable and that obviously trumps all competitive aspects (otherwise I would've picked Hawlucha or Staraptor). There are actually quite a lot of pokemon I'd pick haha.

Years
  • Yay new Flying-type club is up! Gonna join right now.

Username: Hikamaru
    Partner Pokemon: Emolga
    Reason for joining: I joined the previous Flying-type clubs, so why not do it again? But also, I love Flying Pokemon because it's the only type to have had a dual typing with every other type plus they are versatile and can learn some very useful moves. Oh, and they can hit anything in triple battles, even on the out-of-reach end of the field, which is something most other types can rarely do.

Emolga is definitely my absolute fave Flying-type due to being so adorable, plus it's an electric rodent which I love so much. Some of my other faves include Vivillon, the butterfly that comes in loads of different wing patterns, Togekiss which is cute and a strong attacker with solid defenses, Altaria because I love its cloud wings and it's a beautiful Pokemon to look at. Sigilyph for its design and ability to play offensive and defensive quite well. Also, Talonflame and Staraptor for being pretty strong early-route birds, both are quite hard-hitters. Yeah I have so many fave Flying Pokemon!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Added you all!
    Anyways, I guess I'll state my Favorite Flying Pokemon!
    I think I have to go with Charizard. I love the dragon design and I've used it so many times and it's helped me so much, that I can't just not say Charizard.

P.S. Thanks for the Sprite Wicked3DS.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • 658.png

Username: Superstrength79
    Partner Pokemon: Greninja (Protean counts, right?)
    Reason for Joining: Gotta Join 'Em All!
    Answer the Current Topic: Farfetch'd is my favorite Flying-type. The eyebrows get me every time {<3}

658.png

EDIT: Most likely I can't choose Greninja, so mark me for Farfetch'd hehe

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • 658.png

Username: Superstrength79
    Partner Pokemon: Greninja (Protean counts, right?)
    Reason for Joining: Gotta Join 'Em All!
    Answer the Current Topic: Farfetch'd is my favorite Flying-type. The eyebrows get me every time {<3}

658.png

EDIT: Most likely I can't choose Greninja, so mark me for Farfetch'd hehe

Unfortunately, no it's main type is Water/Dark. However, that was a very good try! :D. You're welcome to use him in a water or dark type fan club ;).

Anyways, welcome to the club! I didn't realize how adorable Farfetch'd was until now!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Even though it never evolves, I'm always content to use a Farfetch'd. They can learn so many high-critical hits! I used one in a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Y (the in-game trade with the NPC) and he survived until I beat the game. Great speed and Brave Bird destroys so many things :)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Farfetch'd is really underrated, especially with leaf blade. Still a shame game freak doesn't give it attention, though.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Yeahh, Farfetch'd is one of those Pokemon I feel like should get more attention. To be fair, I feel like a lot of the bird Pokemon that aren't starter birds generally don't get much recognition, but I'd love to see Game Freak fix that somehow :o Farfetch'd and Skarmory are two Pokemon I'd love to see them do something more with, especially with Farfetch'd. I reckon it'd get a bit more recognition if just had something to build up people's interest, but since there's already better choices for Flying types, it's just left in the dark D: So yeah, an evolution would definitely help it.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'd like to see some pure Flying-type Pokemon. The eventual Eevee evolution will be mono-type, but something other than a legendary needs to be pure at least once.

I understand the mixing with Normal-type for birds... but there has to be something they can come up with.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I'd like to see some pure Flying-type Pokemon. The eventual Eevee evolution will be mono-type, but something other than a legendary needs to be pure at least once.

I understand the mixing with Normal-type for birds... but there has to be something they can come up with.

I really don't wanna see more Eeveelutions unless we get more types.
    There seems to be too many, imo.

I would like more pure Flying Types. That whole Normal/Flying combo takes away the resistance of fighting moves which are a big part in almost every game.

Years
  • Yeahh, Farfetch'd is one of those Pokemon I feel like should get more attention. To be fair, I feel like a lot of the bird Pokemon that aren't starter birds generally don't get much recognition, but I'd love to see Game Freak fix that somehow :o Farfetch'd and Skarmory are two Pokemon I'd love to see them do something more with, especially with Farfetch'd. I reckon it'd get a bit more recognition if just had something to build up people's interest, but since there's already better choices for Flying types, it's just left in the dark D: So yeah, an evolution would definitely help it.

I always think Farfetch'd needs more love, particularly given one of the moves he learns is the strong Grass-type move Leaf Blade. However, I love how X/Y made Farfetch'd slightly more better for the early part of the game, thanks to that one you get in a trade in Santalune City, which comes with the perfect-accuracy Flying-type move Aerial Ace. It's pretty much there to help you beat the first Gym and also becomes pretty handy at catching stuff too thanks to being able to use False Swipe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back