• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ow! That hurts!

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    So, since I'm going to have a tooth pulled tomorrow, answer me a question: What's the worst dental experience you've had?

For me it was when my dentist pulled 3 teeth a couple of months ago. Or when I got my braces on.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Ooh, this is the perfect thread for me. ><

My worst one would had to have been when I busted my two front teeth on our coffee table when I was eight. That was so incredibly painful and bloody. ;_; I had to go to the dentist so many times that year so he could fix it. Ever once in a while my caps still do fall off... <<;

The second would be getting my braces off... not on, off. Getting them on didn't hurt at all. When my orthodontist went to remove them, he wasn't gentle at all and basically ripped them from my teeth, they are cemented on, mind you. o_o; I was afraid he'd break my caps off again... luckily he didn't...

Years
  • I think... it was when I kept getting my braces tightened. They were all sore. I almost turned to medicine. (I don't like taking medicine ^^; ). There was one time I did, I think it was when they were tightened...
    When I got my teeth pulled, it didn't hurt at all. My lip was just numb. o_o;;

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
  • Hewwo^^,, My worst dental expierence was when I was 10 years old and I had eaten alot of candy and sugary sweets ^^,, all of a sudden I had a bad toothache ><
    I was in some really bad pain,, The next day my mom had to take me to the dentist cause the toothache gotten worst... When I got there.. the dentist said I had alot of cavities, so I had to get 4 fillings!! and Oh It hurted alot!!!! anyaway im happy now cause I dont get anumore cavities ^0^!!

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Er, I once had a mouth appliance that was rather painful. On the roof of my mouth was a metal piece that cause my tongue to split open due to a "U"-shaped cut. I believe I had the cut as a long as I had the appliance--as well as some time following its removal--but, after a time it did not cause pain.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Well,I haven't been to the dentist since I was 8 so yeah ^^;; but when I did I go to the dentist at the age of 8 it was because I was at Stater Bros. and I was standing on the edge of the shopping cart with a lot of heavy groceries inside and then it tipped over squashing me >.< and it loosened my two,top front teeth XD so they had to be taken out and it was painful >.<

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
  • When I was getting my braces off, I had a couple of teeth lose. And when the doctor pulled the braces, my teeth hurt like hell! It hurt so much!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I had braces for a few years because I had an impacted tooth, meaning one of my "adult" teeth was stuck in my gums. :O They had to cut open my gums, attach a bracket to the offending tooth, and then attach a chain from the bracket to my braces in order to slowly pull the tooth down. Of course, they froze my mouth so I couldn't really feel it, but afterwards it hurt. Plus, they had to do it again because a few days after the operation or whatever, the bracket fell off. @_@;; Apparently I was bleeding too much and they didn't attach it correctly. Fun, huh? :D

Eh, I think I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next summer. <_< I'm not really looking forward to that after the first-hand testimonies I've heard from two of my friends.

Sactourism3

Pachelbel Potato Canon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Most likely when I had 6 teeth including 2 extras pulled out all in one operation. They didn't seem to apply enough anesthesia so I could feel the people cutting at the top of my mouth >.< I had to arch my back to many times to keep myself from going crazy.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Good luck, Nine-chan. I've had 6 of mine pulled. Baby teeth, that is. :3 Nothing, I've never had braces or anything. And it doesn't hurt badly.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • I havent had many bad dentist experiences, but the worst would have been the time I had a cavity tooth pulled out. After that, about seven years ago, its been clear sailing. And I have no fillings either, since the teeth they were in all fell out. However, I am in need of braces something shocking, since my front-top-right tooth is bent.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Not many bad dental experiences from me... But there was one time that they pulled one of my teeth out. It wasn't loose or anything, it was just in the way of another tooth, so it had to be removed. Bah, it hurt a lot...

...At least I got a lollipop! *shot* o.o

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • How about when I had a tooth embedded 2 kilometres into my gum, and the end result was that they would have to put me under anaesthetic (I was young at the time)?

Water Spirit

~*Dancing In Dreams*~
    Years
  • Hmmm... my first one was when I was nine and I still had some of my baby teeth and the dentist said that he needed to examine one of the back ones because he wasn't sure if there was a problem with the adult tooth coming through underneath it. Anyway, he got out the huge drill and I was so scared! He made me cry. ;_;

Second, when I first got my braces and the dentist had to take moulds for my jaw. He thrust it so hard that I thought he was breaking my jaw and I was choking so much. All he said to me was 'just relax' - how could I relax?! *cries*

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • I have never had a bad dentist experiance. I take particularly good care of my teeth.

The worst one I can remember was at one appointment I had to pull out a loose tooth. Pulling teeth is one thing I just didn't do. So after an hour of pouting and moping I tore the tooth out and it didn't even hurt.

So go in there, and have a good attitude about the entire situation.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • I'd say it was when I had to have elastic bands put on my braces, and they were too tight - I could hardly open my mouth and it put my jaw in a lot of pain :( It was horrible...and I hated every time I had to get my braces tightened >_< Thank goodness that's over now! I hated having braces!

--FG

Back