PDA

View Full Version : Nosepass: Useless or Misunderstood?

Act
July 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Nosepass seems like one of the most random pokemon ever. Seriously: look at its name: The nose is passing (alright, so it's nose compass... I obviously couldn't figure that out, so the name stays weird :P). It has no evolutions, and no true ability. So, is nosepass truly useless, or doe she deserve love too?

Chairman Kaga
July 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Nosepass actually means "nose compass" as its nose is magnetic and works much like a compass. That aside, I think it's one of those throwaway pokemon that exist only for the thrill of the hunt and those who still feel the desire to complete their pokedex. Otherwise, it is rather mediocre in its move pool and very unappealing visually.

EvilDunsparce
July 19th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Nosepass is awesome!!!(mostly beacause of zap cannon) besides, I think it looks cool,especially when it's shiny:-) (dunsparce is also misunderstood)

Orange_Flaaffy
July 19th, 2005, 12:44 PM
It's misunderstood, but I would be lieing if I said I did'nt find it ugly..It's one of those pokemon that seems more like an after thought than an animal, and makes Onix look like a cute puppy dog :P. Don't get me wrong, if a little more effort was put into making it, it really could have been something better....

The Scientist
July 19th, 2005, 09:06 PM
The thing is ugly and hard to find. So just leave it in Granite Cave and forget about it.

Raydrogiga
July 19th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I believe it's based on some famous statues...These statues just have heads,and on the top of a mountain...Nosepass just reminds me of these..^^;;
http://www.kazoom-moto-adventures.com/tky-adiyaman-nemrut.jpg
I think it's a cool pokemon after all...

fearow
July 20th, 2005, 12:13 AM
It always reminded me of the Easter Island statues.
http://www.glasssteelandstone.com/CI/EasterIslandStatues.html

Not that I like Nosepass much. Though it's sort of cool since a Gym Leader uses it.

Blitz~2005
July 20th, 2005, 12:16 AM
well obviosly if its name is nose cumpass, it would be very good for navigation, But it is also a very strong pokemon (thats what i believe) people just hate it coz it's got a big nose XD

Kylie-chan
July 20th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I, as usual, agree with Mr. Intelligence [Kaga]. ^___^ However, I'm still desperately searching Granite [? The one on Dewford Island, anyway] Cave for Nosepass. ^^;

Eon-Rider
July 20th, 2005, 01:06 AM
I find it useless! I thought it would be a great Pokemon to catch but when I got it, i saw it was crap...

Dizzy
July 20th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Out of all of the Hoenn Pokemon, there were only about 15 good ones. Nosepass, sadly, isn't one of these. And because of this, he is useless.

ArKiVe
July 20th, 2005, 05:28 AM
I found it useless, just stored it in my PC in the game or traded it.

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Misunderstood =3

I don't get why everyone thinks it's so dumb and ugly -.-;

Natsuki
July 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Well, the way I see it, all Pokemon have a purpose. Even if it's not the best battler in the games or it just creeps you out in the anime...it was created for a reason. XD I find Nosepass to be kind of odd looking, but who isn't? XD w00t for being different. ;P

~Kelsey

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 09:54 AM
We don't have many pure rock types, so nosepass is actually useful~

Shadow Death
July 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM
He's Useless ****it... <.<

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 10:28 AM
But he doesn't have a 2x weakness to both grass AND water...:P

So, I guess he is helpful ^0^

Chairman Kaga
July 20th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Too bad I can't get past the sight of him or else he really would be good in battle XD

There are only two other pokemon I won't train out of ugliness: Loudred (though Exploud pwns ;; ) and Swalot o_o;

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Swalot >>>>>>>>>>>> j00 :P

I would train both of those =3 And Nosepass looks cute! *huggles*

Chairman Kaga
July 20th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hey, don't feel bad, there are a whole lot more pokemon that I refuse to train because they're too cute or too popular XD

Is it just me or does Nosepass look drunk? All it can do is waddle and it has a reddish nose o_O

Phantom_Bugsy
July 20th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Sorry, but one of my friends OWNS in Netbattle with his Nosepass. Better than frikking Salamence or Dragonite.

Seriously, it's an awesome Pokemon. >___> Even if I may not like the GL who uses it that much :D

MidnightScott
July 20th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I think it's just misunderstood - I would never use one in the game though, but it's not useless.

hi Phantom Bugsy - I see you were banned from SPPF too...

~Scott

Phantom_Bugsy
July 20th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Me either. It's not one of MY preferred Pokemon, but...it's still a good one to use :3

You too? What'd YOU get done in for? Speaking yer mind?

SBaby
July 20th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Nosepass isn't useless or misunderstood. It's just weird. Simple as that.

Kalylia
July 20th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I think it's useless... or, as useless as any one Pokemon could be. XP

Random Plushie
July 20th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Nosepass seems somewhere in between useless and misunderstood to me. Not entirely useless and yet not really misunderstood either.. X.x

Kylie-chan
July 21st, 2005, 08:38 PM
Too bad I can't get past the sight of him or else he really would be good in battle XD

There are only two other pokemon I won't train out of ugliness: Loudred (though Exploud pwns ;; ) and Swalot o_o;
I won't train Exploud for that. o.o It took me forever to work out Whismur was in that family. o.o;
Well, the Rock thing is true... ^^

Act
July 23rd, 2005, 05:47 PM
heh, I forgot about this thread.

I don't mind ugly pokemon, but I don't want crappy ones. This is from someone who is convincd that larviatr is the cutest thing ever, though, so...

And yes, he does seem oddly drunk...

Ninja Tree
July 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Well can't he also do electric moves. Its good if someone switches at a water pokemon to try to beat Nosepass.

Chairman Kaga
July 23rd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Though, I think the only electric attack Nosepass can learn is Zap Cannon, which has the lowest accuracy and PP of any electric attack, so it's useless. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Okay, I'll admit my Porygon2 on Leafgreen has Zap Cannon, but that's because it can learn Lock-On o_o;

Ninja Tree
July 23rd, 2005, 06:31 PM
But Zap Cannon is really good.

Act
July 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM
I think zap cannon is pretty useless... I don't like dynamicpunch much either.

Frankly, zap cannon =/= goodness points for nosepass, in my opinion.

Fury of Ninetales
August 3rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
I'm a huge fan of UUber pokes so i trained a nosepass in my sapphire version.I didn't use it when battling the elite 4 but it can learn a decent moveset. there's one catch: it can't be an efficient all-out sweeper. i taught my nosepass rock slide, thunder wave, earthquake, and sandstorm. first, i would thunder wave, then sandstorm, then use STABbed rock slide to finish it off. it would probably be a better contest poke....
I just think that nosepass is misunderstood.

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I think Nosepass had some potential, its Magnet Pull trait makes it excellent for trapping and KOing pesky Steel types, and the stats aren't that bad so I say it's misunderstood. But if I ever get the urge to train a pure Rock type then I go with Sudowoodo, because it looks nicer. ^_^ Yeah, I can be vain like that.

Smarties-chan
August 5th, 2005, 05:04 AM
I agree with alter ego, nosepass does have some potential it's stats are decent and both attacks have the same base value so there are alot of possible movesets for nosepass I prefer sudowoodo more though.

pokejungle
August 5th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Not to mention Bonsly rox XD

But nosepass looks so cool to me ;-; People shouldn't shun it!

Ridley-X4
August 5th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I heard it's a good Skarmory counter in Netbattle. And how can you call it a she if it can be male too? It's an IT, that's what.

Kurono
August 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Well I think its just misunderstood, there is no such thing as a useless pokemon unless you don't use it. It may be slow but it has a pretty good defense. Oh yeah, Ridley that must of been a typo he made and meant to say "he", but either way you're right because it doesn't have a set gender.

Act
August 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Wow, this is still going.

Anyway, I'm not someone who catches pokemon for 'sweeps' and that kind of thing-- I catch the ones I like best-- and I don't think he'd too attractive. but as far as teambuilding goes, how much does a grass weakness really matter? The only decent grass move is Giga Drain, which has 5 PP, and most grass-types are dual-types anyway (part poison) so a ground type might actually be better.

::shrug::