• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twilight Princess Is...Delayed!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Perrin Kaplan said:
    After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess. Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller
    Believe it or not...I'm actually happy about this. Last year when the trailer was first unveiled after parading around my house for a few hours full of delight, the first thought that came into my head was "another one already?". We've had two short major Zelda instalments already (MM and TWW), most likely because their development times nowhere near matched that of OoT. They did not like how TWW turned out, they felt they did not have enough time, and they even apologized for the incredibly tedious and boring Tingle dependency of finding the Triforce fragments.. So... this seems pretty good. We're not going to get an short game this time. To quote Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever".

Have you seen the new screen shots? It looks as beautiful as ever! Look at the size of those areas!

I am upset that I have to wait longer, but am overjoyed that it has been delayed. For a long time I've actually been hoping it gets pushed into a Revolution launch title. Given how close it's going to come out now to the Revolution, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that, and I would be quite happy.

I want the Ocarina of Time killer, I don't want another short game that's making money off the name. Yay! ^____________^

EDIT: Zelda Scribe side note - Anyone else notic that Wolfos Link is outside of the Twilight Realm? Unless the Twilight Realm has it's own environments aswell...

Last edited:

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
  • I just received a call from Gamestop saying the same thing. I, too, am quite happy about the delay for two reasons. I want my first Zelda game to be great, and I'm rather strapped for cash. This will give me time to save up.

Fishboy

Teh Uber Fishy
    Years
  • My sister just told me it was delayed, and it was such a let down. But the graphics are amazing. I guess it is a good thing it was delayed, it looks like one hell of a game.

Years
  • I'm glad, and I'm not about this. I'm glad becauise the game will be of even better quality and I am totally broke, and I'm not glad because I want to play the game now.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • I'm a bit disappointed it's been pushed back, but who can argue with "new levels, more depth and even higher quality"? This wouldn't be so bad if Fire Emblem for GCN hadn't been pushed back also... *sigh*

Guess I'll just have to go ahead and buy a DS now.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • I saw this right after it came out on GameSpot. I hate that we have to wait till next year (for all we know it might be in the zone of the next gen systems, if so then it might hurt the sells because everyone is going to run out and get some next gen system).
    But if it adds new levels and looks better etc then I'm sure we can all wait for a game that'll be better then what was planed.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Call me crazy...but I think Nintendo is doing this delaying thing on purpose...All those delays is what made Halo 2 the most anticipated game in a long time...

Keep on delaying it...the gamers will want it more and more...then find the right time, then KILL!!

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    Call me crazy...but I think Nintendo is doing this delaying thing on purpose...All those delays is what made Halo 2 the most anticipated game in a long time...

Keep on delaying it...the gamers will want it more and more...then find the right time, then KILL!!

Yes, I believe Dakota is right. Afterall, other than improving quality, delaying is just for that purpose~ =p

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
  • Meh I think Nintendo is screwing up big time with this delay. Now their is barely going to be any decent games coming out this holiday season. Besides Mario Baseball and DDR Mario, what other big GCN titles are being released for the remainer of this year? None.

Years
  • awww... I was hoping it'd come out in November... but if they're adding stuff to make it better, guess I'll wait. Hopefully it won't dissapoint. ^^
    Screens are awesome though ^_^

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    Call me crazy...but I think Nintendo is doing this delaying thing on purpose...All those delays is what made Halo 2 the most anticipated game in a long time...

Most likely. Nintendo is keeping TP in the spot light a little longer. People are going to be talking about it and wondering how it's going to look better and so on.
    But if they keep putting it off more and more and more then it's going to piss a lot of people off. Kingdom Hearts 2 has done went past that line, everyone wants KH2 but Square puts the date off and delays it and delays it. I just hope Nintendo doesn't drag TP on like KH2.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I guess the trick for delayin is finding the right time to shoot it. Personally, I don't think it should any later than christmas of next year...if it goes later than that, they BETTer have at LEAST a Demo and a few more teaser trailers...

It's all about Stratergery!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Dakota said:
    I guess the trick for delayin is finding the right time to shoot it. Personally, I don't think it should any later than christmas of next year...if it goes later than that, they BETTer have at LEAST a Demo and a few more teaser trailers...

It's all about Stratergery!
    If it goes past Christmas of next year then they can forget about the game unless it's on the Rev. Since by then all the new systems will be out and not to many people will want to buy a last gen game in the new gen age.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I don't believe TP will be for Revolution. Revolution will have revolutionary games, not "continuations" and "one more of much". Twilight Princess is adequated for Gamecube's jogability, and I'd expect games like WarioWare and Smash Bros. for the Revolution Firsts~

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • You're trying to tell me that a Nintendo console won't have games that continue their own franchises? O_o That makes no sense.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    You're trying to tell me that a Nintendo console won't have games that continue their own franchises? O_o That makes no sense.

Not at all.
    I mean, a Zelda game with diferent jogability, or something like that.
    Like Kirby Canvas Curse was to the other Kirby games, ne?

Years
  • I'd rather have it delayed so that Fire Emblem won't get overshadowed at least... geez... FE7 was heavily overshadowed by such an overrated game...

Back