• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm Unbeatable!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • Here's a "remix" I wrote of "Unbeatable":

"Unbeatable" (Advance Battle OP)

(slow guitar intro)

Whoa, I'm unbeatable...

(guitar, fiddle and whistle riff)

Walking down this endless highway,
    Nothing but my friends beside me,
    We'll never give in, we'll never rest,
    This advanced battle is the ultimate test!
    Darkness yearns for the earth, the land, the sea, and sky,
    They can never win, but they sure can try!

(whistle solo)

Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
    This power in my heart!
    Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
    From the stars and the ancient past,
    They come to play but they never last...

Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
    This power of our spirits!
    Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
    Forever united!
    I'm unbeatable!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • My GAWD! IT'S TERRIBLE *gags!* didn't get to see the episode but got to hear the song. T_T 4kids kinda sucks now to me.
    And to think they replaced the Medley with this piece of shizit. *strangles 4kids* I'll unbeatable you!
    My dvr is glitched for some reason so I cant see the video of the stupid song.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I tuned in after a year or so abscence from watching the show just to see the new theme...admittedly I wasn't surprised at how terrible it was...each time that they've had a new theme it's been just a bit more insubstantial than the last...I expected a cheery rock song with barely audible lyrics and it's exactly what I got.

Visuals weren't that bad, though. Wish I could have seen it again........on mute.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • You know what ruins the song for me completely? That shouting out around the middle of the song totally trashes the song, makes it seem too "kidswb" for me and I just HATE kidswb.
    Dont get me wrong, the guitar is beautiful, just like in Rival, but the singing and the lyrics pollute the song with n00bish-ness.
    But nothing can give me a headache like Rival. XP

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    meh, I dont really like it either, but I've grown used to hearing 4 kids bad dubbing and ebilness. though I really wanna strangle 4kids and dump them in a pit of hungry turtles, and then burn whats left and through the ashes into a deep dark pit.... thats all I have to say ^^

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • LOL! Cheery rock song with barely audible lyrics! That's it to a T!

T_T Yeah, um, I really don't know what to say. I'm kinda tired of wasting my energy on yelling about 4Kids. They basically take the whole mood and tone of an anime and destroy it in one fell swoop. I dread thinking of what they're going to do to final season of Yugioh (it already has horrible animation-- now horrible edits, music, and voice acting too?! I'm gonna die...), they totally downgraded the Kirby anime (Meta Knight NEVER makes jokes... T__T), and I didn't even want to watch Shaman King. Pokemon may not get edited as much as say, Yugioh, but it still gets its mood crushed by the mighty foot of 4Kids. They stick in awful dub movie music at serious parts (suddenly I find myself thinking of Mewtwo when May's doing a contest O.o), and anything more serious than Ash stubbing his toe just seems... kinda downplayed.

I dunno, I guess I did have something to say after all. >_>

Saironi

Banned
    Years
  • I loved everything about it. It actually struck me as the best intro since "Pokemon World" and "Master Quest". Me and Crystal were talking about it the other day and we both agreed it was good in tradditonal anime way of exciting and surprising the viewer. I guess it would have been better if they had done the lyrics in Japanese.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I still don't like the new theme after so many weeks now but for now I using the mute button. I may just get tired of doing that so I may endure it after that.

I just don't like it when people bash 4Kids. They may not do the best job on dubing some shows but they try to keep the show on air. They don't want to by slap with a cancelaton notice or warning because they let something slip in the dubbing. So I don't like the idea of riceballs being replace with cookies (or the lack of riceballs in the AG epi) but I just glad that I able to see the show without going to a video store and buying. It free so umm.

Back on topic. The theme still sucks to me but I just like the olden days where you had just a guitar to express some moments that a guy signing. Best theme I say was the Masterquest and "Every Trainer" one.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    What really gets me is that they've used parts of the intro from the Battle Frontier, and Satoshi-tachi hasn't even reached Tokusane City city yet. What's with all the silhouette fill-ins when it'll probably be 50 more episodes before where you're supposed to be seeing them? And if you're gonna do that, at least DO IT RIGHT. Datsuya's filled in. Just like where the Japanese are right now. I don't understand; if they want to make the fans go "OMG A SQUIRTLE! WHOA, WHO'RE THESE PEOPLE?!", it might work, but theyr'e going to disappoint them that they're not going to be able to see those guys until they actually get to the Battle Frontier. I don't get it, I don't get iiiiit...

As for the song, it scared me. I would rather watch it on mute. But uh.. I still think the Johto Champions and Master Quest songs were best of the intros, so far.

Years
  • I'll cover the music first.

David Rolfe is interesting here, he's playing on an 80's rock theme, which is fun, because I never thought the series was real time anyway, more mid late 90's myself. It's not Advance Challenge, or his best effort "I Believe", but he does capture the period well and suck you in. The chorus was nice in allusion to the "Whose' that Pokemon" chorus and showing that, it's a kids' show, and catchy in its own right.

Besides, the chorus has been absent since Johto Journies. It was bound to return.

One note of the lyrics, is they capture that arrogance that we know Satoshi/or at least Ash has and I am amused by this, particularly as end of the season we return to Kanto and end of Hoenn and Ash gets his ego into the game...maybe (He was fine ish end of Johto) and sashayes his strength. Or maybe it's just that the Hoenn's arc was just strong as it was an apology to the Johto arc and playing on that theme and the franchise's strength.

Destiny Deoxys' airing drew in quite the viewers, quite nice for a dead franchise, eh?

So I'd say that and it's going strong enough. Not what it was but good enough but heck, enough for WB to allow an extra 15 seconds for it. The past three ones have been 45 seconds. And hopefully cut down on the wretched time cuts.

On the visual, they spliced Symphonic Melody and Battle Frontier. I saw both intros and I like the splicing actually. Melody had nothing for any good images (everyone just sat and stared at a sad Ash, except for the Groudon/Kyorge scene, that's the only interesting thing to note) and Battle Frontier had some nice images but not enough by itself.

Although the spoiler images is odd, as we see the Frontier Brains, and the Rockets' new Pokemon, Mew and Rukario, and quite blatant. Usually 4Kids isn't like this, it's curious but at least we see what the Japanese are seeing now. I think they did it because Melody was so boring (although the Groudon/Kyorge shot was nice foreshadowing to include here as they will be a main point in the coming episodes with the Magma/Aqua finale).

Yet they couldn't make one like they did for intro number four?

Oh well, at least enjoy the 80's rock. It beats the 00 dreck I am forced to listen to.

I'd say, 6th best in music (Johto League Champions has that weird effect or I'd give the 5th slot to this)/4th best visual.

Years
  • I agree, Tetsuya, the more I listen, the more it's catchy and infects, like the Chorus, I actually shout that out, hehe.

"Born to be a Winner" is good, even though they recycled lyrics, and then "I Believe", there were no secondary lyrics, which infuriates me because it is a great theme. My second favorite, the original is the first favorite. Hopefully if we get "Wanna be a Hero" and "Advance Challenge" in full form, they won't be lazy. I hope.

Yes, the fourth intro, OLM, I think, animated them a new intro, the fourth intro images would be spliced in with the fifth to make "I Believe." This isn't the first time they got OLM to animate new things (the Oak scenes in Serebii's Timeless Encounter immediately springs to mind).

But back to point. I think they have been more bolder with their intros and be more intellectual, the original theme was more heart and soul, the second was popularity and playing on the second season's popularity (Pokemon's biggest year in 99-00), the third was more optimism with a "Brave new world" feeling to it, the fourth, not sure, just contiuning on, I guess (pity a nice intro was wasted by a non season, all fillers but two). The fifth was the series end, and push oneself to be the best, and for the writing, that extends because the fifth season had all the loose ends tied up.

Here, it's end of Hoenn and return to the old stomping grounds, and I don't mind the spoilers, if we weren't a season behind. The Challenge's intro had spoiler revelant for the season and that's why I don't have a problem with it.

In either case, at least Rolfe's music proves itself again and be a nice constant, even through I miss Beige's croons. And Russell V is all the place with the Fox intros.

Another, Tetsuya? Hoo boy. Hehe. Guess I came just in time.

Years
  • This song is not bad. At least it lasts longer than the themes of the past few years. But it somehow reveals so many spoilers of the future, which is rather interesting. But, overall, not bad, to say the least.

Years
  • I love your answer, latiasfan, it's so double talkish. Hee.

But it is more memorable, I admit as it has both visual and music going for it. Challenge had some nice visuals but not as stirring as they could be but that's more on the Japanese producers' part. And then Symphonic Melody itself was rather weird. At least the dubbers can put up a good mix to spice a boring Japanese theme. Although Battle Frontier is the best of the Hoenn ones so far.

It's rather hard to trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back