• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have baby chicks!

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
Years
  • :D :D :D :D :D :P
    Yayness! A while ago, lots and lots of baby chickens hatched at my house, being that I own chickens. They are so cute, and I just wanted to spread the news to everyone here! So far, from the hatch month ago, there were 6 hatched out of 15. Some died, some were duds, but that's sadly life, isn't it? :\ Now, we have 11 chicks from our hens, and these are the little fluffballs. So cute! :D
    So far, it's been 11/25. And counting the ones that didn't survive, 13/25. Sad. One was killed by a stupid hen outside, and one was a stinky..... dud. So anyway, here's my chick thread! :classic:

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Aww, I love little baby chickens! ^_^ They're so cute! My grandmother always used to hatch some, along with ducks. I hate to hear about the losses, but I'm glad that some survived.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Baby chicks? Cute. :) Do you live on a farm? I've never known anyone in the city to have chickens before. I have four pets. Two rabbits and two turtles.

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
  • Aww, how sweet! Yeah, chicks are really cute, i remember once our English Teacher (who lives on a farm and owns chickens) brought some newly hatched chicks into school with her because she was worried about leaving them on their own and didn't want them to die or anything... One of them was a little black fluffy chick and looked sorta weak and there was this one boy called Paul in our class who became quite attached to the black chick, so much so that he called it "Paul" after himself.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • AWWW!!! I love baby chickz! Untill they grow into chickenz...adult birdz...evil...>,<
    I've raized baby duckz^_^ One dizzapeard over the night after we put them outzide but the rezt grew up right along zide of our Evil gooze*~*
    And Orange, all mine grew evil too ;_;
    BTW congratz on the new chickz!!^_^

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    To make this thread probably go downhill:
    Back when I was in school we tried to hatch some eggs in class. We had an incubator and everything. I forget what went wrong, but they all...er didn't come out. Seemed very "yolk"y. o_O; We did have someone bring some in for us to see though. ^_^;

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    To make this thread probably go downhill:
    Back when I was in school we tried to hatch some eggs in class. We had an incubator and everything. I forget what went wrong, but they all...er didn't come out. Seemed very "yolk"y. o_O; We did have someone bring some in for us to see though. ^_^;
    The incubator probably wazn't hot enough :'(
    We hatched chickenz back in elementry zchool too. But...once they hatched my teacher put in a light bulb that waz toooo hot... you can guezz what happend :'( :'( :'(

Years
  • way back in the Philippines, I used to have a pet duck... well.. I didn't know that it could lay so much eggs... I actually saw the eggs break... O.o I raised the ducks... and boy can they do a lot of things in 6 months...O.o

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Seeing baby chicks makes me feel guilty for being one of Chik-Fil-A's best customers sometimes :P Congrats on your new pets...chicks are relatively easy to care for compared to other animals, I suppose...the question remains, though...what'll you do with 'em when they get older? Just curious... I've never heard of anyone keeping chickens as pets before unless they live on a farm ^_^

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Moonlit_Angel said:
    :D :D :D :D :D :P
    Yayness! A while ago, lots and lots of baby chickens hatched at my house, being that I own chickens. They are so cute, and I just wanted to spread the news to everyone here! So far, from the hatch month ago, there were 6 hatched out of 15. Some died, some were duds, but that's sadly life, isn't it? :\ Now, we have 11 chicks from our hens, and these are the little fluffballs. So cute! :D
    So far, it's been 11/25. And counting the ones that didn't survive, 13/25. Sad. One was killed by a stupid hen outside, and one was a stinky..... dud. So anyway, here's my chick thread! :classic:

That's cool, baby chicks rock man, my favorite pokemon is a baby chick! =D Make sure to name one of them "FT" =P I wish I could have like a baby chick that looked like Torchic, I'd name it FT and try and make it a fighter. :p

Years
  • We found one walking around...? Anyways, my bro decides to give it a bath.. then it starts shivering after that. And it died... :( Whats a dud?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    That is so cool. I went to this Flea Market and they were selling chicks.Awww, how much I wanted those things. Are they cute? Are they huggly? Do they peck? XD! Lucky you!

*dies*

Jazz

THE Jazz man
    Years
  • Congrats! Sorry bout the ones you lost but I'm sure you'll raise the rest of them to be healthy chickens.
    I've never raised any myself, just did the whole elementary school hatching thing. Cute little fluff balls, I'll say that.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Chicks are soo adorable I was playing with them at a store once. They were so cute and fluffy *remembers that day* CHICKEYS here chick chick chikc! *looks for one in the deep belows of PC* I have a chicky now =3

Back