• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's New Voice O.o

DestinyOfAsh

Destiny Can Not Be Changed
Years
  • Ash's new voice isn't so bad, though some people wish Veronica Taylor was still doing it, I personally think it's a bummer that she stopped doing his voice, but just athought maybe they finally changed Ash's voice to make him sound alittle more mature. cause well he is growing up Lol. so what do the rest of you think about his new voice?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Actually, I think the new VA of Ash is pretty good.. it's just that we are not used to her voice and wished that Veronica Taylor would continue to voice Ash.

I don't dislike the new VA.. if you watched Digimon in its dub, it's worse. Ash's new VA isn't too bad, and I believe I'd get used to it =)

Years
  • I really, really prefer Veronica Taylor.. the new VA never shows any emotion at all in her acting... it's like every line has the same amount of energy behind it. The character is just so different now... kinda bland D:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I perfer Veronica for Ash, but I do agree; just use this as a way of Ash growing up. He's finally hit puberty! XD The new VA's enthusiasm in battles will probably get better when they start to warm up to the show more. They'll get used to it, they just need to warm up. (But NO ONE will ever match up to Team Rocket's voices...>_>)

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
  • I did like his old voice better, but it is only realistic for it to change as he gets older.... though they're not changing any characters' appearances as they age. I've always wanted to see Ash as an adult, but I don't think we ever will.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Veronica Taylor was of course most liked, but that is only because she had been voicing Ash from day 1, we're just still in a bit of mellow shock over the new VAs, but we'll get used to it eventually.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I definetly prefer Veronica Taylor doing Ash's voice as well as May's. The new VAs arent what I would want.
    Veronica Taylor was of course most liked, but that is only because she had been voicing Ash from day 1, we're just still in a bit of mellow shock over the new VAs, but we'll get used to it eventually.
    I dont think I will as Pokemon is only on once a week and when it reaches BF (we are only up to Advanced Generation) it will seem weird every week.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Veronica Taylor was of course most liked, but that is only because she had been voicing Ash from day 1, we're just still in a bit of mellow shock over the new VAs, but we'll get used to it eventually.

Yesh!! Finally, someone else who thinks the same as I do!! yays!

DestinyOfAsh

Destiny Can Not Be Changed
    Years
  • Exactly we just need to get used to it, and Ash's new voice DOES make him sound older, but as for May's she sounds too much like Misty if you ask me, I don't really go to much on that but like people have said, it just takes some getting used too ^^

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • its very true that ashes voice may seem to make him sound older however i guess i just really thought that veronica taylors voiceover was great. After all we heard it for the best part of 9 seasons!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • its very true that ashes voice may seem to make him sound older however i guess i just really thought that veronica taylors voiceover was great. After all we heard it for the best part of 9 seasons!

It's no doubt that we'd all want Veronica's voice back more than we want the new VA. No one ever said that Veronica's voice wasn't great.. we still love her. It's just that, what's done cannot be undone.. we have to accept the new VA whether we like it or not..

By the way, it's supposed to be 8 seasons, not 9.. :P

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
  • Trufuly, I've gotten almost used to Ash's new VA and most of the characters on the show, but I still prefer Veronica Taylor, all the way! I have to agree that the new VA of Ash shows no emotion what so ever...XP

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • you know, we would'nt be saying this if the new VA's had been the actual old VA's the whole time, we'd feel strange if Veronica had just taken the job, it's simply a matter of the voice of Ash we're used to hearing, not the actual VA

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • you know, we would'nt be saying this if the new VA's had been the actual old VA's the whole time, we'd feel strange if Veronica had just taken the job, it's simply a matter of the voice of Ash we're used to hearing, not the actual VA

very very true.. afterall, one or two seasons of new voice dubbing can never be compared with 8 seasons of Veronica dubbing~~ :P

but I still believe time will make us used to the new VAs :) I mean, come on.. they're trying hard to voice it as best as they can ;)

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • Yeah I agree

I agree, after all even if Taylor can't voice Ash, she denied it right? And it depends on your view of Pokemon. When I look at a Pokemon Movie I look at the emotion, the point, and the characteristics of each character. Personally though the original voice was appealing I don't mind Ash's new voice, after all its not just the voice of the character but the point and emotion of the movie/episodes count right? Its hard to believe how often we forget that...;)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    By the time D/P Anime hits here we'll be used to the new VA's

Dark Quill

Shadow of a demon
    Years
  • I mean, come on.. they're trying hard to voice it as best as they can ;)

Oh, I dunno about that... May sounds about 30, Max sounds at least 14, everyone speaks with heavy American accents...

Go watch the first few eps of the Dungeon series, and tell me Pikachu or Skarmory aren't horribly voiced. In fact, the only decent one in the Dungeon series is Gengar (Weevil Underwood from YuGiOh).

To end it bluntly, I'd rather watch the japanese eps with subs than the new dub. It's that bad ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Well, I don't think it's bad... but it doesn't sound the same, and i'm not sure if it is getting any better or not. I think the new VA IS trying tho! ^.^

The emotion does seem sad, and lost. Ash doesn't have the same enthusiasm he once did.

They are trying to stay true to the characters, and sound exactly alike, and i think that's the problem. No one can match another's voice perfectly because everyone is SO different. I think instead of trying to sound alike, they should make it thier own. It doesn't matter how the voices sound really, as long as they put the effort and emotion into the characters that they are trying to play.

That's just my thought....:\ but all you guys made really good points. We just have to take the time to get used to it x3

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Oh, I dunno about that... May sounds about 30, Max sounds at least 14, everyone speaks with heavy American accents...

Go watch the first few eps of the Dungeon series, and tell me Pikachu or Skarmory aren't horribly voiced. In fact, the only decent one in the Dungeon series is Gengar (Weevil Underwood from YuGiOh).

To end it bluntly, I'd rather watch the japanese eps with subs than the new dub. It's that bad ;_;

That's why I say they're trying hard.. they know fans like us are making negative comments about them, so they're trying to sound as alike as the old VAs were like what Miss Kon had said..

OMG. Pikachu had its voice changed?? I thought they stuck to using the original Jap VA of Pikachu ? 0_0 If Pikachu's voice is really gonna be changed, I'm fainting, coz' that's like, my favourite voice in the whole series 0_0

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Sarah isn't the right person for Ash, because she like totally don't have the experience, and it's a big role for her to do. She have absolutely no emotion, and from some comments, her voice is being done by a synthesing machine. All the rest of the New Vas from other people comments are near the orginal, Sarah's is not, and she is like not improving enough to be like the orginal (Veronica).

I like don't watch the dub anymore because the quality of the dub went downhill and I only watch Japanese Episodes (mainly Diamond and Pearl series).

Back