PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of team rocket

Caleb290
June 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I really am sick of them.. I just change the channel when they have that anoyying motto and how is it that in every episode team rocket just happens to be near by. and when ever TR blasts off again they come back 2 minutes later with this huge robot that would normally cost millions to make or buy

Gunn
June 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the club. You're not alone.

destinedjagold
June 21st, 2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah... It's really getting old... But what I hate most is the motto of the PMC (PKMN Mystery Club)...

Now they're really boring!

Nekonron
June 21st, 2007, 02:52 AM
They are probably there just to annoy ppl, but I wouldnt want them to blast away for good either. Giovanni ought to send them for re-training, then maybe they'll be better at the whole villain thing. They might even turn out to be cool!

Mr.Altosax
June 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
James already is cool, and that's probably how they buy all that stuff. He's loaded. If he were to leave Jessie and Meowth he could make something of himself.

Jorah
June 21st, 2007, 11:48 AM
They are rather amusing sometimes, most of the jokes come from them. And Meowth and James are my favourite characters (apart from Ash and possibly now Dawn) so I wouldn't like them to leave. Although they CAN be very irritating when they come in just to be blasted off 2 minutes later. Especially when the storyline is somewhat interesting.

I'm starting to like their new motto except from the "we're in your face" line, which I still find pretty funny.

Voltrex
June 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Jorah is right, I think they are probably the funniest ones on the show. Well.... and Pauls jokes to Ash....HAHAHA........ha

Eternal Nightmare
June 21st, 2007, 12:06 PM
I like their new motto to and have anyone ever notuced Its like their the only ones that realize they are on a TV show

MasterWGS
June 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM
I hate their new motto. I want the original back, because it's the original. Them changing the motto would be equal to Ash releasing Pikachu, in my eyes. You just can't do it... it's part of the character...

But no. They changed the motto, because PUSA is lame.

Drk Dragonite
June 25th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Team Rocket needs to learn that they will never ever catch pikachu from Ash. It makes me mad to the point where I turn the television off where Team Rocket comes in with a nit wit scheme to catch pikachu and any others. By now they could of had their own pikachu from the wild.

Jorah
June 25th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I hate their new motto. I want the original back, because it's the original. Them changing the motto would be equal to Ash releasing Pikachu, in my eyes. You just can't do it... it's part of the character...

But no. They changed the motto, because PUSA is lame.

They changed the motto in Japanese so they changed it in English, PUSA didn't randomly think to change the motto. I was getting sick of the old motto anyway.

MasterWGS
June 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Really? Aww... That saddens me.

Sorry, PUSA. I thought you were to blame, since the change came not too long after they took over... (It was only slightly different in the Battle Frontier episodes, but then it really changed D/P.)

My mistake. I still miss the old motto, though.

Sakurah
June 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I'm sick of them too. -_-;
I'm also starting to get sick of Satoshi/Ash.

healberry
June 25th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I always liked James, but I do admit that they got old after the first few seasons, especially since they appear in practically every episode.

cannadakid
June 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Team rocket is a classic

ive been watching the show since season 1 and they have been my favorite. the most annoying thing to me is how they got to look like such goofs. they used to be formidable but now they just look foolish

ps annoys me when they do different theme songs

PikaPi123
June 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Team Rocket bugs me!!! It's alright if they came on the show once in a while but just when Ash and his friends were in the middle of doing something, Team Rocket comes and takes Pikachu, then Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and Team Rocket is then "Blasting off again!".

peachesncream
June 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
i don't like the new motto, stick with the old stuff! i knew the old motto but this new one isn't sticking with me.

IPanda
June 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Yep. thats them. they are too annoying!

IPanda
June 26th, 2007, 05:49 PM
2 thumbs up on the old motto also. the most annoying though, is meowth. i HATE his voice! Ew -.-

Ichikool
June 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Aren't we all sick of them... Their voices, [mostly James], their new motto, and their uselessness. XP; And always with the head-biting, that's really old too...

diamondpearl876
June 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I think the screenwriters have run out of ideas for Team Rocket.. fortunately for me, I stopped watching the show a long time ago.

Apathetic_Yen
June 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Team Rocket...needs to die. Now. They add nothing to the show now that's worth watching. If they made an apperance every now and then, ya maybe, but I have seen episodes where they come in for their gay motto, get thundershocked away (another thing that gets WAY the **** too old), and that was that, a complete waste of about 5 minutes.

I HATE TEAM ROCKET!!!

Exeter
June 28th, 2007, 08:20 PM
You'd think all those thunder shocks from Pikachu would have killed them. All that electricity can't be good for the human body.

Team Rocket is annoying but they're the only ones brining humour into the show nowadays. Unfortunately.

Mikari
July 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
If it weren't for the fact that Team Rocket provide 95% of this show's lulz, I would have pelted them with rocks or something. xD
But like a lot of others, I'm sick of these guys. They're what make the series too repetitive. But it's not like it's just ANY NORMAL team of colossal loudmouths; flamboyant, erm, closet dwellers; and annoying talking cats that can force their way into our hearts and make us want to kill them so badly. :3 *half-sarcasm*

Ariolander
July 2nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
I dislike the changes 2 fold. Now their battles are meh and they simply get brushed aside it seems. They used to be able to battle very well and kinda sad to see the state they are in.

Next is that they have been really toned down. Noe more weird arse costumes, less dramatic schemes, and no more gender-bending Jessie & James. They are not that bad and I used to like them but now they have been slowly reduced to a shadow of their former selves.

peachesncream
July 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
I don't want to say a lot of bad things about team rocket, because they have been around since the 1st season and I am all about keeping the anime like it originally was

Houndour2005
July 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
I agree, Team Rocket is classic!

babyshuppet_666
July 3rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
I agree. Team Rocket are boring... :/ I mean they were ok the first season and that, but maybe we could have other villains in stead of these same guys all the time...

spike6958
July 3rd, 2007, 08:58 AM
your saying that but then you could say the same about Ash, Pikachu and Brock, and i would rather them keep team rocket than them three

Apathetic_Yen
July 3rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
What are you talking about? Brock's a pimp! We lose him and the show is over. Nobody can replace him (as we had found out with tracey)

Hurley
July 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
LOL yeah and it so stupid Team Rocket puts on like a hat and does not look any diffwerent and Ash is like "OMG who the HELL are you PEOple?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Nekonron
July 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
What are you talking about? Brock's a pimp! We lose him and the show is over. Nobody can replace him (as we had found out with tracey)

How true, rofl. But I would prefer to have Jessie/James than any other team rocket members, especially not Butch and Cassidy. They're nice to have once in a while, but no other duo can replace J&J in the series IMO.

Rebellious Treecko
July 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
No Team Rocket = Instant failure.
Although I admt I don't like their new motto as much as their old ones, Team Rocket is classic. They were one of the main "villan" character/teams in R/B, not to mention, the three "outcast" members are one of the comic relief momemnts in the anime, (besides from Brock's attraction with girls.)

Trace
July 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM
If Team Rocket was less corny, they'd be a lot better.

And anyone notice that Jame stopped leaving roses at some point?

Revolution
July 4th, 2007, 11:13 PM
They do get very annoying, when there in every episode except the first.

Apathetic_Yen
July 4th, 2007, 11:44 PM
If team rocket didn't have to blast off every friggin episode like in the first season. Heck, sometimes they wouldn't even get in the way, they would just be there and actually have more involvment in the plot instead of causing nothing but unnecessary trouble.

Gary
July 5th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Pokémon has a plot? Last I checked, it was Ash traveling from town to city, city to town, collecting badges and making new friends along the way. Team Rocket tends to try and halt that movement, thus effectively settling into the main plot course.

Team Rocket is a classic. This new motto bores me, as do their new voices. I'd kill for the original cast back anyday. I'd also kill to see Ash not succeed in the end for once, but neither is going to happen. Ah well. The original focus of the conversation: It's your opinion, but Team Rocket, while it seems small, fits into the main focus of the plot to provide humor.

Nekonron
July 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM

Now that you've mentioned it... When did he stopped doing that anyway?

Rebellious Treecko
July 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Now that you've mentioned it... When did he stopped doing that anyway?

I'm sure he stopped doing that waaay back in the Indigo series.
In fact, I don't remember any episodes where he has a rose other than some of his show artwork.

Hurley
July 5th, 2007, 09:42 AM
team rocket is cool (the real team rocket like grunts and admins) but jessie and james suck

Jorah
July 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM

He stopped probably somewhere in Indigo League but started again in Advanced Battle/Battle Frontier in random episodes. I can't remember exact episodes but he's definatly had it in both of those series. I remember shouting out to my sister everytime he has his rose in a newish episode

There have been quite a few episodes in D/P where Team Rocket haven't blasted off and some where they haven't met Ash at all (although they're still in the episode) Its very annoyiing when they inturrupt a battle but luckily they didn't intrupt either Paul's or Ash's gym battle.

Anyway, we need Team Rocket in the loooong filler episodes.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
July 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I hate thier new sinnoh motto so much >.<

But I have to say, I think Team rocket is one of biggest reasons I got into poke'mon. My favorite team members are Woobuffet and Mime Jr.

Above all, I hope the creaters make a much cooler motto later in the series. maybe the original?

Nekonron
July 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Above all, I hope the creaters make a much cooler motto later in the series. maybe the original?

We'll probably have to wait until they return to Kanto, if ever.

Myoko-chan
July 6th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I really am sick of them.. I just change the channel when they have that anoyying motto and how is it that in every episode team rocket just happens to be near by. and when ever TR blasts off again they come back 2 minutes later with this huge robot that would normally cost millions to make or buy

OBJECTION!!! In the first episode they don't say "Were blasting off again!" cause it's their first time blasting off...lol

Jorah
July 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Actually they didn't say "we're blasting off" until about the 9th episode when they ran away from the school.

Heh...its kind of funny that people used to get annoyed with their motto because they were bored of it from saying it too much. But when they get a new one people complain anyway. But you can bet that if they stopped saying their motto someone would complain about how they miss it...just an observation.

FlyingLetters
July 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
You are not alone. Every time they sing that motto, I turn to another channel. On the first season, they were okay, but when they kept appearing in like every episode, they started to get annoying. PLEASE, CHANGE THE VILLAINS TO TEAM AQUA OR SOMETHING.

Elite 4 Sam
July 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
i hate how when theres a really good battle going on, Team Rocket always has to interrupt it! its so annyoying!

the3rdhardyboy
July 9th, 2007, 02:04 AM
james is awesome i remember sieeng a ep were he almost became good bu tmeowth and jessie cried or something in front him and he came back

meowth and jessie just annoy the hell out of me

richardbru999
July 9th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Team rocket are classic characters! :D
I agree that they have changed alot since the first series and that there battles are getting more and more meaningless as they lose so easily now... but its team rocket.. they rule :P

Richard

Miss Reyna
July 9th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Yeppie!!!! Team Rocket has really been growing on me latey and I just been falling in love with them. I also love their recent motto too. So coolie.

Team Rocket are also really part of the show just like Ash. Without Team Rocket then it kinda be not much of a show. Just kinda be a little bit boring.

Also recently in the Diamond and Pearl episodes they really been uping their game. Teeheehee Their plans are just more thought out and more cunnying. Like tricking a few pokemon to do their work. Then like the way th got all of those bird pokemon a few days ago. I can go on and on about some of their plans that I really like that they did in the recent season but I just can't remember them. Teeheehee

spike6958
July 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
some episode there good some episode are not so good, maybe if the writers gave them a lucky break now and again and let them have more than two pokemon at a time then maybe they would be better.

ChibiGingi
July 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Used to love them, really, especially Meowth and Wobbuffet. However, I'm just irritated now... not ENOUGH Wobbuffet (besides him and Mime Jr. randomly adding in their two cents and then never being seen again in the entire episode), and I hate hate HATE Meowth's new VA. Bring back Maddie... BRING BACK EVERYONE FROM THE OLD CAST!

Myoko-chan
July 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
did anyone see the episode where they explained how meowth learned how to talk? o___o It was sad.

Nekonron
July 10th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Used to love them, really, especially Meowth and Wobbuffet. However, I'm just irritated now... not ENOUGH Wobbuffet (besides him and Mime Jr. randomly adding in their two cents and then never being seen again in the entire episode), and I hate hate HATE Meowth's new VA. Bring back Maddie... BRING BACK EVERYONE FROM THE OLD CAST!

Totally agree! Wobbufet and Mime Jr are the best things JJ ever got IMO. The new VAs doesnt really fit in too well, or maybe its just because we're too used to the original cast. But still, I prefer the original cast

richardbru999
July 10th, 2007, 03:37 AM
I liked meowths old "im the top cat"... what ever happened to that??

Without team rocket the series AND the game would just be realy boring.... Walking around completing all 8 gyms withou any interuptions real easy... BORING!

Long live team rocket... jessie... james & meowth!

Apathetic_Yen
July 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I like Team Rocket, just not JJM. They are too repetitive and stupid, trying the same tricks and now, they bring gundam warriors on to the show. WTF?

mew three
July 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Team Rocket r just CHILDISH!

Michela92
July 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I have been watching the show since season 1 and I have to say I love team rocket.
Without them the show would be boring.
I do hate there new motto and miss the old one,
but I still love them there original.

so yea i agree with richardbru999
Long live team rocket... jessie... james & meowth!

Apathetic_Yen
July 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Seriously, I think the show would be better. I absolutely hate it when a perfectly good gym battle is interrupted by an annoying motto, then,"We're blasting off againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............*ding*" And also, I've noticed that's how Ash got a good chunk of his badges anyway. Something dumb happens with TR and Ash saves the gym or pokemon or something anybody else could have done with an electric pokemon but just chill there and do nothing, and for that, Ash gets the badge.
I also recall the time TR tried to steal Moltres' flame at the pokemon league and out of the hundreds of trainers in the crowd who were way better than Ash, Ash is the only person who does anything.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
yeah, i'm absolutely sick of them, i usually start watching it on comcast a few minutes late so i can just flash forward during their crap

you know, they used to be just reacurring character that showed up every five episodes or so

but now, they're always there listening to meowths stupid ideas to impress giovanni and then they try to capture pikachu or some other random pokemon

Random
July 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM
Actually i would like to refer to one of my earlier posts, for my hatred of Team Rocket.

http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2677178#post2677178

glad to know, im not alone.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM
if they gave pikachu 2 da boss lets just say dis... they would b fired. if they gave the boss a raichu, they would b promated 2ce. lyke ash, theey just need 'improvements...' i prefer cass and butch because they r better, badder, and make a cuter couple. (i am a huge neoshipping fan) now neways, jj
1ce appeatred in a sick dream i had. u dont want the details. i have a lot of sickining dreams.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
August 5th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I think it's getting kinda old. I mean, they've been around for every season, and they were supposed to be gone after the Johto series, to be accurate with the game.

Chibaymega12
August 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM
actually, following the release of the hoenn saga, in a press conference, one of the creators said that Jessi James and Meowth would be taking there last stand in the near future, WELL LOOK AT THIS, WE'RE FIVE SEASONS LATER AND THEY'RE STILL HERE, SOMETHINGS INCREDIBLY WRONG!

Random
August 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yep, something is very wrong with the writers heads.:\ They just dont get the picture.

Apathetic_Yen
August 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Uh there has always been something wrong in the writers' heads.

ABSOULTE STUPIDITY BEYOND THE NEXT LEVEL OF BEING THE MOST STUPID PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

Lucy Lu
August 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I used like Team Rocket. I thought they were cool, but now they are doing the same thing over and over. I think it is time they need to give up and find another Pokemon to give to Giovanni. And now they are treated as comic relief, which is fine. But have them do something else other than capture Pikachu all the time. And I am sorry to say...their new voices don't do them justice. Especially James' voice. ;o; I really want the original cast back. Man I want the original cast for everyone's voices, period(sorry went out of topic there, lol).