• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Types Not Yet Seen

Arkarian

Utterly Damaged Particle
Years
Just out of pure interest, I compiled a list of Pokémon type combinations we haven't seen yet in any game. Hopefully some of this is interesting to you all, for speculation and whatnot.

BUG/NRM
BUG/FRE
BUG/ELC
BUG/ICE
BUG/PSY
BUG/DRG
BUG/DRK
DRK/NRM
DRK/ELC
DRK/FTG
DRK/GRD
DRK/PSY
DRK/DRG
DRK/STL
DRG/NRM
DRG/FRE
DRG/ELC
DRG/GRS
DRG/ICE
DRG/FTG
DRG/PSN
DRG/BUG
DRG/RCK
DRG/DRK
ELC/NRM
ELC/FRE
ELC/GRS
ELC/ICE
ELC/FTG
ELC/PSN
ELC/GRD
ELC/PSY
ELC/RCK
FTG/NRM
FTG/ICE
FTG/GRD
FTG/FLY
FTG/RCK
FTG/GHO
FRE/NRM
FRE/WTR
FRE/GRS
FRE/ICE
FRE/PSN
FRE/PSY
FRE/GHO
FLY
FLY/FTG
GHO/NRM
GHO/WTR
GHO/GRS
GHO/GRD
GHO/PSY
GHO/RCK
GHO/STL
GRS/STL
GRD/NRM
ICE/NRM
ICE/PSN
ICE/RCK
ICE/STL
NRM/PSN
NRM/RCK
NRM/STL
PSN/PSY
PSN/RCK
PSN/STL

Arkarian

Utterly Damaged Particle
Years
Yeah, if only for the next game they'd make 67 new Pokémon, one of each of those types. >_>

I was trying to find other Sableye/Spiritomb combinations that lack weaknesses but so far haven't been able to. NRM/GHO would make a good combo, though, with only one weakness, and three immunities.

And why hasn't there been a Flying-type yet? ;(

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2007
You would think Dark/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would be a no-brainer.

I'd like to see Dark/Bug and Electric/Bug. Haha.

Fire/Ice would be pretty crazy.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
If you want to get into the more complex stuff, Arceus and Kecleon can be pure "flying types," if by certain conditions.
However, I really want at least one/two pokemon with those type combinations listed above, including a couple of "official" pure flying types.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Something about the DRG Hybrid Types.

Remember Kingdra? Dragon-Water, walled all element except Dragon...

If we got a Dragon Steel and had Levitate, it would take neutral damage from all elements... I think it's the ideal wall.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
Years
Except the fact that Dragons are usually fairly big and Steel-types don't Levitate very often [Magnemite line, 50% chance in the Bronzor line]. But yeah, that would be very interesting to see.

Also, I want more Ice-types that actually look like Ice-types. No more of this Weavile crap.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Except the fact that Dragons are usually fairly big and Steel-types don't Levitate very often [Magnemite line, 50% chance in the Bronzor line]. But yeah, that would be very interesting to see.

Also, I want more Ice-types that actually look like Ice-types. No more of this Weavile crap.

Yea. There sure is a shortage of usable Ice Types. And Abomasnow is just a joke. 4x weakness to Fire? Not exactly the rarest type to see on a regular team.

I have a Froslass, though its a bit enjoyable to pull one-shot Blizzards, she's so frail that in order to survive that first hit setting up Hail is to hope that Snow Cloak helps her dodge that attack.

Back