• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Types Not Yet Seen

Arkarian

Utterly Damaged Particle
Years
  • Just out of pure interest, I compiled a list of Pokémon type combinations we haven't seen yet in any game. Hopefully some of this is interesting to you all, for speculation and whatnot.

BUG/NRM
    BUG/FRE
    BUG/ELC
    BUG/ICE
    BUG/PSY
    BUG/DRG
    BUG/DRK
    DRK/NRM
    DRK/ELC
    DRK/FTG
    DRK/GRD
    DRK/PSY
    DRK/DRG
    DRK/STL
    DRG/NRM
    DRG/FRE
    DRG/ELC
    DRG/GRS
    DRG/ICE
    DRG/FTG
    DRG/PSN
    DRG/BUG
    DRG/RCK
    DRG/DRK
    ELC/NRM
    ELC/FRE
    ELC/GRS
    ELC/ICE
    ELC/FTG
    ELC/PSN
    ELC/GRD
    ELC/PSY
    ELC/RCK
    FTG/NRM
    FTG/ICE
    FTG/GRD
    FTG/FLY
    FTG/RCK
    FTG/GHO
    FRE/NRM
    FRE/WTR
    FRE/GRS
    FRE/ICE
    FRE/PSN
    FRE/PSY
    FRE/GHO
    FLY
    FLY/FTG
    GHO/NRM
    GHO/WTR
    GHO/GRS
    GHO/GRD
    GHO/PSY
    GHO/RCK
    GHO/STL
    GRS/STL
    GRD/NRM
    ICE/NRM
    ICE/PSN
    ICE/RCK
    ICE/STL
    NRM/PSN
    NRM/RCK
    NRM/STL
    PSN/PSY
    PSN/RCK
    PSN/STL

Arkarian

Utterly Damaged Particle
    Years
  • Yeah, if only for the next game they'd make 67 new Pokémon, one of each of those types. >_>

I was trying to find other Sableye/Spiritomb combinations that lack weaknesses but so far haven't been able to. NRM/GHO would make a good combo, though, with only one weakness, and three immunities.

And why hasn't there been a Flying-type yet? ;(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    You would think Dark/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would be a no-brainer.

I'd like to see Dark/Bug and Electric/Bug. Haha.

Fire/Ice would be pretty crazy.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • If you want to get into the more complex stuff, Arceus and Kecleon can be pure "flying types," if by certain conditions.
    However, I really want at least one/two pokemon with those type combinations listed above, including a couple of "official" pure flying types.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Something about the DRG Hybrid Types.

Remember Kingdra? Dragon-Water, walled all element except Dragon...

If we got a Dragon Steel and had Levitate, it would take neutral damage from all elements... I think it's the ideal wall.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Except the fact that Dragons are usually fairly big and Steel-types don't Levitate very often [Magnemite line, 50% chance in the Bronzor line]. But yeah, that would be very interesting to see.

Also, I want more Ice-types that actually look like Ice-types. No more of this Weavile crap.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Except the fact that Dragons are usually fairly big and Steel-types don't Levitate very often [Magnemite line, 50% chance in the Bronzor line]. But yeah, that would be very interesting to see.

Also, I want more Ice-types that actually look like Ice-types. No more of this Weavile crap.

Yea. There sure is a shortage of usable Ice Types. And Abomasnow is just a joke. 4x weakness to Fire? Not exactly the rarest type to see on a regular team.

I have a Froslass, though its a bit enjoyable to pull one-shot Blizzards, she's so frail that in order to survive that first hit setting up Hail is to hope that Snow Cloak helps her dodge that attack.

Back