• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Noooooooooo...!!!!!!! Unfortunate things that happened to you when playing Pokemon!

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
Years
  • I was playing my Fire Red in GBA Emulator :classic: and I was up to Safari Zone and I was getting most of my pokemon I want. :) I have lots of money and around 80 pokemon I caught. :laugh: THAT WAS MY BEST RUN EVER on any pokemon game... :cross-eye Then, I decided to take a rest. I saved it in my save state 1 (Ctrl + F1). ;) Then, a thought came to my mind about making a video clip of the intro of Pokemon Fire Red (you know.... the scene where nidoran was fighting gengar). I did it and I watched it in my emulator and thought it was good. :D

When I wanted to continue with my game, I pressed F1.................. BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!!! :tired: I tried again............ :confused: again............. :dead: and again...........! I screamed in agony because I know that I've just lost my save................................................... :tired:

Later, I found out that recording movie in my emu erases all the save states! :shocked:

My piece of advice: NEVER RECORD YOUR MOVIE IN EMULATORS
    DO NOT USE AN EMULATOR TO PLAY
    BUY THE ORIGINAL GAME
    :dead: :nervous: :surprised ;) :chinese: :rambo: :\ :confused: :cross-eye :sleeping: :laugh: :disappoin :'(

Rave :chinese: :sean:

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • hm...... this is going off topic.....

my unfortunate-ness brought me...... unfortunate-ness........ twice....

first time i saw a nice li'l shiny........ and i didn't have any pokeballs left ;_;

second time...... it was a nice li'l time i was playing my rom and then..... the power went out XD
    i lost my mewtwo like that and had to catch him again

*jacks out with MaxMan*

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • I was palying Pokemon Blue and I was in a battle with a trainer. I sent out my metapod that only knew String Shot, and the trainer sent out his Metapod that only knew String Shot. All my other Pokemon were dead, so I couldnt change, so I had to shut of my gameboy.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Legendary_Pokegirl said:
    I was palying Pokemon Blue and I was in a battle with a trainer. I sent out my metapod that only knew String Shot, and the trainer sent out his Metapod that only knew String Shot. All my other Pokemon were dead, so I couldnt change, so I had to shut of my gameboy.
    this may be off topic, but why didn't you just wait till you were out of all your moves? you have the advantage of not being at full move capacity, so u can use them all quicker, and then use struggle before him :P

on topic: yeah, my powerpack for my gba is dodgy, so on sapp, i had to go to meteor falls 4 or 5 times, and then the power for it would cut out and i would have to do it again >_<

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    raveberuk said:
    I was playing my Fire Red in GBA Emulator :classic: and I was up to Safari Zone and I was getting most of my pokemon I want. :) I have lots of money and around 80 pokemon I caught. :laugh: THAT WAS MY BEST RUN EVER on any pokemon game... :cross-eye Then, I decided to take a rest. I saved it in my save state 1 (Ctrl + F1). ;) Then, a thought came to my mind about making a video clip of the intro of Pokemon Fire Red (you know.... the scene where nidoran was fighting gengar). I did it and I watched it in my emulator and thought it was good. :D

When I wanted to continue with my game, I pressed F1.................. BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!!! :tired: I tried again............ :confused: again............. :dead: and again...........! I screamed in agony because I know that I've just lost my save................................................... :tired:

Later, I found out that recording movie in my emu erases all the save states! :shocked:

My piece of advice: NEVER RECORD YOUR MOVIE IN EMULATORS
    DO NOT USE AN EMULATOR TO PLAY
    BUY THE ORIGINAL GAME
    :dead: :nervous: :surprised ;) :chinese: :rambo: :\ :confused: :cross-eye :sleeping: :laugh: :disappoin :'(

Rave :chinese: :sean:

After you record your movie, you have to save state again.
    It works for me.
    Trust me.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • I've been in that metapod situation. But *Luckily* i did remember the strugle thing. And even better, i happen to have several potions on me, that helped alot n.n
    And I've never used keys to save my roms, i always go to file, save, or something like that for some reason. I don't trust these keys, mwahahahaha!
    And I'm just now realizing (to add to unfortunate events) that I let shinys go often, or beat them for experience points. WAHH! I don't own a single one!

*Question: if you have a Shiney Nincada, and it evolves, is both Ninjask and Shedinja shiney?

Oh, and welcome to PokeCommunity Khoi! (Noticed you were new) :laugh:

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
  • AJHalliwell said:
    *Question: if you have a Shiney Nincada, and it evolves, is both Ninjask and Shedinja shiney?
    - Yes

Me, this isn't a biggie, but it's a big recent peeve of mine. I'd spent about three hours total looking for a Magneton in RS's New Mauville. I FINALLY come across one. I accidentally hit the 'a' button one too many times. It's KOed. WAAAAAHH!!! Took another good hour to find and catch one.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • awwh MAN! why did it have to happen to me again......

im playing red and trying the glitch city code.... i went halfway.... and then all the way... i just reached glitch city..... and my gba's batteries died... AND I SOOOO WANTED TO GO TO GLITCHY CITY....... ;_; but i did get to if after some weeks.... i kinda lost the paper i had all the instructions written on.... XD

*jacks out with MaxMan*

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
    Years
  • I went to glitch city once and after walking for sometime, i suddenly froze on one spot and i could not move at all! :D

I forgot what glitch city was for...........

The city itself looked very messy and glitchy :cool:

Rave :dead:

Psychic Esteban

Electric Lord
    Years
  • What is glitch city and how do you get to it? I may have turned my red and blue versions into smoking craters with game shark, but I do believe that I may be able to get to it in the game still. Is it also in yellow version?

-Psychic Esteban :rambo:

Darkened Absol

Dark Absol
    Years
  • WELL! My mishap was when i was playing my sapphire, i was at the southern island rite in front of the egg.
    routine: examine, if latios was unshiny, restart.
    This went on for a good whole 2 hours. when i finnaly found ONE STINKING SHINY LATIOS, i turned off my gameboy because i developed a sort of reflex. >.<

Suzu

~&#9829;~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    i was playing pkmn silver and i found a shiny weedel, i only had 2 pokeballs left, so i through one, it didnt work so i sent my level 6 togepi out to weeken it, it used mudslap and it was a critical hit....

Years
  • Ahh, When I hadnt saved in ages, I though " Ohh, nothing TO bad, dont need to save " not knowing..it was my first run through on ruby, and a freking Groudon beat me, i didnt know, I thought you had to push A near it or something, I turned off my gba not knowing the last time I saved....And guess what, I was the 5 gym leader. >< darn!

Makoto

Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=271245#post271245 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2004

I had caught Rayquaza and traded it to sapphire for info. I thoght my save would stil be there :dead: IT ALL GOT DELETED :dead: no more rayquaza :disappoin

Back