• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

Ubers?

• cheap

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • fair

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    If you ask me it can lean in both directions, I mean, I ev trained a celebi and mew from lvl 10 and a jirachi from lvl 5. If you ask me, I'm not gonna have some punk telling me I didn't raise them and that there cheap. But if it's one of those legendary pokemon that you catch at 70 or higher then it's cheap. They have unbeatable stats and are cheap. (I only have two like that on my team, mewtwo and rayquaza) Does anyone agree with me?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    i totally agree since the stereo type is that it is "cheap" thats why most ppl dont even use jirachi or mew even though it takes time to raise them up =/

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    I've heard some people saying that uber users don't bother to train properly because they have legends. That's really offensive to people like me who actually ev train their ubers (mine are mewtwo, mew, celebi, jirachi, and rayquaza) and worry about that kind of stuff. The way I see it is that if someone trains, really well (ev), with an uber then NO ONE has ANY right to tell that person that their uber's cheap! Some people actually care about trying to train there legends to be the best pokemon ever. Some people just don't see that or don't like it so they complain.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I don't use them because I plan on participating in Nintendo tourneys, which disallow the use of legendaries, trained or not, and I prefer to fine-tune my skills under those same principles. Whether they're cheap or fair doesn't matter to me.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I went with cheap just because Legendaries, by nature, are unfairly overpowered. When you're limited to nothing but level 50 in WiFi battle, you really feel that natural boost. I personally prefer battles where I can see strategy over naturally high stats. regardless of how they're trained.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Like I said before, what about people (me) who train ubers (jirachi, mew, celebi, manaphy) from lvls 1, 5, and 10? What about people who actually take pride in there legendaries? I trained mine from lvls 10 and 5, I even ev trained them! People who use pokemon found at lvl 70 or higher, that's the cheap uber users. Does anyone angree?

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    That post wasn't to you in general, and I know that your about half and half, so am I. I can't stand people who get cocky and don't give a crud about training there ubers, especially the ones like mewtwo, caught at lvl 70. I also can't stand people totally against legendaries, it's a title, owning one doesn't ruin the purpose of the game if you put time into training. If you don't, your cheap and cocky and I'll take you out with my super pokemon! (to all those cocky 'I don't need to train my ubers' trainers) That's what I can't stand, but that last post wasn't susposed to have anything against you, sorry if it sounded like it did.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I just think that the training of ubers puts the other four hundred seventy something pokemon at an unfair disadvantage. I mean sure, there are those who are naturally horrible, but I think I'd rather have about twenty, thirty mons outclassed than 97% of the entire pokedex.

You can take pride in Ubers, sure, you can train them, EVs, the whole nine yards, but that just makes them even more impossible to beat when everything is stuck at level 50, and the base stats of legendaries are already 20 to 30 points higher than your average mon. It's hard enough beating them when noobs who don't have a clue what they're doing are using them, but when you get someone who actually knows how to train properly, it's completely unfair. Say you take a perfectly trained Jirachi and pit it against me, I wouldn't stand a chance with my team lacking in the ubers department. Which means I either stay with the team I have, pokemon I enjoy, and lose, or I limit myself to the fifteen or twenty legendaries that I don't necessarily enjoy using just to stand a chance.

Simply put, I think the use of Legendaries forces the other player to make some unpleasant decisions, and stagnates the meta. It puts trainers in a lose/lose situation. Use a fun team, and lose, or use a no fun legendary team from a pool of thirty or so mon, and MAYBE win. And if trainers opt largely for that second option, it means that you will see the same god forsaken pokemon over and over and over again. the same thirty pokemon, while the other 460 gather dust.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    You do have a point, but if you train your pokemon right then they can easily take out ubers. I mean, I used the team I have now on my rival xxxxxxlarge and he only used a tyranitar, bye-bye team. The way I look at it, if you train well enough then you always stand a good chance against ubers, ask xxxxxxlarge. It's other peoples oppinions on what they use, I don't tell you not to use your fav. poke, well my fav is a celebi, I love legendaries, sure for their power but they're fun to train and they look cool to. No offense or anything. I'm just saying, you like using favs. and I'm sure alot of uber trainers like using there favs, ubers. (unless it's those cocky no good legend miss using trainers giving trainers like me a bad name) What's wrong with training your pokemon to be the best they can be?

Years
  • *points at pogiforce post* all what he said is right when you train a upper team it makes all the other pokes is weak as the commen geodude lets say i ev trained a yanmega in speed it well be faster than most non upper cuz yanmega is fast by itself than i see this guy with a speed form deoxys this well make my yanmega a pile of crap cuz the speed form deoxys is the most fastest poke and it's ev trained soo my yanmega can't do a thing

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Yeah but if people put training time into ubers like I do then what's wrong with making them the best they can be? The point of battling is to be better than everyone else.

Years
  • ya thats the point but what is the point of making an ev trained upper team? this well make all other poke weak which is not fair soo ppl who ev train normal pokes can have fun battling other ev trained normal pokes my yanmega and electivire well be nothing on those ppl who ev train upper it makes you more powerfull than others who use non-upper team

Ichida

Years
  • Tyranitar is stronger than half the legendaries that cause problems, him and Wobbuffet are also Ubers. That was a poor comparison.

*CCs/Auras Tyranitar to death* Tyranitar isn't an uber. I've OHKOd every Tyranitar I've ever fought.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Yeah, but I think it's cheap when people ev train mewtwo, that stuff. For an example of what I'm saying, I got a celebi at lvl 10 I ev trained it and trained it to lvl hundred, I did as much work as anyone else training normal pokes! But then people come along and say it's cheap and that people like me look for the strongest uber in the game! WELL THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!! I work just as hard as everyone else, I ev trained celebi's sp. attack, it's only 280 something! I put time in to train to! UBER OR NORMAL DOESN'T MATTER!!! YOU SAY PEOPLE USING NORMALS ARE AT AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE YET I HEAR "I whipped the floor with that dialga". But when an ev trained uber comes along you start to complain! Uber users train to! YOU JUDGE US WITH THOSE COCKY NONE EV TRAINING UBER TRAINERS! I care about training and my pokemon being the best. Yanmega's your fav. poke? Well celebi's mine. I just like ubers. When you think about there is no fair or unfair. It's win or lose, live and learn, and who you'll blame your lose on, uber user or you? There's no fair or unfair when it comes to making your pokemon reach the best of there abilities! HACKS ARE UNFAIR! Ubers may be powerful, but they can be beaten with normal pokemon.

Ichida

Years
  • Bottom line for me is legendaries are out. Official tourneys don't allow them, so all of you too lazy to train up a real team are just screwing yourselves deeper into that snug little hole you're in. Enjoy. :D

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:

Back