• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

Ubers?

• cheap

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • fair

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Cressilia for a what? Unlike ubers my legends don't have high stats or balanced. I also know how to use them. If anyone knew how to use their pokemon then mine would faint easily.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Cressilia for a what? Unlike ubers my legends don't have high stats or balanced. I also know how to use them. If anyone knew how to use their pokemon then mine would faint easily.

Exactly. Any OU (or possibly UU) Pokémon could make a Legendary/Uber faint if used in the correct manner, and vice versa. I'm sure I've explained an Alakazam vs. Mewtwo scenario somewhere before.

um no there not fair, to me people who use legends are usally the little kids or noobs

ORLY? And why is that? Care to back-up your opinion, as I have done above?

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Thank you! Finally, someone agrees with me! And, yes legendaries are fair, all of you say you train your teams to take down ubers, well, if that's the case then what's the big deal? Is there a real problem or do you just like complaining?

An uber is a really strong legend. I.E. Mewtwo, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Deoxys

Last edited:

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Is that so? So, calling me a little kid or a noob, eh? I know how to use legends. But, I'd take it that you can beat them easily? If that's the case then why in god's name are you complaining? If you can beat them how are they unfair? Maybe the noobs are just the people (you) who complain over NOTHING! That seems more logical.:)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    um cause little kids like to use them in battles and noobs can't battle well with regular pokemon and a true pokemon trainer(and master) don't use legends

Hmm... So Nintendo put them in the game to be used as PC ornaments then, did they?

Granted, I don't widely use Ubers and Legends, my favourite team to use online doesn't contain any, and in any case, the maximum I use in a team is two. But, if a battle doesn't allow them, according to the rules, then I can't use them. Non-serious battles involving a Legendary Slug-fest can be exciting AND fun. But, as I say, OU Pokémon can easily match (and in some cases, overpower) Ubers.

Simply put, in some situations, Ubers ARE slightly cheap, but in most cases, they are not. I know what you mean in the sense that serious trainers will breed for perfect IVs and raise them from scratch, and I do that. It's what makes the game all the more fun to play.

I don't want this to turn into a flame war, but you can't just call them cheap because younger, inexperienced players who don't understand game mechanics such as IVs and EVs use them. They don't understand the complexity of the games (and that's what puts other people off Pokémon games, because they see it as childish and don't understand the complexity), thus, they use Ubers, because they are naturally powerful.

Is that so? So, calling me a little kid or a noob, eh? I know how to use legends. But, I'd take it that you can beat them easily? If that's the case then why in god's name are you complaining? If you can beat them how are they unfair? Maybe the noobs are just the people (you) who complain over NOTHING! That seems more logical.:)

Great to see someone thinking in the same way as myself. If you can beat them easily, why say they are cheap? They can be beaten, no Pokémon is invincible (save the infamous Wonder Guard Spiritomb hack, which in a sense can be beaten, but I havent tested it yet, plus, that's off topic). In the wrong hands, Ubers are about as good as a Magikarp.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    You weren't reffering to me were you?:'( I ev train mine from lvl 10 and 5.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Last edited:

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years

um noobs are sucky players that's why they like to you use legends cause then they won't suck then and of course you can't take them down easily it takes a long time to knock them down cause of the unfair high stats a legends has and I'm not complaining maybe a noob is(YOU)

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Hmm, I actually understand the game and I realize that legends can be easily brought down! This, however, you fail to grasp. If I know that and you don't then it's pretty obvious who the noob is.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    um noobs are sucky players that's why they like to you use legends cause then they won't suck then and of course you can't take them down easily it takes a long time to knock them down cause of the unfair high stats a legends has and I'm not complaining maybe a noob is(YOU)

Umm... No. Here's an example. Both of Mewtwo's defence stats are average, for example my EV trained Modest Mewtwo has a Sp. Def stat of 211, and my Timid Alakazam w/Choice Specs/Life Orb, with Max EV's in Sp. Atk and Speed could OHKO my Mewtwo with a Shadow Ball, as it's speed just pips Mewtwo's.

Hmm, I actually understand the game and I realize that legends can be easily brought down! This, however, you fail to grasp. If I know that and you don't then it's pretty obvious who the noob is.

Hey, guys, lets not have a Flame War, huh? Plus, we're getting a tad off topic here, doncha think?

Last edited:

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    There's a good point! Also, saying legends are unfair is still complaining in my book!

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    There's a good point! Also, saying legends are unfair is still complaining in my book!

Why is it still complaining in your book mr.uber just get the point that legends with high stats are not fair.Also can you explain why nintendo them self banned them from there tournaments?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Why is it still complaining in your book mr.uber just get the point that legends with high stats are not fair.Also can you explain why nintendo them self banned them from there tournaments?

Because they are un-useable in the standard environment, because, yes, they do have unbalanced stats, but the point is, they're not unbeatable, as I proved above.

I don't want to get into an arguement with you, AAA, because I realise where you're coming from, and I have the maturity to respect other people's opinions. But if you can't respect mine, or legendtamer's opinions, then I have better things to do that watch you flame someone for not respecting what they believe, and I don't plan on recieving a warning from the moderators for getting involved.

Good day.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    DeanoDance is right, lets not have a flame war, sorry DeanoDance. I have a short temper and a strong oppinion, I guess I got a little ticked.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    I don't want to get into an arguement with you, AAA, because I realise where you're coming from, and I have the maturity to respect other people's opinions. But if you can't respect mine, or legendtamer's opinions, then I have better things to do that watch you flame someone for not respecting what they believe, and I don't plan on recieving a warning from the moderators for getting involved.

Good day.

I don't flame cause fighting in the internet is like fighting in the special olympics even if you win or not your still retarted lol I'm just joking but I was just responding to there opinion

Back