• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
The Pokémon Trainer Association

[a id]background[/a id]
Hello, and welcome to The Pokémon Trainer Association! The aim of this club is simple; it's a place to chill back and relax after a long day of training your team. Whether you're working towards a goal and want help or just want to share your day's progress, this is the place for you to be. Join us as we share our tips and tricks to become the best Pokémon trainers out there! As ideas on what to posts, these are the general topics of the club:
  • Training an in-game team
  • Training a competitive team
  • EV training
  • Training to evolve
  • Training for milestones (eg x Pokémon at Level 100)
  • Training methods
  • Set challenges for your fellow trainers to accomplish!
  • Anything else you can think of :D

[a id]achievements[/a id]
Trainer Sprints
Club activity is divided into Trainer Sprints; what's that, you say? Well, just the usual shenanigans, but there's also a fun theme to go with it! Each Sprint last for a month, and during this time, aside from posting their usual training updates, everyone is invited to have fun with the Sprint's special project, basically training Pokemon that match the Sprint's theme, and participate in quick mini-events and themed discussion topics.

Current Sprint: SPRING FLING
Past Sprints: Naughty or nice - December 2013 | New Beginnings - October 2013 | Pirates - September 2013

[a id]rules[/a id]
Rules & Ban List
Make sure you follow the rules :)
  • Follow all forum-wide and Pokémon Clubs rules.
  • Don't mock others for having weaker Pokémon!
  • Try to keep posts somewhat detailed.
  • While you're welcome to post your in-game progress, also make sure to talk about actual training, e.g. your training methods and how your Pokemon are faring, share or ask for training tips etc.
  • HAVE FUN :D

[a id]Participants[/a id]
Join Us!
This club doesn't have a member list as it's very much a "just make a post and you're in" kind of deal, but if you're looking for a way to introduce yourself then feel free to fill out the form below.

Introduction Form
Code:
[PLAIN][b]Username:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]Your username[/I]
[PLAIN][b]Your Goals:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]What goals are you working towards with training?[/I]

Can't wait to see what everyone's getting up to!

[a id]banners[/a id]
Banners

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zoka

Rocket grunt
Years
username: Zoka
Goals: is to complete all the original pokemon games(pokemon red - pokemon crystal)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yay, joining!

Username: Miau
Your Goals: I'm pretty much training to battle at the in-game battle facilities. Right now I'm at the PWT looking to win all the Leaders tournaments. Failing hard at Johto, but I've got the rest done. My other plans are competing in the Black Tower/White Treehollow and eventually getting all the Challenge medals in my B2. I may also give the Battle Subway another chance at some point, maybe.
Hi Miau, welcome to the club :) How have you been getting on with the goals so far? Basically you seem to be aiming to complete every single in-game battle challenge possible, which is a tall order but I'm sure you'll be able to no problem! What kind of teams do you use and how are you training them? :o

username: Zoka
Goals: is to complete all the original pokemon games(pokemon red - pokemon crystal)
Welcome to the club, Zoka! I like your goal for sure, but more information would be great. :D What kind of teams are you using? How are you training them to do this? Do you use EV training and competitive move sets? I'd love to know more, if you're willing to share! :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia
Your Goals:

I've been really lazy with my Pokemon games. I've never actually finished a game outside of the Fourth Generation so there's something to work on- although I'm pretty close to finishing Black 2. In general, I'm planning to finish at least one game from every generation and get something to Level 100 for once. It takes a lot of effort for a lazy person like me but its worth trying! Oh and I've been meaning to try and beat a Tower Tycoon for a while, I've never really gotten around to doing it. Finishing the game only using Plusle and Minun, that'd just be adorable. And finally, try to go through a game being completely underlevelled, since I grind too much. :[ (yeah I have a lot of goals XD)

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Yup That's Here I Will Joinning It

Username: TrainerMusaddiq
Your Goals: I Have Many Goals Like Complete All Pokemon Gb,Gbc And Gba [Nds And 3Ds Maybe Later]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Username: ProfGrove

Your Goals: I'm working towards being a great Pokemon trainer through the use of Smogon among other outlets, my first feat will be to complete both Pokemon White and Pokemon White 2 along with EV training teams and being a worthy competitor. My journey is less than a month old, but I will meet more Pokemon trainers and grow as a person which is what it's truly about.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hi Miau, welcome to the club :) How have you been getting on with the goals so far? Basically you seem to be aiming to complete every single in-game battle challenge possible, which is a tall order but I'm sure you'll be able to no problem! What kind of teams do you use and how are you training them? :o

Thanks! Hehe, yeah, I'm not a competitive battler, so I'm going for the in-game challenges. I have a few EV trained Pokemon, it's funny that I don't really use them so often though, I mostly go with my in-game team and other Pokemon I want to try out. I do spend a lot of time coming up with their move sets though, either depending on the opponents or just trying out strategies. Maybe IV breeding and/or EV training some more wouldn't be a bad idea at all, since things are starting to get difficult. I still haven't beaten the Battle Subway bosses - lost to Emmet in doubles, and right before Ingo in singles, my Cobalion got beat up by a Cursed Body Jellicent in the 20th battle, I think I've already told that story a few times. I still haven't started Black Tower, but I've reached at least Area 5 in the White Treehollow, but I haven't played my W2 in a while. So yeah, I'm definitely going to need stronger teams from now on.

Username: Narnia
Your Goals:

I've been really lazy with my Pokemon games. I've never actually finished a game outside of the Fourth Generation so there's something to work on- although I'm pretty close to finishing Black 2. In general, I'm planning to finish at least one game from every generation and get something to Level 100 for once. It takes a lot of effort for a lazy person like me but its worth trying! Oh and I've been meaning to try and beat a Tower Tycoon for a while, I've never really gotten around to doing it. Finishing the game only using Plusle and Minun, that'd just be adorable. And finally, try to go through a game being completely underlevelled, since I grind too much. :[ (yeah I have a lot of goals XD)

Hi Narnia! I'm a fellow procrastinator too, hehe. But I think it's a good thing to set many goals for yourself, we just have to keep trying :) I've never Plusle and Minun before, but they are absolutely cute. And I like your last goal, I'm the exact opposite, I tend to rush in everywhere because I get bored of grinding, so it's definitely a challenge.

Username: ProfGrove

Your Goals: I'm working towards being a great Pokemon trainer through the use of Smogon among other outlets, my first feat will be to complete both Pokemon White and Pokemon White 2 along with EV training teams and being a worthy competitor. My journey is less than a month old, but I will meet more Pokemon trainers and grow as a person which is what it's truly about.

So you're playing White now, right? How far into the game are you?

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Username: kosuke
Your Goals: **singing** I aim to be the very best like no one ever was. to catch them is my real test, and to train them is my cause. **stop**
Just something like that.
I want to finish a game in each generation and defeat each and every trainer along the way and also the challenges (i've done this in leafgreen already and i shall do this to other games too), complete the Pokedexes (never completed it), and train all my Pokemon to be lvl 100 (i didnt even have one).

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
So you're playing White now, right? How far into the game are you?

I'm playing White, yes. :-) I'm a decent way through, have 5 gym badges (about to get 6 tonight). I am new trainer who returned to Pokemon after 10 years of absence, but I feel am picking things up rather quickly. Smogon and the battle simulators have helped me a lot, along with a few individuals. But again, and can't stress this enough.. am truly just seeking to meet more Pokemon trainers whom want to discuss Pokemon, battle strategies and have a general good time.

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
Username: Xolace
Your Goals: I have many goals. First and foremost I want to finally learn how to build a competitive team. I never bothered to learn how to properly train Pokémon (I used to think just getting them to 100 was good enough.) Even though I don't know everything there is to know about EVs and IVs I'm still excited for the future. It's all very exciting. A forum member named MIAU has been teaching me little by little (Millions of thanks and hugs.). It's very exciting to be honest. It brings a much welcomed change to the game for me. :)

I'll write some more about what's actually happening in game soon!

Years
Username: Amerininja
Your Goals: I aim to enhance my competitive skills and to enhance my knowledge about the world of Pokémon. I currently only own Pokémon Black which I am going through for a 2nd time and with a little EV training.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: Xolace
Your Goals: I have many goals. First and foremost I want to finally learn how to build a competitive team. I never bothered to learn how to properly train Pokémon (I used to think just getting them to 100 was good enough.) Even though I don't know everything there is to know about EVs and IVs I'm still excited for the future. It's all very exciting. A forum member named MIAU has been teaching me little by little (Millions of thanks and hugs.). It's very exciting to be honest. It brings a much welcomed change to the game for me. :)

I'll write some more about what's actually happening in game soon!

Hi Xolace! I'm looking forward to read your game updates :)

Username: Amerininja
Your Goals: I aim to enhance my competitive skills and to enhance my knowledge about the world of Pokémon. I currently only own Pokémon Black which I am going through for a 2nd time and with a little EV training.

Welcome to the club! How's your EV training going?

Anyway, I haven't been able to play much lately but I'd like to post an update on my goals. After a more few failed attempts at the Johto Leaders tournament, I realized that I somehow I missed the Hoenn tournament. My team: Golurk, Krookodile and Seismitoad, yup, a Ground-type team. We sailed through Brawly and Liza, and our final match was against Juan. Yup, a Water-type expert. And somehow, Golurk managed to beat his team all by himself. I couldn't believe it, his Quick Claw activated twice, and despite the type disadvantage, he proved to be victorious. It's worth noting that Golurk is the first Pokemon I've EV trained, and I think it showed this time.

I've decided to plan my teams better from now, but I want to take a break from the PWT for the moment before taking on the Johto Leaders again. So I'm going on a TM hunt all across the region, hoping to gather as many as I can. Do you guys have many (all?) TMs, and do you use them when you're training your team?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What have people been training recently? How are goals going for everyone? :D

I've been working on a new project recently - my darling Buizel in Pearl! He's turning out to be quite a pain to train as his power is... certainly leaving room to be desired haha. He's not an exceptional Pokémon by any means and he's levelling up very slowly (caught at 8, now at 24 after two days) so I'm hoping he'll get a bit of a power boost when he evolves in 2 levels time into Floatzel. He's a Pokémon that I've always loved and I've always wanted to train one, so it'll be a shame if he turns out to be rubbish. :(

Has anyone else tried training one in the past? :o

Years
I tried to train one awhile back and he did wind up in my Elite 4 team but only as a 6th slot. He really wasn't needed for my team I guess but Floatzel can hold his own.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I haven't been able to play much, because we're doing overtime at work, so my free time has been reduced drastically. I'll start playing again after our deadline, which would be sometime at the end of the month, I think. So unfortunate that I'm unable to do any progress during this time though :(

Ozzy, I've never trained Buizel, and I've never played Pearl before. Is he part of your in-game team, or are you in post-game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I tried to train one awhile back and he did wind up in my Elite 4 team but only as a 6th slot. He really wasn't needed for my team I guess but Floatzel can hold his own.
What kind of moves did you give him? How did you train him? Mine's reached 50 now and he's no real use still - he's even less useful than my level 35 Loppuny which is saying something haha. He's nice by default for having a Water type Pokémon, but my other team members have moves that do far more than his super effective STAB attacks so I'm struggling to find much of a niche for him at the moment!

I haven't been able to play much, because we're doing overtime at work, so my free time has been reduced drastically. I'll start playing again after our deadline, which would be sometime at the end of the month, I think. So unfortunate that I'm unable to do any progress during this time though :(

Ozzy, I've never trained Buizel, and I've never played Pearl before. Is he part of your in-game team, or are you in post-game?
Good luck when you get training again - make sure to update us! :D Floatzel is in my post-game team, but I'm using him against half the in-game trainers that I never bothered defeating. He's... just not shining at all, it's really hard to find any proper use for him bar a punching bag to swap out on haha.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Username: Element0
Your Goals: My main goal right now is just simply training more Pokemon, since I've just been transferring over the same, Lv 100 Pokemon since Leafgreen. I'm training a Braviary, Aggron, Galvantula, Vanillish, Crawdaunt, and a Volcarona. All of them but Volcarona are somewhere in the 60's, with Volcarona in the 30's since it's a new catch. It's more or less an in-game team for stuff like the White Treehollow, since competitive play isn't really my thing. Although once in a blue moon I'll try out a random match-up to see how my team fares. Another goal I hope to accomplish is to just successfully EV train a Pokemon, which is difficult due to me being lazy. :p I'll get to it at some point, I guess.

@Ozzy

While I haven't exactly trained a Buizel in Pearl before, I have caught a Lv 46 Floatzel in White 2, and it became a permanent member of my team in my first play-through of W2. I lucked out with it already at Lv 46, and it being of an Adamant nature, so it got a physical Attack boost which made it a pretty strong physical attacker. FLoatzel is now Lv 74 with the moves Waterfall, Aqua Tail, Surf, and Ice Beam (To help deal with my teams gaping weakness to Dragon-types when I was at the E4.) Well, that's just my two cents.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Oh come to think of it, I remember using a Buizel once. It was amazingly fun to raise to be honest, I had one on my playthrough of Platinum. I remember training it around a lot and then soloing Wayward Cave with it (where it evolved into Floatzel). I never finished the whole game though with that team but it was still an incredibly useful team member and I'd like to use it again. I highly reccommend training it, it might be tricky in the beginning but all in all, it's worth it. Every single minute you've spent training it, in the end will make it one of the best Pokemon on any team. :]]

Back