• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you plan on having children one day? If not, why not? If so, tell us a little bit more; do you have any preference to whether they're boys or girls? How many? Explain why.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yes, I want children. A girl and twin boys (that'd be lucky but a girl and boy would be good enough for me).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Mm, maybe. If I'm gonna have kids I'd want one boy and one girl with not more than three years age difference. Just two, so me and whoever I'm mating with are just replacing ourselves and not adding to the total population so much. Um and two because with one they will get only-child syndrome and with three two will gang up on the third. And any more would be way too many.

I might end up adopting kids though because gosh I don't want to carry around a child in my body for nine months and then have to expel it out a tiny opening. ._. And because those kids need good homes. :<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I want children someday. I would prefer having a boy and a girl, and a total of only two. I think having more would be too much for me lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
No I'd never bring someone into this ****** world what kind of horrible person do you think I am

if I ever had a sudden urge for parenthood, I'd adopt, no doubt about it

Years
To be honest, I don't know. I just... as things stand now, I definitely don't. I couldn't handle the responsibility of raising a child, and I like having lots of free time to do whatever I want. If I had kids, I wouldn't have nearly as much. But, I still can't figure out if I don't want kids before I'm ready, or if I don't want them at all.

I keep telling myself that it's a question I'll answer when I'm in the proper position: when I'm married. However, considering I'm 21 and still haven't even been on a casual date, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. :)

If I did want kids, I'd probably want at least two: a boy and a girl. It just sounds nice I guess.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I would very much like to have children in the future, preferably a boy and a girl (or two girls because girls are better than boys). However, looking at my family I don't wanna screw innocent people up with the insaness that is us. Though really... Who isn't insane?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
If I do get married, I wouldn't mind having a boy or girl. As long as they share my common interests I'd be fine with whatever.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I do wan't a kiddo or two in the future, no preference on gender as I'd probably have about the same in common either way.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Vendak is like my hero right now :P

No, I do not want children. Babies are gross, annoying, sticky, shrill, horrible little creatures that I don't really fancy having anywhere in my vicinity. Also, I've seen the way children suck the life out of their parents, I've seen the way my parents are now dead inside - there's just nothing left of who they were anymore. They're tired all the time. And parents always worry about their children. I couldn't live a life where I was worrying all the time. Plus, children take all your money.

Being a parent is not something I'd wish on myself or my worst enemy. It's really not a life I want for myself. Plus there's that whole overpopulation thing that terrifies me half to death...

But if I were to become a parent, I think I'd want a boy. Though I'd like, adopt a 15-year-old one. They have trouble moving the older stock at adoption centres and a 15-year-old would be far less of a commitment than raising one from scratch :P

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
DO I EVER
I don't plan to have biological children, though that may happen one day. I plan to adopt about 4, over a period of say, six years at the max? Assuming that as a gay I will be allowed to adopt without any different pressures than of straight people, I plan to adopt two boys and two girls and we shall have a happy family THE END STORYTIME IS OVER.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
No way. I hate children. I can't even stand being around my family anymore because of all the children. I mean the kids scream and cry all the time and everyone thinks they're the greatest thing in the world, and they act so stupid around them.
Not to mention, I'd feel bad for having them once they got a bit older because of how horrible the world is, and I'd have to make them go through it without me being able to do anything about it.

And really I don't see myself having time for kids anyways. I want to start my own business and that would totally be time consuming. I'll be much happier with a few cats, they're a lot less work and they're more enjoyable to be around.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Never ever never. Kids are disgusting and I shall never get kids because I hate them.
But if I had kids, well I'll never.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Of course. I definitely intend to continue my family generation. I would prefer a boy, but that's something that I can't really decide on anyways.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someday yeah :x As for how many, idk, if I'm having any at least two, but if I can only have one I'll be fine with that, idek how many really lool. And uh, girl/boy at least? Preference for girl though if I can only have one. idk this thread makes me feel awkward for some reason.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely not. I don't want the responsibility that comes with raising a child, needing to completely erase my schedule and who I am as a person. I love my freedom too much to ever lose it. I could never see myself having children, even when I was young, so it's safe to say that my feelings are going to stay this way.

So no children at all for me, biological or adopted.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, if I get married then I want a boy and a girl. I want the girl to be older by a few years and I know I want the boy's name to be Jake.

Years
Honestly I don't want to have kids their annoying and I plan to have a busy life plus I don't want to get fat , but if I had to choose I would choose a boy.

Back