• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hullo guise, n00b needs halp

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
I just started playing Pokemon Online and I have a team that doesn't synergize at all. I'm at Gen5 OU. My team is:

Ambipom (or Aerodactyl/Victini)
Conkeldurr
Bronzong
Kingdra
Ninetales
Gengar

I've been winning on sweeps by any of the five Pokemon other than the first that appears. So basically, I lose whenever I'm not able to sweep.

How should I turn this into a team that synergizes? (more than one Pokemon thriving in Ninetales' Drought or Bronzong's Trick Room, for instance)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thank you for the 22 views, guys. Guess I'll have to learn for myself.

Last edited:

badalcristiano

_,.-~;:*'`WINNING`'*:;~-.,_
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2012
Hey, Firstly I'd like to suggest that you read the rules and see how to format a Rate My Team (RMT)

In regards to your team- Your team has Kingdra which works well under rain and it has Ninetales which provides sun. Decide which weather condition you're going to use and use Pokémon that work well under it. I'm no expert in Gen 5, but I can tell you, mixing weathers can never work.

Years
Hey, Firstly I'd like to suggest that you read the rules and see how to format a Rate My Team (RMT)

In regards to your team- Your team has Kingdra which works well under rain and it has Ninetales which provides sun. Decide which weather condition you're going to use and use Pokémon that work well under it. I'm no expert in Gen 5, but I can tell you, mixing weathers can never work.

Kingdra is banned in Rain if it has the ability Swift Swim.

----------------
Anyhow, I'll see what I can do for you. I'm guessing Ambipom/Aerodactyl is your "Lead", since you have it first. To be honest, no one who plays the Gen V metagame really cares much for leads, anymore. You could fill that hole with another powerful threat instead. Kingdra is pretty much useless in OU, due to Rain being banned. There is absolutely no need to run Ninetales if you aren't using a Sun Team (which features Chlorophyll users and Pokemon like Darmanitan, who become extremely powerful in the sun). Anyhow, it would be a load more helpful if you included EVs, Natures, abilities and the other info regarding your Pokemon and the technical aspects of them, so that you could recieve an in-depth rate.

badalcristiano

_,.-~;:*'`WINNING`'*:;~-.,_
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2012
True. But if he's using it on his team, being a not so avid Gen 5 player, that fact slips my mind.

Another suggestion would be Tyranitar + Excadrill for a Sandstorm based team with threats like Garchomp and Hippowdon that you can use.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I just started playing Pokemon Online and I have a team that doesn't synergize at all. I'm at Gen5 OU. My team is:

Ambipom (or Aerodactyl/Victini)
Conkeldurr
Bronzong
Kingdra
Ninetales
Gengar

I've been winning on sweeps by any of the five Pokemon other than the first that appears. So basically, I lose whenever I'm not able to sweep.

How should I turn this into a team that synergizes? (more than one Pokemon thriving in Ninetales' Drought or Bronzong's Trick Room, for instance)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thank you for the 22 views, guys. Guess I'll have to learn for myself.

We do indeed have some ideal guidelines that you should follow when posting a RMT, including the idea that you should perhaps post sets, like with EVs, the item, the moveset, etc. One of the things that amuses me that you said though is this:

So basically, I lose whenever I'm not able to sweep.

That's usually how it goes, sad to say. The way to make your team better is to figure out how to set yourself up so that you can make that clean sweep more often and more easily. :) Other people suggested some ideas for directions you can take your team in so I'll lay off that. Lastly I guess I'd like to say that if you do come out with a more, uh, full team then you'd probably be more likely to get people here to help you work with your team. It's hard to define synergy, though - usually with my best teams, I find synergy randomly in places where I would have never expected it. It's less "looking for" or "learning how to identify" synergy for me than it is "finding" synergy in my teams.

Also at your edit: :(. It's not like PC constantly updates that and tbh we don't have very many people on during those roughly six hours between your post and your edit. At least wait 24 hours so people can have a chance to post before accusing us of not trying to help. :c

Back