• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Inkling2500.png

So we're about a month away from this game's release so I'd figure I'd make a thread and see who's excited for it! Have you preordered the game or plan to buy a copy at some point? Ordered the Inkling Amiibos? What do you think of footage of this game so far? Do you like the character designs and art direction? Do you think this will become a successful Nintendo IP? All that and anything else you'd like to add! As usual, keep things civil, please!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm excited for this game, I even pre-ordered the amiibos for it, but I fear about the recent boycott for it, all because of the lack of voice chat, even 99% of the players never used that option in other shooter games, so what's the point to include a feature that won't be used often.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The amiibos look good, but I think I'm mostly only interested in the Wooly Yoshi amiibo. It's so awesome and would make such a neat display figure. I'm also interested in the other Yoshi one, but hey. :P Back on topic...

Splatoon looks great. I really hope it will be successful and my new "go-to" shooter game. :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yes! I remember Splatoon being showcased at last years E3 event. It looks like a lot of fun, so I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up at some point.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've been really hyped for this game, but I have to admit the recent revelations have bummed me out a bit. No voice chat, even with friends, in a cooperative/competitive shooter? There's apparently no ability to create custom games/lobbies either. Plus they're locking a ton of single player content behind Amiibos, and I'm sure they're going to be impossible to find (not to mention expensive).

The gameplay looks super fun though, so I'll have to see how I'm feeling about it next month when it releases.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've been really hyped for this game, but I have to admit the recent revelations have bummed me out a bit. No voice chat, even with friends, in a cooperative/competitive shooter? There's apparently no ability to create custom games/lobbies either. Plus they're locking a ton of single player content behind Amiibos, and I'm sure they're going to be impossible to find (not to mention expensive).

Tbh all of this shit would be panned if any other company did this but as it's Nintendo people just brush it under the rug. All of these issues seem to ruin the online experience. This, and the fact I don't really care for multiplayer heavy games outside of Monster Hunter, means that I won't be getting this game anytime soon. Shame, looks like a blast with friends.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Voice Chat is wierd. Pokemon of all things has it... but Monster Hunter doesn't.

Shooters have a rep for foul language in chat, reason enough not to do it on Nintendo's part. Very skittish of online stuff. They just don't do anything online well.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't see why people are so mad about voice chat, honestly. It's barely used in most games that have it.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i'm super excited for this game! i have this pre ordered and my bf bought the splatoon amiibos. Luckily we got the three back that includes the green squid. super cute!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't see why people are so mad about voice chat, honestly. It's barely used in most games that have it.
    Tell me about it. Meanwhile, Star Wars Battlefront will be having less maps than the previous two installments and no campaign mode, yet these people want to spend of their time boycotting Splatoon/buying it used over the lack of voice chat.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm so psyched about this game, even though alas, I can't buy it because I don't have Wii U to begin with. The gameplay is interesting, which may make me consider to get one someday. And I don't mind if voice chat will be there or not, though.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Splatoon Direct was so much fun! Lots of puns. I would so buy this game if I had a Wii U - But I Don't.

Too bad.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Tried out the demo. The short tutorial beforehand was a nice idea. Wifi held up pretty well - no dropouts or even noticeable lag for myself (and I have Australian internet!) The minigame you could play while waiting for people to join was a neat idea as well. Mine was sort of like ice climbers.

The gameplay was pretty fun. Didn't like the sniper weapon much but liked the second of the guns and the roller. Got some decent scores as well despite my inexperience with shooter games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I was able to play the demo after missing out the first two sessions. I've tried out all four weapons, and I would say the Splattergun is my choice of weaponry, followed by the Roller. Feels great to end my demo session on a high note by being first place on my team.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I was so mad, i haven't been able to try the demo. I showed my little sister and her friends the game and they got to play the demo. they said it was a lot of fun.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The game looks really fun, but I don't have $60 to spend on it. I'll probably wait a few months until the price decreases, and the option of no voice chat sucks but there is always Skype or Teamspeak for that if people are serious enough about the game. I really liked the concept of the game though, it looks liek a really fun game especially to play with friends.

Do you think we will be able to play split screen online, like if my brother and I wanted to play on the same TV?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The hype is real, y'all. We're a week away. I already have a big Splatoon poster on my wall I snagged from work AND Splatoon hat. It's basically the greatest thing in the world. lol

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • The hype is real, y'all. We're a week away. I already have a big Splatoon poster on my wall I snagged from work AND Splatoon hat. It's basically the greatest thing in the world. lol

ahh im jealous you got one of the squid hats! i keep seeing them and they look ADORABLE.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • If memory serves, there's another Global Testfire going on in about 4 hours today if anyone wants to play it.

omg i thought the testfire was last saturday so i kept waiting and nothing ever popped up. i was so mad lol. hopefully i can play it today. i believe this is the last testfire until the game is released.

Back