• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Years Resolutions!

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Happy New Year! I have a fun topic open for discussion. On a side note: is this the first thread of 2014? Anyways, what is your New Years resolution? What do you plan to do this year in pokemon? Any goals you want to achieve? I don't have a New Years resolution and I want to breed for the first time for a competitive team. Discuss!

MOD NOTE: This thread is for Pokemon related resolutions only. For other New Years Resolution discussion, please use this thread in the Chit Chat Café.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
It's not 2014 yet where I live, button pokemon wise, I am hoping to get my second shiny.

As for an actual New Years resolution... Continuing to lose weight

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i want to complete a pokedex for once :P Its something i have actually never done before. and with there being more and more Pokemon, its probably a good idea to do it now than wait for another gen to come out.

Brien

Epic Panda.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
keep reading and lifting and being a good student

and I just got a 2ds, so hopefully resume being a pokemon fan.

Years
I've updated the OP and title of the thread to reflect that this is about Pokemon related resolutions only- if you'd like to talk about overall resolutions, please use the thread over in the Chit Chat Café (found right here).

As for myself, while I touched a little bit on it in our DCC thread, I'd like to post some more discussion threads here in Pokemon General. Whether it be about theories, comparisons or just more voting threads, it doesn't hurt to boost discussion even more! I'd also like to try a few different Pokemon hacks from here at PC, too. Having tried one myself I know how difficult it is, so you have to appreciate the people who spend all that time and effort creating these games!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'd like to say I'll try to regain the amount of activity I used to devote to PGen a month back. Sorry, make that a double. I think I'll start more threads and give more descriptive and sensible replies.

I might even try to watch every single X&Y anime episode too. And perhaps inspect different Pokémon. I also would like to get a hold on a X or Y version so that I can finally expose myself to the Kalos region. I've never looked at the new Pokémon or any new moves, as I want to avoid spoilers. Hopefully things will change.

Also, I'll never let Wobbuffet pay my drinks in the Spinda's Cafe. Never.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I shall finish one Sinnoh game and one Unova game!

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I got 2. I've never completed the pokedex before so I'm gonna do that. Also I'm gonna have a shiny Riolu lv. 100.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
FINISH X/Y and stop messing around in Wonder Trade so much

I'd like to get back into the card game, butno one around here plays it much anymore

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think I'm gonna try to finish the National Dex. BUT BANK IS TBD SO WHO KNOWS IF THAT'LL BE POSSIBLE

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Yeah mine would be trying to complete the national dex as soon as the bank is open. Also replay the classics: yellow, silver, leaf green, and heart gold

Years
I'll try and obtain all the female clothing items in X/Y, even if I have to money grind like hell to get most of the ones in Lumiose City's boutique. After all, trainers in Kalos have to look stylish.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
To actually finish the storyline lol. And hopefully find a few shiny pokemon (:

Back