• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolution for 2014

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • As the New Year of 2014 keeps coming closer, I want to know if you have any resolution for this New Year?

As for myself, I want to become more positive, more motivating, and not too sensitive to anything (and not becoming sad too), if that's all it takes to become a better person.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I have a few things that I'm gonna change for 2014.

1. Drinking, I'm cutting it out completely. I hate the after effects that drinking provides; most things are a blur and you can't control yourself.

2. Exercising a lot more. I have been in little mood to exercise, so my breathing has got gradually worse. I've been diagnosed as having asthma as well but I've never had to use inhalers. Also gonna be training for something else.

3. Get myself eating more. Hell, I only weigh 105 pounds, WAY below the average weight for someone my height.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I could list several resolutions that I want to fulfill in 2014, but I usually end up derailing off anything I set. The most important desires are probably investing more focus in college and getting a job.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Instead of resolutions, I've been making some small, but meaningful monthly goals that are easy to achieve if I set my mind to it and will add up to make a difference in my life. Together, I think all of these goals add up to the same thing anyway. To be a better me. Right now for January my goals are to pay off my credit card bill completely and to focus more on school. If I can do those things, then January will be a total success.

Years
  • I really want to become less of a procrastinator and more of a doer. I also want to be more active physically so I can maintain a healthy lifestyle as well, but who doesn't have that as a new year's resolution? :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Only 2 for me this year: focus harder in classes, and stick to this relationship. Both are going to be intermixed, so I believe I'll be able to succeed. Scratch that, I know I will.

Years
  • I guess I could say I want to stick to a committed relationship as well.. the last relationship I went through just didn't work out so well when the other moved away :(

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think I fit in more with the goals instead of resolutions group of people, but I do have a few I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Getting a job. There are plenty of possibilities here, which uplifts my spirits means we just moved here around the middle of September. I also feel that it would help with my #2 which is

2. Making more irl friends. During the move, that was one thing a cousin/good friend of mine was worried about, as it takes me some time to warm up to people I meet face to face. Sometimes I wish I could handle it like I do meeting people online, but it just feels so much different.

3. Getting a better hold of my blood sugars. I don't know how many people here would know, but in Nov. of 2011, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I feel like I've managed pretty well, but I'm constantly worrying my mom with my occasional lows and highs, and I really don't want her to worry about me.

4. I'd like to meet someone I could have a relationship with this year. I know that it's the kind of relationship I don't really have much experience in, if any at all, so I know I'm going to be awkward. It may be a bit of a pipe-dream, but, it's something I'd like to be able to do if possible.

Years
  • A resolution I want to make for the upcoming new year is to exercise more. I want to build more muscle. I also think it will help greatly with my self esteem problems and help me feel good! :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I want to become more social irl. I'm not as much as a social person when it comes to hanging out with friends and all. It's all due to me being so anxious. It hasn't been a problem at all online, but it's not the same. With the new job I'm about to start, I hope I could fix this problem for the new year.

I'm only praying for a better year in 2014. New job, final semester of college, it's going to be great.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My biggest goal is to remember to date all my papers with 2014 instead of 2013. :P

Okay, my serious goal to to become a better writer. I've already improved a lot this past year, but if it's one thing I know, it's that I have a lot to learn. So that means I'm going to have to work on old weaknesses and new strategies, and that means more stories to write! I also want to complete at least a couple stories this year on top of my current one. A little ambitious for someone with my kind of schedule, but I think I can do it.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
    Years
  • Well, my main New Year's Resolution is to begin to lose weight...as in, over 100 pounds of it. (I'm 5'7" and weigh 319 pounds as opposed to the 155-ish that I should weigh. At least I have lost 9 pounds this past year...)

I have known for a while now that my mom's family has several diabetic individuals (including Mom herself, sadly), but I just found out that my dad's dad and my dad's brother have diabetes, as well. Plus, heart disease has affected both of my grandparents.

I don't want to have diabetes or heart problems. I already have high blood pressure, so I can't let this go on any longer.

On a lighter note, I also want to actually write more of my fanfic and be more active on deviantART.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Pretty simple. Do better this new year and change the bad me from last year. I really wish I can.
    That's why I'll try too. It's hard to change right now, but I'll do it.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    To stop being such an unlikeable ****. There's a reason why all 5 New Years' parties I knew about specifically don't want me there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    All I hope to do is fix my sleeping pattern after these holidays, which I guess could be considered as somewhat of a New Years Resolution! But my mentality has always been, "if I want to do something, I'll do it no matter what date is on the calender".

Back