Thread: [Discussion] Where do we go after we die?
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I've never been a believer of going to heaven/purgatory/hell etc when you die, it just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, I don't like the idea of living forever after my physical body has passed on. The idea of immortality scares me. I've always preferred either dying and thats it, you're done, bada bing bada boom or reincarnation. I know reincarnation is an endless cycle and that makes you 'immortal' in a way, but it's comforting to me that I'm not aware that I have been reincarnated. At least that's what I have been lead to believe? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaking of immortality then, what are your thoughts on pseudo immortality? Let's take an example to clarify. Overlord Drakow has taken over the world, riding on the back of his Hydreigon to victory like a true Dark lord. The embodiment of the supreme ruler is sculptured and his image is also painted on massive canvases. His reign of terror is written down in the history books to be preserved throughout the ages. Although Drakow will eventually die one way or another, his impact on the world will never be forgotten. The concept is pretty much the same for any famous person. If the other extreme is considered, it could be argued that as long as one person remembers someone who has died, they will "live on in their memory". In essence it's a form of immortality. Even if someone dies and say that's it for them - no rebirth or going to Heaven / Hell - what would your stance be on the claim that they will still live on in the memories of the people who closely interacted with the deceased being?