Thread: Emerald hack: Touhoumon Purple
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:21 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by 搞五搞六:
I'm a freshman in Touhou Puppet Play.I want to ask whether Touhou Puppet Play is a series or just a rom?Is there a Firered hack of it?And is there any difference between them?THX!
I'm in the process of writing a review of Touhoumon: Another World, so here's a summary (apart of that review) that basically explains it all.

Quote:
For those of you that don't know, Touhou Puppet Play (aka Touhoumon) is originally a hack of Pokémon Fire Red. The hack replaces Pokémon with Touhou characters, in a similar fashion to how Moemon replaces Pokémon with Moemon. However, it does have its differences, specifically, moves, types, capturing apparatus, and various other features help to make the game differ from Fire Red. Originally it was simply the same adventure with Touhoumon characters, but then people started to take interest. Eventually, Touhoumon became a template for other Touhoumon hacks featuring various other changes, these changes ranged from entirely new regions and stories to smaller additions and patches such as new Main Characters and music.
Various hacks have different touhoumon, stats, and sadly in the minority of cases, stories and locations. The differences between them can be vast or minute, so it would be best simply look for hacks and see what they have in common and how they differ.