Thread: [Pokémon] The Undertaker
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

> You hunger for chips. Tell the Bus Driver that you will be satisfied.

OOC:

Quote originally posted by StinkomanFan:
Yes, I've stolen the "interactive story" concept from the much wiser and more experienced Cutlerine, and mine is ALSO a horror story BUT, before you start bashing this there is much more than one way to skin a cat. Where his is more Silent Hill meets Thy Dungeonman, mine shall be more Halloween meets House on Haunted Hill meets Zork.
There's no need to defend yourself. I don't expect I'm the first person to decide to write a story in this way, nor even the first person to make it a bit of a dark one. There are a great many other people who liked Zork and Thy Dungeonman even more than I did, I daresay, and I'm sure one or more of them made a story in the same vein of mine before I did.

Point two: A Smell of Petroleum Prevails Throughout is a horror story? Wow. Seriously, I had no idea people considered it one. I always thought it was more of a black comedy - or perhaps other people don't find such ridiculously overblown horror as funny as I do. Actually, that would explain a lot more than just Petroleum, now I come to think about it.

Also (and it pains me to admit this) but I've neither played nor seen a single entry in the Silent Hill franchise. My horror references are all from that stalwart lantern-jawed favourite, H. P. Lovecraft.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck with your story! I hope you do well.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.