Thread: [Pokémon] The Undertaker
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
Gone. May or may not return.
Nature: Impish
> You hunger for chips. Tell the Bus Driver that you will be satisfied.

Originally Posted by StinkomanFan View Post
Yes, I've stolen the "interactive story" concept from the much wiser and more experienced Cutlerine, and mine is ALSO a horror story BUT, before you start bashing this there is much more than one way to skin a cat. Where his is more Silent Hill meets Thy Dungeonman, mine shall be more Halloween meets House on Haunted Hill meets Zork.
There's no need to defend yourself. I don't expect I'm the first person to decide to write a story in this way, nor even the first person to make it a bit of a dark one. There are a great many other people who liked Zork and Thy Dungeonman even more than I did, I daresay, and I'm sure one or more of them made a story in the same vein of mine before I did.

Point two: A Smell of Petroleum Prevails Throughout is a horror story? Wow. Seriously, I had no idea people considered it one. I always thought it was more of a black comedy - or perhaps other people don't find such ridiculously overblown horror as funny as I do. Actually, that would explain a lot more than just Petroleum, now I come to think about it.

Also (and it pains me to admit this) but I've neither played nor seen a single entry in the Silent Hill franchise. My horror references are all from that stalwart lantern-jawed favourite, H. P. Lovecraft.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck with your story! I hope you do well.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.