View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:32 PM).

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
For RNGing an egg which seed do I set it at? Two where do I find such settings for eggs? Also If I am understanding this correctly for the IVs does it have to have a parent with 31 in desired IVs? What if the Desired IV is 0
Once you generate your list of seeds... the results will vary according to your desired outcome. IE. looking for flawless shinies will result in far less seed results to choose from.

Per the Art of RNG guide on first page... refer to the hatching flawless shinies section. Step 5 illustrates seed results that you can choose from. Choose the one that you think you can best achieve, with the desired outcomes you are looking for. Depending on what you've searched for you may see different results for nature shiny/non shiny, IVs, ability, etc. I like to choose a seed at a second of somewhere between 15-25 seconds, that way I am not sitting around for minutes at a time in case I miss my seed and have to retry.

You do not need parents with 31 in desired IVs.... but if you are going for flawless or near flawless parents, the probability and resulting seed list will be greater if you have flawless parents.

Gen V White 2 FC: 0820-4702-6493 (commonly used for Pokedex pickups)
Gen V Black 2 FC: 4170-6415-3455 (DWFs, other random fulfillment)
Gen V Black 1 FC: 1464-7194-0424 (sometimes used for RNG pickups)
3DS FC - Version X - 0104-0057-8507 - IGN Retinaburn