• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art of RNG [RNG Guide & Discussion]

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
See problem is, I've never done any nicknaming of events on my own so I'm too sure honestly. But my best guess is that it should work, because let's be honest, Bank's hack check only works on something that is massively hacked like a Pokemon without a location at all.

Ok, thanks for your response :) I have successfully restarted my second copy of Black and RNGed it to have the TID and SID of the American SMR2010 Jirachi. I'll be rushing through the game until I get to Castelia then I'll post what happens.

EDIT:
Made it to Castelia. When I tried to nickname Jirachi, he said,"Hmmm. JIRACHI! That is truly impeccable nickname! Take good care of JIRACHI!"

Last edited by a moderator:

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
Aw D: That sucks. Guess you can only nickname them in the games you received them in >.<

Yup, I guess that is the case :( I'll try it with the Modest Meloetta you traded me next. It's from a Black game I believe.

Was finally able to nickname tabor62's Meloetta

016.png
648.png
016.png

Aurora ♁ Lv. 50
OT: SPR2013
2.png
| ID: 03013
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
EVs: Untrained