• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Didn't Serebii warned everyone not to trust leaks from 4chan? Also, 90 is still too small, because it's 10 numbers short from reaching 100, and I expect the number of new mons to range between 135 to 155.

I hope another Fire/Fighting isn't true u_u ugh it's way overdone...

We got a Fire/Psychic starter last gen. Shouldn't that cancel out the worries of getting another Fire/Fighting type in a row because of that gap?

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
As usual, I'll take any kind of supposed "leak" with a grain mine of salt, but to be fair, the story sounds kinda plausible and interesting. I'd ship that if it was real.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
Years
Didn't Serebii warned everyone not to trust leaks from 4chan? Also, 90 is still too small, because it's 10 numbers short from reaching 100, and I expect the number of new mons to range between 135 to 155.

We got a Fire/Psychic starter last gen. Shouldn't that cancel out the worries of getting another Fire/Fighting type in a row because of that gap?

I'm not worried about it being in a row, just tired of the type combination.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Rule of thumb: if it didn't come from the official site and Serebii, don't believe it.

I do have to wonder if we'll be getting word of the evil team next month though...

Years
You know, I can't wait for that funny and weird moment when everything is revealed about a month or so before the games' release and it turns out that whats revealed is either extremely similar to or exactly what the leaks said they were months beforehand.

I'm just waiting for it.

You are suddenly reminding me of this one Pokebeach leak we got during X/Y pre-release:
Spoiler:

While some of the stuff mentioned here was wrong, there was some others that were actually true, with the notable ones listed that ended up being real were: Fairy-type as a new type (although Psychic didn't end up resisting it), Sylveon and Mawile being Fairy-types, Mewtwo having two formes activated by items (which we now know as Mega Evolution), the starter final evolution typings, Sky Battles, seeing a Pokemon's EVs and boosting them via a minigame (Super Training if you're wondering), and also Belch and Draining Kiss, albeit the latter was actually 50 base power and not 60.

There was a leak on the same site that also correctly predicted Pancham and Inkay's evolution methods.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm wondering where and what it says on the Japanese site that there's more info coming on the 16th.

I remember reading at the end of the Japanese trailer something about July 16, but I didn't (and still don't) know what the rest of the Kanji said. However, I didn't see the Kanji for 'eiga' which means movie, so it might not have been the movie despite it coming out on that day.

Years
I'm looking at the linked thread to Smogon and it appears Sun & Moon are breaking tradition of the usual Pokemon games because there's apparently not going to be any Gyms or Elite Four. An Elite Four will appear (one on each island) after you build your own league.

It also mentions there will be new Pokemon based on a dolphin, snowman and sea cucumber. The rumored "Marshadow" is said to have a unique type combination, but at this stage I'm not sure what it could be.

Rockruff will apparently have a werewolf-based evolution, and the starter final evolutions are mentioned to be an archer (Rowlet), wrestler (Litten), and siren (Popplio). The descriptions heavily match up to the leaked artwork in question.

Also, Smogon has picked up on the leak that I posted in the OP, and copy-pasted my exact OP post too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If all this turns out to be legit I have to say it seems like Gamefreak didn't care at all to keep this under wraps. I mean I'm pretty sure starter evolutions have never been leaked this early before.

Also what does it mean by building your own league? Is that going to be part of the story or is the Pokemon League going to become more like a side quest?

It would be pretty cool if the Alola region didn't have a league and you were put in charge of exploring the region in order to find 8 powerful trainers to become part of the new league.

I mean I don't know why a kid would be put in charge of that, but who cares about logic?

Years
Also, for some reason, it seems incredibly likely that archer Rowlett will be a thing. I really hope so!

You have to admit when I saw those starter evos first leaked I had a feeling they had that "Game Freak feel" to them and that made me believe they may be real even when people were writing them off as fake just because 4chan (a very untrustworthy site) was involved.

Popplio becoming a siren, which is said to have a talent of singing, now probably explains why Popplio learns Disarming Voice. Rowlet becoming an archer also seems to make sense when you consider how Rowlet shoots leaves from its wings so it would be a solid transition. Litten becoming a wrestling tiger is a bit harder to hint towards, but the red stripes and markings on Litten made me think of tiger (and the fact the tiger is an animal in the Chinese Zodiac, where the Fire starter pattern is based) so I guess that was why.

Having no Gyms for the first time and relying on creating your own league in a main series Pokemon game means Sun & Moon really are game-changing to the Pokemon franchise, or at least how the main series games are built. The issues would be continuity and how it would affect the anime though.

Years
And Hikari, this goes back to what I said before about leaks probably being true even when the real thing is revealed months later...which will probably be the case this time, anyway!

I guess we may actually agree with each other on this one, particularly the starter leak which I think will be real after all.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hang on one second!

This leak says that there's no league right? Didn't the backpacker in X&Y say something about his regions Pokemon league? Let me just check...

He says this: "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time."

Although I guess that would be explained by X&Y happening after Sun & Moon...still sounds like it could put a dent in this leak.

Years
Although I guess that would be explained by X&Y happening after Sun & Moon...still sounds like it could put a dent in this leak.

Sun & Moon taking place before all the other games could be probable, since it might be the times when Gyms didn't exist yet and the Island Leaders may be the precursor to the Gym Leaders.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I'm not really sure about them changing up the Gym formula that much, since like I said earlier about unconfirmed leaks. But I would really like to see something like your suggestions happen; I liked Colosseum and XD for their Mt Battle facility and Colosseums in Orre instead of the Gyms/E4 setup, while the main focus was on the story itself.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And now we've got yet another set of leaks. This time, from a user by the name of Mundoragon, who made a Q&A thread on 4chan in regards to Sun and Moon. Here's what he's said:

According to him:

Spoiler:

I'm sure Xander and zoroarkrules25 can confirm this since they too lurk through 4chan.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah.. it just sounds like these leakers are grasping at straws now to come up with the most outlandish changes. They won't just suddenly change or remove one of the main staples of the game just to shake things up. Gyms and Elite Four have been at the core of Pokemon games and the anime since the franchise started, removing them at this stage would be completely unnecessary.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The making the league idea reminds me of my speculation prior to knowing what the region would be. My speculation was that we would help create a league in the Sevii islands.

Hmm, I remember people claiming that sometimes leakers throw in fake stuff to throw people off their tail and make them seem like good guesses instead, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back