• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Edit: This thread is a catch-all discussion for Sun & Moon leaks, rumors and other sneaky and probably not-so-true stuff. Remember to respect the forum rules when posting to topics in this thread, the forumwide rules, and so on. Best of all, have fun and share thoughts on whatever leaks and rumors you have to spread!

Old leak below:
Spoiler:

EDIT: September 12th, 2016: For those looking for the "Big Four" (well now, Big Three) leaks, you can find them in the spoiler below. As usual, keep in mind that leaks are to be treated with a grain of salt until we know all the information is really confirmed!

Spoiler:

EDIT: September 21st, 2016: Updated "Big Four" (Big Three?) leaks following September 20th trailer. Text may be a little hard to read.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
At least it won't take too long to confirm whether this is real or not.

Another Water/Normal beaver Pokemon sounds strange though. It sounds like a total copy of Bibarel. "Copy" is even in it's name. :P

blue

gucci
Years
I really wouldn't look too much into this one. Their description of the starter evolutions almost perfectly match up to an image that was leaked and has been around the internet for a few weeks now. I can understand why people find these believable with the amount of detail, but personally I just never find this kinda stuff reliable enough.

Years
Like Blue said, don't believe it until it's officially confirmed but I figured I should share my theories on this leak.

I remember when I was discussing the potential number of new Pokemon and I mostly believed it would be somewhere between the number of new Pokemon we got for 6th Gen (72) and 2nd Gen (100) since the 3D rendering would make it harder to introduce too many new Pokemon and Game Freak wanted to focus on making the games look good.

I estimated 80 or 90 for the total number of new Pokemon for 7th Gen but looking further I felt 80 was still too few when coming after a generation that only gave us 72, so I figured 90 would be more probable. If 90 is the total number of new 7th Gen Pokemon, that would take us to 811 individual Pokemon overall not counting alternate forms.

The supposed Soul Bond mechanic may be related to that new orange disc-like move that Ash Greninja was shown using in an anime episode preview so that it was likely Ash Greninja is showing off the Soul Bond mechanic even before we knew about Sun & Moon.

And the supposed reveal of Lillie being the daughter of the villainous team leader is another one I believed a lot when I watched Pokemon theory videos about Lillie on YouTube and most of the YouTubers who posted said theory videos mentioned Lillie may be related to the villainous team so I have to admit they were very near-accurate with this prediction.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I wonder if this leak has already been called into question with the reveal of Salandit.

I would have thought they'd have been aware of this reveal.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The source of the "leak" is 4chan...So it is fake. Posts like that appear on 4chan DAILY. Also, the person who allegedly leaked this being fired from a specific branch is asking for jail time and a very, very hefty lawsuit as it is insanely easy to track who this person would be based off the info they gave.

That and saying that many fantasy thoughts that have been circulating for months with the only "New" information being the Gorilla and Capybara makes this a very hard pill to swallow.

This is pretty much the same info that has been regurgitated on 4chan for the last two months. Especially the Soul Bond Method. This would be the seventh time I've seen people mention that specific mechanic on there.

There is 0 credibility to the leak, it panders to rabid fan ideas, and it is poorly executed in backstory as employees who are let go from corporations have to sign a non-disclosure agreement and if any info "leaks" those members will have to go through investigations to see if they are the ones posting it. The list of people that could have leaked it with that kind of background would be singular at the very least and as I already said, they'd face corporate backlash through a very hefty lawsuit, more than likely more than that person will ever see in their lifetime as well guaranteed jail, if not prison time, for corporate espionage.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
Years
- Descriptions of the final starter evolutions - Rowlet becomes an archer that stays Grass/Flying, Litten becomes a muscular bipedal tiger that is Fire/Fighting, and Popplio becomes a mermaid-like seal that is Water/Fairy.

I just wanted to point out that the image in the leak actually calls Litten's final form Fire/Dark, not Fire/Fighting.

I doubt any of it is true, but I really want Litten to become Fire/Dark and Popplio to become Water/Fairy, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Years
I personally hope we see fewer than ninety new designs. Gen VI is, for me at least, a prime example of quality over quantity.

If those concepts of the starter evolutions are real then they are all beyond cool.

Years
I just wanted to point out that the image in the leak actually calls Litten's final form Fire/Dark, not Fire/Fighting.

I doubt any of it is true, but I really want Litten to become Fire/Dark and Popplio to become Water/Fairy, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

I seemed to have had an oversight there, but hey if it's Fire/Dark that will actually be not bad since it's a typing we haven't had since Houndour in 2nd Gen. I guess the wrestler image suggested Fighting-type to me hahahaha

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I personally hope we see fewer than ninety new designs. Gen VI is, for me at least, a prime example of quality over quantity.

If those concepts of the starter evolutions are real then they are all beyond cool.

If the new pokemon continue to be like the ones we've seen, then that would be an example of quality and quantity (Somewhat) I was hoping for more then 90 tbh, but I guess we have event pokemon?
I would like a capybara pokemon, it's my favorite irl animal, but I'm not too keen on the name. They only changed one letter :p

I really hope its fake though this is a bit too much information for me tbh.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
http://sylveon.tumblr.com/post/147035012580/unconfirmed-pokemon-leaks-these-sounds-really

- The supposed new mechanic involving the crystals is called a "Soul Bond"
- Your Pokemon can use a new ultimate move when the Soul Bond meter is full
- The crystals (in the Japanese logo and player's bracelet) are called Bond Gems, that are acquired in the main story
http://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9

That seems like a neat idea honestly. I'm kinda hoping it's true. certainly better than "Pokemon Fusion"

Litten becomes a muscular bipedal tiger that is Fire/Dark. Seems to likely match this artwork: http://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9

Okay, no... no NO I REALLY hope this isn't real. We don't need another Emboar / Delphox situation going on. If it is true then I'm probably going with Rowlet.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Okay .. Georilla just sounds freaking amazing .. hope this is real as long as capybara does not turn out as stupid as bibarel

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
exciting if they're true and if they're not then.. oh well, at least we didn't just ruin the story for ourselves!

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Yeah, as said it's really easy (and typical) to fake something like this. If this supposed trailer reveals anything new then we'll see.

Also, where does it talk about 90 new Pokemon? I don't see anything about that in the 4Chan post.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
As others have said, probable fake and I won't delve too deeply until we see this for certain? though I'm really hoping it's real, personally. Love the concepts for the final starter evos even if they're potential fakes, Rowlet's final stage looks so awesome. I like everything I hear in this and I hope it's real, but I'm not getting my hopes up all that much. I hope Litten's final evo is Fire/Dark but I'm honestly okay with a Fire/Fighting if it looks like that, pretty cool imo. (b'-')b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back