• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would like to appreciate some random troll on PC server four years ago. This troll kept on coming back, and had a problem with people in power on all servers. He didn't like me because well... I had a symbol lol So he was telling a driver on another server (the SMOGON server) about me on this day, four years ago. And that driver was like "oh cool a girl". The troll piqued his curiosity, and that driver joined PC's server. I wanted to get into Smogon at that point - and seeing that a SMOGON DRIVER joined our server... I was excited. Initially I got talking to him because he was a driver and I wanted voice on the server. And that was how we became friends.

And that driver was Frizy. Four years since meeting (on the server) today. So thank you random troll - you did well by complaining about me to him. So to anyone with power on any server ever: any troll can potentially lead you to the perfect person for you... just humour them til they do! :')

edit: we called him gunblade. THANK YOU DUDE.

Last edited:

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • Although belated, I'd like to offer my appreciation toward both Fairy and Sheep, who provided kind words and kind thoughts at a time when I was in a rather bad place. Fairy has a been a great friend. Thank y'all.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    i just want to make a shoutout to hikamaru for being one of the genuinely nicest people i've seen on this forum. she is a lovely woman and i think most of pc takes her kindness for granted, i really think she has been a huge part of the changing social scene since she joined and there are very few who consistently try to be a good person and a good influence in the same way that she has tried since day one. she deserves a lot of praise for her dedication to the community and those in it. nichole has been one of my favourite people on here for years and i only wish good things for her in the future.

Years
  • i just want to make a shoutout to hikamaru for being one of the genuinely nicest people i've seen on this forum. she is a lovely woman and i think most of pc takes her kindness for granted, i really think she has been a huge part of the changing social scene since she joined and there are very few who consistently try to be a good person and a good influence in the same way that she has tried since day one. she deserves a lot of praise for her dedication to the community and those in it. nichole has been one of my favourite people on here for years and i only wish good things for her in the future.

Aw thanks Adriana. I always love reading every post that mentions you looking up to me as a member.

Reactions: Her

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Okay, I'll try to keep this as succinct as possible because if I could I'd write an appreciation post for literally everyone so I'm sorry if you're not here, I still love you and if we've ever talked and had a good time together you're still and important part of my PC experience.
    It's now been a year since I joined PC and I'm really happy that I could become a part of such a wonderful, fun and tight knit community. Y'all are like my second family now. I'm also glad that I can serve as staff member on my genuinely favorite place online, our very own battle server. This year has been so much fun.
    Now I just want to give some love to my pals, old and new.
    I put it in alphabetical order for simplicity's sake lol
    (Hover over the Pokemon for your message)

salamence.png

468.png

472.png

700.png

351.png

303.png

363.png

luxray.png

solgaleo_by_siraquakip-da24u3b.png

181.png

025.png

392.png

399.png

398.png

131.png

532.png

563.gif

350.png

208.png

5qwerty I don't know your favorite Pokemon so I'll do plain text: 5qwerty, you're a great new member and I'm glad you've brought your fighting spirit to the server! We need more dedicated battlers! Also watching movies with you is fun.

Years
  • Kostas... I don't know why, but you're the nicest guy I ever saw. I am so glad you stuck around on the server, I remember when you first joined and now you're a regular, beloved member and even a member of daily staff! That's so awesome, and I'm glad we're friends.
    Awww thanks a lot!<3 :hug:
    By the way, stop stealing the first phrase from hamtaro haha. Also lucario is my favorite :no:

Reactions: noa

Risnionia

Inactive
    Years
  • Why am I here? What is my purpose? Oh, yes...to appreciate.
    Appreciate people whom I believe to be the epitome of awesomeness.

Archy: We literally just met a few days ago, but in the time we've spoken I can already understand you on a certain level. Normally it's hard for me to open up to people but you've got that personality that makes people want to dish out their thoughts. You've been extremely supportive and welcoming thus far. As a newer user, it's very appreciated and I really hope to stick around for a while to get to know you more! I know any one would be lucky to have you as a friend, man. You deserve all the best! :pink_smile:
    Spoiler:

Overlord Drakow: It's been about a month since we've met, yeah? We don't talk much everyday but we make up for it in topic and length. I gotta say, at first you seemed pretty intimidating to me but maybe it was just the profile, haha. You're actually a really sweet guy *warrior. You're what I'd consider my first friend in awhile and I've just been elated to have you around. We talk about topics I wouldn't normally speak about with someone and its been fun! Especially about the Zodiac. I'd already told you that you were behind the bit of inspiration for my lifestyle improvement and that's a pretty big deal as I hadn't had any sort of motivation. I found your dedication to karate, among other things, to be very admirable. Keep up the great work! :pink_wink:

Also for some reason I couldn't tell you before but when we introduced each other I made a little joke in my head. Okay, here goes... You walk up to me a bit battered and bruised. I look at you in shock and say, "Oh my gosh, are you OK? You like EMESH."

I'm sorry if that's not funny, but it still is to me. OTL

Spoiler:

Something I'd like to tell the both of you: I really appreciate that you came to me first, otherwise I probably wouldn't have spoken with you, or anyone for that matter. It made me really happy and truly feel welcomed in the community. I think that just goes to show you can help make someones day with a simple comment. That kind of makes me just want to go and send out a bunch of comments to others, haha.

- - -
    Shout-out to Babietje, JOBO & ~RNC~ : I really appreciate your guys' help in getting my dream Pokemon I wouldn't have been able to get myself. What you do seems to be pretty hard/stressful, you do these on top of your daily lives which may be stressful enough. You deal with people in kindness and patience; having you around is pretty darn wonderful. I really hope no one takes your guys' services for granted. I'd like to thank you on their behalf as well, so thank you.

Also a shout-out to users that welcome others to the community (notably JDJacket and Sheep): As a somewhat new and shy user, I'm glad to have people like you around to make sure people feel welcome. Especially for those that have a bit of hard time speaking with others. Keep doin' watcha ya do.
    icon_cool.gif.pagespeed.ce._gA25zJElL.gif

We also need a smiley with sunglasses. xD
    I also probably used the word "appreciate" too much, but at least there's no better thread for it.

Years
  • I would really like to give a shoutout one more time to all the people who wished for my birthday here. So thaaaaaaanks a lot Noa, Kaori, 5q, Hikamaru, Z25, Cutiefly!!!!, Rika, Archy, Chase, Colours, Cay, Hamtaro, Sheep, Spoonette, Lycanthropy and of course so many people on the Discord and Battle Server. Thanks a lot guys! Love you all! <3

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi! I wanted to do something like this for my 3000th post. I want to give a massive shoutout to the entire Discord crew for making these past few months amazing. I appreciate each and every one of you. That said, there are some of you I appreciate more than the rest :P thanks to Nina, Lost Heart, Johnny, adventure, Symphony, Nick Wilde, Altaria, Anastasia R., Tempest, hoshiko, killer-chan, colours, Mars, Achromatic, Shamol, and especially McCree for making the server. I love you all and wish I could hug each and every one of you.

except Johnny. Johnny and I won't stop at hugs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

btw y'all should mouse over your usernames because if you don't i'll have wasted an hour on nothing.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I wanted to make a big appreciation post soon, but first:

I think people (especially us in the server) should reaaaally appriciate wolf and what he's done more - if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even have the battle server! We also wouldn't of have the requests we ask of him, like our custom avatars, battles of the week and what not!

People don't appreciate you much, but I think now's a good time as any. <33

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i would like to shout out in no particular order

Popwar Bunny, hashtag, GLaDOS, Achromatic, Nina, Vetements, Wick Nilde cos you all keep me real happy in the day-to-day :)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I usually don't do these, but Angie really wanted me to. So here goes somethin'! I really didn't think I'd come back to PC let alone be as active as I am. I remember first joining and being super intimidated, and thinking that I wouldn't return. I gave forums a break and needed a new place to hang around, and PC was the place I decided to give it a second go!

I'd like to shout out these users, in no particular order: Belinda, Winter, colours, Sheep, Sydian, Aquacorde, Achromatic, Hiroshi Sotomura, bobandbill, my fellow Daily Staff, and everyone on the Discord server.
    You all help make this community what it is and I really appreciate each and every one of you.

ps: yay for 1,000 posts!
    pss: yes, colours, Fourth Gen belongs to me, and no, you may not have it back ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Most of you who have come to know me understand I am not a very warm person. I'm not one to squeal or offer much praise and recognition even for the best of friends. But I believe that, for the long-term survival of the server, we need to reach out to the next generation. Acknowledgment is probably the best tool for that. A server cannot live on with just 4 people.

I've come here tonight to point out one of those new rising stars: Mudkip (CUTIEFLY!!!). I've consistently seen him on the server. He brings great energy to the chat. His sense of humor is eclectic and a bit esoteric, but much appreciated. It enlivens the server and greatly improves on the quality of the Discord general chat, I think most people would agree. Both chatrooms are sometimes lost in a drab, self-serious mire. He tries to include everyone in the discussion, which can be tough, for example, in a huge chatroom like the Discord, with its 100+ active contributors.

I do sometimes admire him for his lack of inhibition; actually, it's the reason I notice him. Especially in huge chatrooms, the ones that pitch in sometimes aren't what most people are looking for, for one reason or another. The rest are afraid to speak up. In my nine years here, I've rarely pointed out a newbie, but these are special circumstances. Mudkip hits that sweet spot. I love his presence and hope he'll be more active in the future.

Years
  • I have a lot of respect for BadSheep. I do not agree with the vast majority of his views but I'll always admire his openness to listening to opposing positions and willingness to continue to further his political education.

So here's to BadSheep I guess.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    just wanna appreciate Esper and Kanzler for a sec for being great

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back