• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
riginally Posted by Snakebyte
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

The trasnlation of the rom will be release later because ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE will fix the bug found in game NOT only translate in english. Maybe the rom was been release earlier but i send the bugs found in game for fix and it is more bugs and RESPECT ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE. Sorry but this is my opinion :D :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I'm still rooting for SP. One of the most reason is that he would change the cry of the Pokemon of Gen 4 and 5 (I'm kinda serious about that, I don't want to see a Weavile that has a Salamence cry... or such).
Everyone will be focused on snakebytes I guess
Not everyone...

Years
what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

unbenannts05v.jpg

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

unbenannts05v.jpg
Everyone knows about this thing if they went to this gym xDD
Trust me, I bet it'll be fixed in the english translation

Years
xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

unbenannt8u3m.jpg

unbenanntzunr.jpg

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

unbenannt8u3m.jpg

unbenanntzunr.jpg
Go back to the cave where you first travel to Snowce city and the ice gym leader is in that cave talk to her, then go to her gym and beat her

Years
boahhh^^ i only want to say thanks. thanks hasn´t enough charakters. what should i do instead ?

im stucking again. what should i do next. im in the dragon city? all ways are blocked.

Last edited:
Years
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.

Years
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.

ok ok stop with that already u said that 5 times that u r rooting for sps version me 2 but stop man we understand and that whole thing that u became friends thats rlly romantic i think u should write a romance.

Years
okay i know how it goes further.

i talked with the professor.. easy but difficult to remember :D

how many masterballs are in this game? hmm ... better. dont say the correct number pls

are there more than 1 masterball?

because im at giratina and i cant go back for buy ultraballs. i have only 8.

EDIT : i got it with 3 balls. but with 20x loading infight :D

Last edited:

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
I really think that Wesley should say something here, because all I see is one side make a clean translation(which I support because it preserves all of Wesley's hard work and originality) and the other side adding all these other features and changing up the story a bit.

Shouldn't you be rooting for me? I will do a better job than Snakebyte because the stuff I'm covering is more than Snakebyte's.

For the original version:
-Decapitalization
-Custom names for every Trainer
-Corrected Pokédex entries
-Changed town names
-Extra random Trainers roaming in random places; they help you to prepare for the upcoming battles
-Cries for the D/P/P and B/W PKMN
-New PKMN - Gallade, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Leafeon and Rhyperior

For the slightly edited version:
The stuff up above +
-Relationships on Gym Leaders and Elite Four between the Gym Leaders and the E4 from previous generations (Not including Ash's relationships)
-Ash's estate (No, Ash's girls will not be included)

So fans, I need your opinions. Originality isn't everything, you know!

Well it's my choice who I root for, even though I am not rooting for anyone because this is not a basketball game. And yes, originality is everything because you are basically just degrading the quality of the hack.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
My oh my, this thread has changed since I've last seen it. Now all these translators are all yapping about competitions, "my version of the hack", romance (lol where'd that come from), etc. Your version of the hack? It's Wesley's hack, all translators are supposed to do is translate it. Their version of the hack should just be English text as the change, not all of this stuff. I feel as if Ash493 should be the only translator since he's not fighting over all of this competition and whatnot. But anyways I'm not trying to pick a fight or "choose sides", I'm just stating my opinion on this whole situation. If the staff dislike this message, you can just edit this out for me.

And so this post doesn't get deleted over this off-topic conversation, I'll review this hack.

I remember the last time I played this was about a year ago, maybe? Anyways I hear this hack is completed, just waiting to be translated. So good job to you, Wesley. Anyways I noticed that you didn't post the story on this 0_o (I don't remember what happened the last time I played it), so I guess I have to play the final version to know it. There's two regions while looking at the World Map, awesome. I like the idea of double the gym leaders. And of course the tiles and graphics look beautiful. I can't say good luck on this hack if it's already finished in its original language, so I'll say good luck to the translators, and please, just translate the hack. Make "own versions" fine, but please don't fight over this or choose teams and such.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Destiny Demon, I resent those remarks. All I'm doing is translating it, as the other guy seemed to be unable to restrict himself to that, and I've never said anything about any competition. That's rather the point. This is, indeed, Wesley's hack, and that's why I involved myself.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
*blinks* Let's try that again, then.

My translation now goes up to the end of the third gym. Progress should continue at this pace.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
Ive got to say I underestimated you snakebyte. At this rate you will be done with the game in two to three weeks. You have my support

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
R3D X: I don't believe I've used any profanity in mine up to this point.

Zetsubou Johnny: I like you. :)

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.

Thank you Snakebyte. Thank you for being civil, professional and adult about all of this. You understand what needs to be done and are doing it. Thank you for Translating this game and thank you for allowing us to play this game, non-bastardized and just how Wesley created it.

Back