• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v4.0 - [Emperors vs. Empresses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
372.no worries we can still handle him!

i'll work on the girls fighting theme and the story of beating boys...three girls out of nowhere...peachy-san you gotta join us!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Okay, if you really want to know.... for my Thesis, I need to separate grainsize fractions, based on the law of Stokes (which calculates the time it needs a certain grain size (in my case µm-size) to settle in a water colum of a certain height, keeping in mind the environment Temperature (which influences the water's viscosity). And if you lost it, it's just basically a column of water. And I have to wait the calculated time, and remove everything that's not settled by then. 8D; For the 16 µm fraction, it takes 20 minutes at 22°C, for 8µm it's 1h27 at same temperature.

I'm a Geology student, so I have my reasons to mess with dirt and particles. |D

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
It's not painful. It's quite fun. The waiting last week (8µm fraction) was boring though, I didn't have anything else to do but browse the internet and stuff, but now (16µm fraction) goes much faster. I can barely keep up with the 375 beakers of water I'm collecting. |D I wish the lab had more big beakers. 1L beakers are too small. |D

I'm alost done with the 16 µm. If I have enough <8µm material, I might have to start separating at 4µm. @_@

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't understand anything you are saying now.
You ninja'd me Arrow-chan! I'm angry!

Last edited:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
376.I'm a ninja!! ^.^

JNath-kun..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! don't reduce the number!!! can you play with the girls?? you can be the knight and cover us!!what do you think?? :D

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

It's my part of my Master Thesis, so it's not just practice. The smallest fractions will be analysed on C/N isotopes and other chemical elements. The results will be compared to the results of a sediment core taken of Laguna Parrillar (S.-Chile). The sediments I'm working on are from soils surrounding the lake. That way I'll be able to tell which soil got eroded when. (hopefully, that is |D)

It's okay if you don't understand what I'm saying. o3o I'm bad at explaining. Just imagine a particle of any given size sinking to the bottom of a glass beaker filled with water. The time it takes to reach the bottom of the beaker depends on a lot of factors (Temperature and Viscosity of the water (wiki it, if you don't know what viscosity is), height of the beaker, particle size, etc).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Sorry. 8D Ah, well, at least I seem to have it better than a friend of mine who spends her days looking through the microscope.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Haha, thank you. I hope so as well. If only I knew what I want to do next year. @_@;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back