• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

I was made fun of as well for still liking Pokemon, but I didn't care. I wasn't going to drop something that I enjoyed just to please others.

Sirfetch’d

I wasn't necessarily vocal about it, but I'd play my games between classes or during gym if we didn't have any activities to do that day. I'd have people ask me what I was playing and I would tell them the truth.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I really didn't mention it, but one day I drew myself as a Gym Leader in class. Someone saw it and laughed at me for it. I got so angry at her I had to sit outside of the classroom for about 30 minutes. I had no way to control myself back then, but now if I'm hated for liking Pokemon, I'd just ignore them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm... really glad I never really had to deal with bullying or feeling judged for my interest in Pokemon. ._. I'm old enough that the first time I fell in love with it, it's when the Pokemon craze was in full force. When I kept loving it, I lucked out in going to an excellent school where everyone in the class was friends with each other so even if some of my interests seemed childish, no one minded or made fun of me at all for it. Then in high school, Pokemon had a slight retro resurgeance and, even if it didn't, I had a great group of friends and many of them liked Pokemon too so I didn't have to talk to people who didn't like it. (And then in university, Pokemon is universally accepted as cool so no big deal here either.)

I actually introduced quite a few IRL friends to PC and honestly, most of my IRL friends were made from a mutual love of Pokemon too, haha. I owe a loooot of my development as a person to the series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wasn't made fun of for liking Pokémon, either. All of my friends knew that I was a fan of Pokémon, and a few of them were fans themselves. As for social media sites... I've honesty never used any of those. Not even Facebook. I just wasn't interested in them. xD Instant messengers were the only things that I have ever used to get into contact with friends.

It's a good thing that I'm not into social media, though, because I've heard that employers like to look at your profiles before they hire you. Since I don't have any social accounts, they won't have anything to look at.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
  • I used to be really into instant messengers but they don't do much for me anymore. Part of it is that I really hate Skype as a replacement for MSN/WLM, but I'd kind of stopped using them long before that was changed.

I've been making an effort to keep Skype open all the time when I'm on my computer, lately, and I do have to admit it's been nice being able to talk to people in realtime again. I think a lot of people I know just gave up on IM when MSN died, though, so my pool of people to talk to isn't very large.

Years
  • Yeah I was made fun of in 8th grade for still liking Pokemon at my age. :/ In high school I knew people who like Pokemon , but all of them were the "nostalgic" fans who only mainly liked gen 1 and 2(or some gen 3 to an extent) . One person I knew still liked current Pokemon games (gen 4 and a bit of gen 5 at that time. I graduated a few months after gen 5 started in the US.) So I really felt left out . (which is way I joined here. )

Yoo, you shoulda went to my 8th grade school man! Our crew (and accordingly a good chunk of the school) was maad into pokemon! Some people are just ignorant af.

Also skype chats ftw.

Sirfetch’d

I love Skype and use it everyday to keep in touch with everyone from PC that I talk with. I find it convenient and easy to use so it's perfect for me! Sometimes I don't get notifications like I am supposed to, but other than that it's a good program to use.

Cherrim

Years
  • Skype as a text-based messaging system is pretty awful, though... at least in comparison to what MSN/WLM was.

I don't really like voice chats all that much so I don't use it for that purpose a whole lot, which imo is the only place it excels in.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to have AIM, Yahoo, and MSN on at the same time. Now I stick with skype because that's what almost everyone uses nowadays, yeah?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have MSN, AIM, and Skype. Though these days I've only used Skype because I haven't had a need to use AIM and well ... no need for me to use MSN either.

Years
  • I have AIM and Skype, but no one really ever messages me on AIM anymore, and I used to use MSN prior to the merge with Skype as well. Most of my instant messaging these days is done through Skype, and I rarely use Skype for calls as well.

Sirfetch’d

I've only used Skype for calls when a few of us from the server decided to do a voice chat. Other than that, I hate my voice and prefer to talk through IMs.

Years
  • I thought I was the only one who hated their voice xD but yeah, I typically only go into calls if others agree, and if I'm in the mood to talk.

Ugh, I'm not feeling so well tonight ;-; I feel feverish ):

Sirfetch’d

Aww sorry to hear that, Zach. Hopefully a good night's sleep will make you feel better =D

Years
  • Aww thanks Jelli <3

I'm definitely gonna be getting off the PC (both the personal computer and the PokéCommunity haha!) real soon to get a good night's rest. I just hate September because it's the month I'm most vulnerable to colds throughout the year :[

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • My body catches a cold very easily. So good recovery Zach!
    Also I mainly use Skype for IM. I use WhatsApp for my RL friends since it requires phone number.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Meh, I don't really use skype, unless I already know the person very well IRL, or if I'm playing something like Minecraft. I just don't really like skype or things of it's ilk all that much.

Colds, I never get them. :}
    Seriously, I get one, maybe two, a year.

Get well soon, Zach! Have plenty of Vitamin C, and Herbal Tea!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back