• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Tournament to Beat All Others. [PG-13]

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    OOC thread (by MichaelaTheUchiha) is located HERE.

Plot:
    After the mighty defeat of Team Plasma, the world was at peace yet again for many years to come. In fact, the Johto, Hoenn, Univa, Shinnoh, and Kanto regions all wanted to create a new league of gym leaders. This special force would include 12 gym leaders instead of the usual 8, and if you manage to beat all of them, you shall be permitted to join a fierce battling tournament at Hoenn's own Lilycove City. If you then manage to beat all the opponents there, you then shall face the toughest opponent ever: the Champion of all five regions!
    Although this may seem fun, a new and improved evil team has risen to take over the Pokemon world and their name is Team Ghost. This team is planning to bring back the Shadow Pokemon Project. They will show no remorse and will capture every single Pokemon and turn them into Shadow Pokemon. They won't stop at that, though. After they convert all the Pokemon into shadow forms, they will turn them into spirits! Walking amongst the earth in neverending dismay and horror. The trainers, of course, will not let this happen! All throughout Hoenn there are places corrupted by the waste of Team Ghost's machines. Some trainers want to gain strength by completeing the tournament. Others want to get rid of Team Ghost. The remaining trainers simply want to follow their own goals and do what they think is right. Which path will you take? It's your turn to decide!

(As for geographical changes, Sootopolis City has sunken underwater, Fortree City has been taken over by Team Ghost, and Lavaridge Town is barely holding back Team Ghost at their boundries. If you want a geographical reference, simply look up a hoenn region map online. And you can use any generation of pokemon from blue and red to black and white. If there is a popular demand for a map, I will edit the first post and put one in.)

Trainer App:
    Name:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Starter Pokemon:
    (These must be from the labs in each Pokemon game like bulbasaur or turtwig.)

Team Ghost App:
    Name:
    Position(Leader or Lacky):
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Pokemon Team:
    (For these guys the level range is about 15-20 and will grow once they are introduced. Limit in the team is 3 per person.)

Gym Leader App:
    Name:
    Personality:
    Gym Type:
    Gym Number(out of 12, like the 1st gym ot 5th gtm, etc.):
    Pokemon Team:
    (Think reasonably here. If you're the 2nd gym don't choose level 80 pokemon....have some common sense :l)

Champion App:
    Name:
    Personality:
    Pokemon Team:
    (This may be any pokemon except of course for legendaries or any level 100s..im not asking for levels just don't OP them)

My Application for Trainer:
    Name: James Othello
    Personality: Overconfident mostly, but when he needs to be, he is serious. He loves psychic, electric, and grass Pokemon mostly but still loves all Pokemon. He always grows an angry face when Team Ghost is mentioned even if it invovles their defeat. He is, however, always cheerful. He's always looking for a way to make things happier even if in the prescence of Team Ghost.
    Bio: James' story starts out when he was 6 and played with his Dad's, the former champion of Johto, Pokemon. He always asked to borrow his dad's Serperior and play with it from sunrise to sunset. Then one day, on James' 7th birthday, his dad had a heart attack. He was in the hospital for days and after about 3 months of grueling pain, he passed away. His last words were "James.....I know you are going to become a hero....of all the regions.....I love you. You were the best son............I could've asked for." By the age of 9 James started studying all types of Pokemon from small, to big, from sleepy, to energetic. He put in all of his energy and effort into becoming a great Pokemon Trainer. At the age of 15, he got his first Pokemon. Most people started at 10, but James thought he wasn't well prepared to leave home just yet, so when everyone else went, he stayed. Now he's starting his journey throughout Hoenn to make sure his dad can see how much of a trainer he will become. He knew from the moment Team Ghost arrived he had to beat them and send them packing for what they're doing to innocent Pokemon. This was his goal. His vision. His one desire.
    Starter Pokemon: Snivy

Rules:
    1. Standard RP rules apply
    2. No trolling
    3. No godmodding
    4. No OP battling...don't call dodges every 5 seconds or say "You hit a clone" if you use double team...that's just cheap.
    5. TEAM GHOST LEADER AND CHAMPION ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!!
    Don't whine if you didn't apply in time.
    6. 1 app per person. I will allow 2 retries for your app. After that any further applications will be ignored.
    7. Each post must be at least 4 sentences. Use proper grammar, please.
    Don't say stuff like "i had dun gonned to teh market...!>>?" say "I went to the market."
    8. NO LEGENDARIES IN POKEMON TEAMS! They wil have to be introduced well into the RP and then caught so if I see any legendaries in your app it will be declined on the spot.
    9. Just a note for team ghost leader and champion(which we need), you guys won't be introduced until later into RP, probably about the third page is when you guys can come in and have it make sense.

Available Spots:
    2 Lackies
    1 Team Ghost Leader
    4 Gym Leaders

Taken Spots:
    9th Gym Leader-Aura.Lucario
    12th Gym Leader-Ethan Gold
    Champion-Supervegeta
    Trainer #1-Sir Snivy
    Trainer #2(reserved)-Sacred Beo
    Trainer #3- spasticbuddha
    Trainer #4- CuboneFan
    Trainer #5- Roserade

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • Hello, I would like to reserve a spot, I'll be a Steel type Gym Leader, if that's ok. I'll be the tenth gym. I'll edit this post and finish my SU...maybe tomorrow.

Gym Leader

Name: Thanatos Alloy
    Bio: Being the Gym Leader of the Steel Type has been his dream since he was eleven. He likes Steel's defensive powers. He was born in Canalave City (Sinnoh), and he goes to Iron Island often when he was a child. He goes there once every month, and you can see him teaching new trainers on the Island if you're lucky. He has nothing to say when it comes to Team Ghost. He doesn't care the least. In his mind there's only one tactic - Block, counter attack, and he uses this tactic often in Gym Battles. Being the 9th Gym Leader required an amount of strength and power, and Thanatos has what it takes.

Personality: Do not be misled by his name. Even though his name is the is the daemon personification of death in Greek mythology, he isn't cruel at all. He likes helping the trainers, and sometimes, just sometimes, let them win on purpose. He likes an interesting battle with twists and tactics, and hates those battles that require no brains. Being the Gym Leader of the Steel type, his heart isn't always a heart of steel. He's easily convinced, thus he is easily deceived in battle.
    Gym Type: Steel
    Gym Number(out of 12, like the 1st gym ot 5th gtm, etc.): 9th Gym
    Pokemon Team: (I'll think of levels later) Excadrill, Aggron, Skarmory, Bronzong, Magnezone, Lucario (Leader, Last Resort in battles)

(I'll continue editing later)

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I would like to reserve the Champion. :) I'll have my SU up in a bit.

Name: Jake Law
    Bio: Jake became Champion only recently, and because of this, he isn't widely known as the champion. He was born in Goldenrod, and has since traveled all the regions, beating Gym Leaders, Champions, and capturing and training Pokemon, causing for his team to come from all sorts of regions. He has since been traveling in disguise to both help trainers and Pokemon if they ever need any. Jake also is on the look-out for the new Team Ghost, trying to break up their plans whenever he gets a chance.
    Personality: Jake is generally pretty goofy and light-hearted. He cares deeply for Pokemon. However, in serious or bad situations, Jake appears to flip a switch and he himself becomes serious. He believes deeply in justice, and is always looking to help those in need, especially trainers he runs into.
    Pokemon Team: Nidoking, Houndoom, Zangoose, Salamence, Gallade, Walrein (Let me know if this is all OK)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    @Diamond1304: Level 55-60 I would say is about the 7th gym. I will reserve taht spot for you. As for amount of pokemon, I'd say 4 high 50s or 5 mid 50s for 7th gym.
    @Aura.Lucario: Are you the 9th or 10th gym? ur post says 10th but ur app says 9th....either way its still reserved but i still need bio.
    @Supervegeta: Champion spot reserved. Need rest of app.

Years
  • (Tried not to make him a Mary Sue)

Gym Leader App:
    Name: Ethan Gold
    Bio: Starting his life as a trainer when he became ten, he came a long way. After participating in all five leagues but only won one league, he was given an offer to become a Gym Leader. He accepted the offer as an opportunity to show the power of the bond between himself and his Pokemon.
    Personality: Ethan is usually seen as a kind-hearted person by many people although he is extremely cynical in many circumstances that he needs assistance from his own Pokemon.
    Gym Type: Mixed (If possible. If not, I will switch to electric and edit my Pokemon team)
    Gym Number: 12 (What lvl would it make my Pokemon?)
    Pokemon Team: Minun, Zoroark, Typhlosion, Dragonair, Beedrill

spasticbuddha

"You can't ignore my girth"
    Years
  • Reserving a trainer spot!

trainer app
    Name: Justin Dracen (pronounced "dray-sin")
    Personality: Quiet, distant, and emotionally detached. While he is generally calm and collected, he is prone to occasional angry outbursts. His philosophy on Pokemon until recently was that only the strong mattered, while weak Pokemon were seen as useless. Now he looks upon such trainers with contempt, while admiring trainers who can bond with their Pokemon. His favorite types are dark, dragon, and psychic. Matching his inconspicuous personality, he wears muted colors, although mostly just black and white.
    Bio: Hailing from Mahogany Town in Johto, Justin was born the son of two former Team Rocket members. As a result, he grew up believing that Pokemon are nothing more than tools used to accomplish one's agenda. From a young age he harbored a desire to become the league champion, or at least a gym leader. In anticipation of joining the league at age 10, he studied every aspect of Pokemon battling, and now possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon most scholars would he envious of. He received his first Pokemon, a snivy, on his tenth birthday, and immediately set out to conquer the johto league. However, his parents' influence on him caused him to overwork his Pokemon, and after the accidental death of his snivy, he becane overwhelmed with grief and released the remainder of the Pokemon he had caught. After a few years of wandering across the land rethinking his ideals, he decided to start another Pokemon journey and do his part to help fight off Team Ghost.
    Starter Pokemon: Totodile

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    @spasticbuddha: accepted.
    @Ethan Gold: accepted. and 12th gym leader has about mid 80s to late 80s pokemon.
    @Sacred Beo: reserved one trainer spot
    @Aura.Lucario: 9th gym leader has between 64 and 69 level pokemon. and ur app is accepted.
    @jackblaze: i cant reserve you a spot unless you tell me what u want reserved. and as for chapter based RP. I'm pretty sure we'll resolve this in one RP so i doubt it.
    @supervegeta: accepted. thanks for editing soon. and ur team is ok....btw levels are 90-100...just to let you know.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Hi I would like to be a trainer ^^
    Trainer App:
    Name: Shricx
    Personality: Feisty and likes to handle things the easy way. Loves a challenge but sometimes overdoes his main objective. Loves to put his best foot forward and try his hardest when it's for something he truly desires. Even though he may be headstrong, he can think things through. He is terribly afraid of heights and water, which proves to be a challenge in his journey.
    Bio: Shricx has lost almost everything except hope. He's lost his father and mother to a disease, and his own to lack of rent. He now lives with his grandmother who may spoil and doesn't want him to go on a journey alone. When he was younger, he was kidnapped by a group of evil doers in exchange for something from his parents. Even when his parents gave them what they needed, which he still doesn't know, he was dropped from an airplane into the ocean. This explains his darkest fears. He plans to go on this journey to prove himself, against all odds, as the best trainer in the region.
    Starter Pokemon: Torchic

Years
  • yay, no one's gone for team ghost leader! :D

Team Ghost App:
    Name: Michael ??? (last name unknown to make me more mysterious)
    Position (Leader or Lacky): Leader
    Personality: Despite what you may think, I'm neither as overbearing nor enigmatic as my position may lead you to believe. In person, I am both warm and approachable, polite and sociable. This serves to catch my victims off guard and to help lure them into the spider web, not realizing they are caught until it is far too late.
    Bio: Where I come from is of no concern. Let's just say I come from somewhere between Orre and Sinnoh, and skip the rest of the meaningless pleasantries. All you need to know is that I have a dream, and if you dare to get in my way, I will crush you myself. I've already claimed Fortree as my own, and I am merely toying with Lavaridge until the time is right. Before long Hoenn will be mine, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. The question is, are you for me, or are you against me? The choice is yours, but I can promise you that should you choose to stand against me, you will fall under my strength.
    Pokemon Team: as leader, am I still limited to 3 pokes, or will that change later in the rp? in any case my three are deino, larvesta, and axew

Years
  • *sigh* Just when I wanted to have some RPing fun, RL has to get in the way. I just had last-minute notifications on my schedule and I'm afraid I can't join this as it would mean that I'll be very very inactive. Sorry, but I guess I've to pull out. The spot for gym leader is free now.

Years
  • Hmmm....you know, I hate to agree, but I don't think we could pull off 12 gym leaders...even if we got enough people, it would be chaos trying to get 20ish people to post in a story regularly, and at the right time. Instead, I propose that we come up with 12 gym leaders, their teams and personalities, but not make them actual character slots. That way we could still have a diverse group of leaders without worrying about who's gonna play them. it's either that or have people play multiple characters each...

Years
  • That would work, especially if its the latter 6 leaders so no one would end up stuck being the lame 1st leader with a geodude and a rattata. to elaborate, we would still have 12 distinct leaders, and maybe have one of the other characters volunteer to role play the 6 that are NPCs temporarily When the opportunity to battle one comes up. Then when the battle is over the leader is ignored until the next trainer is ready for them and so on and so forth. Oh, and to be clear I would keep the Champion character as a consistent character, it's just the gym leaders who should be played on a temporary basis.

CuboneFan

Kevin Ferno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Trainer App:
    Name: Kevin Ferno
    Personality: Kevin is a very technical boy who sees everything as an opportunity to study and learn. He is more of a "middle of the road" kind of guy, and it is uncommon for him to show extreme emotion. However he does show great excitement when a new discovery is made. He is a major problem solver so he tends to be useful in a jam, however he also tends to take on problems that aren't his to deal with. At times his technical and problem solving nature get together and he tries to mediate conflicts in his very reasonable way, this can be useful, but often times comes off as annoying to others his own age. Kevin's favorite types of Pokemon are Fire, Ground and Rock, however he loves to study all of the different kinds.

Bio: Kevin was the only child of two loving scientists. His mother was a medical scientist and his father was a Geologist.

Neither of his parents had any Pokemon, and Pokemon weren't really all that important to Kevin until one day (when Kevin was 8), his mother brought home her younger brother (whom Kevin had never met before) who had a serious accident. His name was Abe, and Abe ended up staying with the Ferno's for 4 months. At this point in time there was a major lack of room in the hospitals so Kevin's mother volunteered to care for him in their home to reserve space. Kevin spent much of his time (when not studying) caring for his uncle and helping him to rehabilitate.

During this period of time, Abe began to tell Kevin all about Pokemon, and introduced his own Pokemon to Kevin. This was a life changing 4 months for Kevin and he developed a deep seeded passion and interest in Pokemon. He began to get all of the books he could about them, and would study very hard. Kevin ended up getting his starter Pokemon at 13, but felt nervous about going out alone so he spent all of his time near his own house studying Charmander, and continuing to read all he could about them. However, he is about to push through his fears and venture out, because of the threat Team Ghost has placed on all free Pokemon.
    Starter Pokemon: Charmander (Hopes to get a Cubone one day)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I agree. As champion I'm coming in later in the RP anyways, and on brief periods of time to help the trainers out and such. i don't mind being in control of some, or all the first 6 NPC Gym Leaders.

Back